🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

The Giving Up/ Cutting Down alcohol support thread - number 11

Options

Comments

• crazymum_2
    crazymum_2 Posts: 189 Forumite
    Options
    Legsand - huge hugs to you. I hope your Mum's ok and getting better, life can be so incredibly hard sometimes.... hold on in there and things will come right, sometimes it seems like they never will but they do.

Wish I could do one of those crazy hug things like Shaggy - but just not that clever :o
  • fakeplastictwee
    Options
    Big :grouphug:for you legsand.

Wow it's been busy on here today! Stick at guys, it'll be worth it. Think of how good you'll feel tomorrow and the money you're saving :)

Thanks for the welcome back bearacus, could you sign me up for the full monty on this weeks SNC please? I know I'm aiming for the full month but this'll help me at least get to the weekend. :)

It feels good to be coming back on here after a few weeks off. I'd forgotten how positive it can make you feel, I've really missed it :) I'll be paying my overdraft off in the next couple of weeks too, (I know I've said it before :rotfl: but I've got a bit of cash coming my way) so I'm looking forward to being able to start some savings and seeing the money I don't spend on alcohol going towards that, and also being able to buy myself some things that I've not been able to afford. The majority of my disposable income (not much) has always gone on alcohol so I'd like to change that.

Declaring day 2 early please shaggy :D

• cleggie
    cleggie Posts: 2,169 Forumite
    edited 2 January 2012 at 9:09PM
    Options
    Have managed another AF day today, despite fancying some wine earlier, so am very pleased with myself!:j

So i have managed 2 AF days so far!
  • Wanna_Bee_Free
    Options
    365, thanks for popping back on here, it's much appreciated and lovely to hear how well you're doing.
    Flat_Eric wrote: »
    What do you drink when you go to the pub? :j

I have tried all sorts of things when things were going well on the AF Front. My faves are lime and soda, tonic with ice and lemon, sparkling water and sometimes diet cola.

I went through a faze of trying AF beers but haven't liked the taste of most of them.

Also I bought some gold stars last year and have been putting them on my calender, none for the last coupla months though.

Shaggy and Bearacus, please can you put me down for my first AFD of 2012.

Sleep well everyone!
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,684 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    :grouphug: for you legsand, you can never have too many hugs!!:D

:wave:365, great to see you calling by. :Ton your amazing AF record.

flateric, I'm going to copy your idea of the year planner if you don't mind. I've often said this thread is like a star chart for grown ups. When I first started, I used to print off a month calendar at a time and tick off all my AF days. It really helps to see it in black and white (or pink if you're Bearacus;)). I used to drink heaps of water when I first started having AF days but as time progressed I've lost the need to have a glass in my hand and just have a couple of mugs of tea. When I'm out I just stick to water, sometimes fizzy. I can't stand sweet drinks like J2O etc.

:T everyone who's AF tonight, I've made a start.

1 AFD for January please Shaggy and

1 for the SNC please Bearacus.
  • artichoke
    artichoke Posts: 1,724 Forumite
    edited 3 January 2012 at 2:00AM
    Options
    hi

i did not want to join in before in case i did not make it through the night - but i have had 2 AFD's so far in 2012..... i can not set a target for a month as i just don't know how i will go...but lets aim for 4 AF free nights this week... not sure about the SNC - tuesday is my bad night usually - lets see how i go tomorrow...

I just came downstairs to turn off the computer and nearly poured a wine - but am off back up to bed with a water instead..:D

art
  • gien
    gien Posts: 1,649 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello! Finally back home after the christmas break, so back to normal. Unfortunately I've returned with a dreadful cold so at the moment I'm sniffing away. Was AF last night and I'd like to do full monty for the SNC please Bearacus.
    Have a good day.
    Trying to keep in budget.

• crazymum_2
    crazymum_2 Posts: 189 Forumite
    edited 3 January 2012 at 8:26AM
    Options
    Well done to all the AF people :T I've managed another AFD, and thankyou - my competitive spirit has kicked in and the AFD has helped me to control my stupid head.

Feeling proud :j
  • shaggydoo
    shaggydoo Posts: 8,406 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 3 January 2012 at 8:32AM
    Options
    Morning :hello:

Oh no! work today Smiley-Crying.gif

Sign me up for the Full Monty please Bearacus and I have completed 2 and a big thankyou.gif for running the SNCs.

589df54bf16c.jpg

Shaggyx
    What do we do when we fall? We get up, dust ourselves off and start walking in the right direction again. Perhaps when we fall, it is easy to forget there are people along the way who help us stand and walk with us as we get back on track.
  • shaggydoo
    shaggydoo Posts: 8,406 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    artichoke wrote: »
    i did not want to join in before in case i did not make it through the night - but i have had 2 AFD's so far in 2012..... i can not set a target for a month as i just don't know how i will go...but lets aim for 4 AF free nights this week... not sure about the SNC - tuesday is my bad night usually - lets see how i go tomorrow...

waeldchen.gifartichoke. You could join the monthly January challenge as TF - Target Free?
    What do we do when we fall? We get up, dust ourselves off and start walking in the right direction again. Perhaps when we fall, it is easy to forget there are people along the way who help us stand and walk with us as we get back on track.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport