The Giving Up/ Cutting Down alcohol support thread - number 11

Options

Comments

• shaggydoo
    shaggydoo Posts: 8,406 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning party.gif

Hope you all have a lovely one! I drank 4 units in 7 hours so feeling great this morning lol animal-smiley-085.gif

Haven't decided when to start the 2012 DIET.... but don't think it'll be today:o

happy-new-year-2012.jpg

Shaggyx
    What do we do when we fall? We get up, dust ourselves off and start walking in the right direction again. Perhaps when we fall, it is easy to forget there are people along the way who help us stand and walk with us as we get back on track.
  • shaggydoo
    shaggydoo Posts: 8,406 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 1 January 2012 at 10:38AM
    Options
    Morning Crazymum :hello:

What a crazy night you had!!! Well done on your AF evening and I can't tell you how many good wishes I'm sending your way for you and yours for 2012.....so so many....

Shaggyx
    What do we do when we fall? We get up, dust ourselves off and start walking in the right direction again. Perhaps when we fall, it is easy to forget there are people along the way who help us stand and walk with us as we get back on track.
  • bearacus
    bearacus Posts: 824 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Happy New Year Everyone :j hope 2012 is filled with all that you wish for xx

I was out last night with my husband, brother and sil and we had such a good night :D I stayed AF and was the driver but everyone had a good night and I was home by 2.30!!

So31AF please Shaggyxx

I'm off to my mums for a new years dinner today so diet will start tomorrow x

Bearacus x

NW-£0 Cap one-£76 HSBC small-£359.51 (0% Aug16) HSBC car- £3511.46 (0%Oct17) HX car/baby- £2731.57 (0%Nov16) HX -£1198.66 (0% Jul16) Argos- £50(BNPLMay)
    Credit card debt-£7877.20 (4/3/16)
    Car Loan - £21,777 - Now - £12,383.36 Mortgage- £154,315.77
    LLoyds loan- paid 28/1/11 LLoyds O/D paid 9/9/10
    New LBM- £ 28/2/2016
  • gardenanna
    Options
    Happy New Year everyone and here's hoping 2012 brings you all that you wish for yourselves.
  • crazymum_2
    crazymum_2 Posts: 189 Forumite
    edited 1 January 2012 at 11:36AM
    Options
    Thankyou so much shaggy - feeling a little teary this morning and ready to pick up pieces - I fear DDs flat may have been trashed by her BF - such a messy old life and too many teenagers finding their way. Nevermind at least everyone is safe and hopefully ready to learn from this one. Onwards and upwards and a wonderful new year to begin again with. It's so mild this morning I may even venture into the garden and do a bit of tidying up ready for the spring bulbs.....

So pleased everyone seems to have had a calm and happy new year drinking in moderation - how brilliant.
    And Heath480 - one day I hope your story will be mine....
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,593 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Full of lovely positive feelings this morning!! Cant wait to get started on 2012!

I saw the NY in with bubbly and had wine with my dinner but so moderate not even a hint of hangover this morning. Happy days!!!

Got a a lovely roast planned for dinner, will be finishing off the bubbly (previously unheard of to have an open bottle left:D). Back on the wagon tomorrow.

Please sign me up for the full monty on the SNC Bearacus (and :T to you on your fantastic December score).

Hope you're all feeling as great as I am.:j
  • Mrs_Vimes
    Options
    Happy New Year from a serial lurker. I would like to sign up for 20 Alcohol free days this month please. I am the size of a house and it is definitely the odd glass turning into the odd bottle.
  • Wanna_Bee_Free
    Options
    Happy New Year everyone. Welcome to Mrs Vimes, I almost don't feel qualified to say that any more as I have been lurking myself for quite a while rather than contributing.

A big Well done all the Friday nighters and those without hangovers this morning. :T

I'd like to get back to having AFDs again as November and December have passed without a single one, so I need to come back on here and get pledging to you folks again.

Shaggy, please can I have a target of 13 for January. I'd secretly (oops, not so secret now!) like to not drink for half the year this year so I'm hoping to get to 15 or 16 but will be happy with 13.

Please can I join the SNC for four nights this week Bearacus.

Thank you both so very much for all you do for us on this thread, you two are Ace!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRQv2FLmbJIiN9RDLKjUkk3vln4wjlHs3x4VE7uOyQHsXEMiRvZaQ
  • legsand
    legsand Posts: 75 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,

Happy New Year to you all,

Sorry not posted for a while had to put mum in a secure hosptial the wednesday before xmas so its not been good (she is still in there) xmas day was really strange (lost dad in july) and I havent had any more AF DAYS.

Dont know what this year will hold but I would like to set my TARGET FOR JANUARY AT 18 DAYS PLEASE SHAGGY I'm going to try and control that if nothing else:rotfl:

Wish you all a happy new year

Legs xxxx
  • Flat_Eric
    Flat_Eric Posts: 4,060 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Wishing everyone a Happy New Year. Here's hoping 2012 is special :o

Would like to aim for
    25 AF days in January please :j

Bought lots of booze for xmas - most of it has remained unopened including the 3 litre box of wine and the 2 boxes of becks I bought - had one bottle ! Have had some AF days between xmas and new year - usually I make the most of being away from the office and not having to get up for work and thus drink every night. Have two bottles with wine leftovers but may freeze/cook with.

Friday nights difficult for me too. End of week = sigh and relax and reach for the booze and a naughty tea. If I drink though, I end up sleepy and not wanting to do any crafting (cross stitch) and I hate it when the following day gets written off because of the evening before.

Hoping January is good for all of us
    :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family