The Giving Up/ Cutting Down alcohol support thread - number 11

Options

Comments

• shaggydoo
    shaggydoo Posts: 8,406 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning :hello:

First AFD of the year done. Went to see Mission Impossible last night - loved it!

th_HAPPY_MONDAY_fd963994cc7d12b2dc160052d36428c2.gif

Shaggyx
    What do we do when we fall? We get up, dust ourselves off and start walking in the right direction again. Perhaps when we fall, it is easy to forget there are people along the way who help us stand and walk with us as we get back on track.
  • shaggydoo
    edited 2 January 2012 at 9:00AM
    Options
    waeldchen.gifMrs Vimes you are on my list. Good Luck!

Legsand sending you one of these n7t9i8nlzcf9.gif
    What do we do when we fall? We get up, dust ourselves off and start walking in the right direction again. Perhaps when we fall, it is easy to forget there are people along the way who help us stand and walk with us as we get back on track.
  • shaggydoo
    Options
    cleggie wrote: »
    Well i am VERY pleased to say that i had a fab NYE...and totally AF as well!! :j

119.gif :T:T:T:T
  • shaggydoo
    edited 4 January 2012 at 8:50AM
    Options
    January :-

happy-smiley-thumbs.gif = 7 Days AF

smiley-happy0005.gif = 14 days AF

cheerleader-108.gif = 21 days AF

angel-smiley-004.gif = 28 days AF

smiley-score010.gif = 30 days AF

:j = target achieved

Bearacus /TF

Beckseven 1
    /17

Bigdrinker /8

Caramelcaron

Cheezypeas
    1/27

Chloris
    /22

Cleggie 1/30

Crazymum 1/25

dprovan /31

Fakeplastictwee 1/31

Evilsquid /20

Flat Eric /25

Gardenanna

Gien /23

Jevvers
    1/21

Legsand /18

Mackeroo
    /16

Maman
    /10

May
    /18

Mrs Vimes /20

Nettttie /23

Shaggy
    1/17

Pinkprincess /21

Pricey SOS

Rachel 1
    /14

WBF /13

Xille

PLEASE PUT YOUR TARGET AFDs IN A BOLD RED FONT and good luck! (and if I've made any mistakes, don't be shy, please let me know!)

EVERYONE WELCOME
  • shaggydoo
    Options
    It's not too late!!!!!!!!!!!

JANUARY 2012

SET YOUR Target_logo.jpg

Everyone Welcome!
  • crazymum_2
    crazymum_2 Posts: 189 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all

I am so proud to say that for the first day of the NY could I please have 1 AFD please shaggy :j

Thankyou so much Shaggy for running this thread, last night after sorting out the problems of the night before I so felt like just one small whisky (this usually turns into half a bottle). But wanted my AFD sticker so much, I resisted - thankyou.

Thankyou for all positive comments, right now they mean so much and are helping me build a new life for me.

Cleggie - doesn't it just feel so brilliant to have a clear head in the morning.
    Flat Eric - I bet you're pleased with yourself this morning....all that red wine eugh.
    Pink Princess - All I can do is try.....giving up smoking is my next step to be a better example, I'm pledging to read a chapter a day of the Allen carr book, thankyou for positive words.
    Beckseven - thankyou, I am so pleased I wasn't the drunk mum....as so often has been the case.

Thankyou and well done / good luck to everyone.

Bearacus, I not sure how it works but could I please have 5 AFD for the school night thing, I say this nervously but positively :o
  • shaggydoo
    Options
    crazymum wrote: »
    I am so proud to say that for the first day of the NY could I please have 1 AFD please shaggy :j

dancin.gif :T:T:T:T:T:T
  • dprovan
    dprovan Posts: 347 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    1 AF day down thanks.

Have a really heavy gold but actually feel better than normal, pretty sure its the absence of that drowsy tired feeling that I normally wake to having had booze the night before.

Well done to others especially those of you who have had temptations and challenges to get through.
  • Flat_Eric
    Flat_Eric Posts: 4,060 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 2 January 2012 at 10:37AM
    Options
    Morning all

shaggydoo wrote: »
    dancin.gif :T:T:T:T:T:T

:D:D:D:j:j:j:T:T:T:j:j:j:T:T:T:D:D:D
    Flat Eric - I bet you're pleased with yourself this morning....all that red wine eugh.

Yes I am pleased because I was sorely sorely tempted but in the end I wrote in my diary AF which meant that if I had had a drink, I would have had to cross it out (which would have made a mess) and I didn't want to mess up my new diary !

I tried to use the argument - well if its used up and there are no unopened bottles then I won't find myself being tempted but alas there was far too much wine to be drunk.

Funnily enough, I have woken this morning feeling absolute pants and not a drop of alcohol passed my slips last night - if I had been drinking last night, I would have put how I feel this morning down to the alcohol when of course it would now appear that I am sickening for a cold or something.

So 1/25 for me Shaggy :j
    Will join in school night challenge too please Bearacus. Umm 3 nights for me this week please :j
  • gardenanna
    Options
    A big 2012 hello to everyone - especially those of you just joining us. Please can I have a TF January Shaggy with 1 AFD so far. Got my fingers burnt last month and still feel bad about failing such a modest target so I'll take each day as it comes and see how I do. Good luck everyone :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure