The Giving Up/ Cutting Down alcohol support thread - number 11

Options

Comments

• cleggie
    cleggie Posts: 2,169 Forumite
    Options
    Good afternoon all, and Happy New Year!

Well i am VERY pleased to say that i had a fab NYE...and totally AF as well!! :j

I went to a friends house with the kids (we are both single mums) and played wii games with the kids, then when they went to bed we did 'just dance' for ages and had a great time drinking Cola.

I am so proud of myself that i managed to stay AF. This is the first New Years Day that i can remember where i havent had a lot to drink!!! :D

Well done to crazymum and everyone else who managed an AF NYE too!
  • dprovan
    dprovan Posts: 347 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    HI

I would like to join. Please sign me up for the 31 days for Jan please
  • fakeplastictwee
    Options
    First off I want to say happy new year to you all, and welcome to the newbies. This place provides massive support and has helped me a lot in recent months. Also massive thanks to shaggy and bearacus for keeping the scores.

I was going to come on here and sound off about my drinking woes of late (one AF day since mid November) and write a big long post about how disappointed I am with myself. However, there appears to be a lot of positive vibes going on, so I won't go on :) All I need to say is, if ever I needed a motivation to control my drinking, i just need to think back to how I am feeling right now. Physically, mentally and emotionally.

Can you add me as Target Free to the list please Shaggy. I really want to try hard and get my head in a better place in the next few weeks.

Sorry for the slightly downbeat post.
  • Flat_Eric
    Flat_Eric Posts: 4,060 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have been sorely tempted by the opened bottles of red but instead of there being two as I thought, there are three ! and far too much for me to drink in one evening. I don't want to spend my last day of hols feeling rotten so I am having a glass of diet 7 up instead ! I also want to get my AF challenge off to a good start :j

I noticed mention of TF - which I see means Target Free - does this mean we don't set a target but just try our best ? I like this idea :D I couldn't make up my mind how many days to set my target for and opted for 25 because I want to allow room for a drink if I really fancy it. Not tonight though.
  • cheezypeas
    Options
    Happy 2012 One and All !!!

Wow, a shiny new thread and so busy already........

Well I had a lovely NYE - not AF but just some bubbles in moderation with some old friends. We had a laugh and I have never felt this well on a New Years Day before !!! Usually sleeping off the booze for most of the day, but not today :j

And have started this brand new year as I mean to go on, and have been AF all day. So I am delighted to say 1 AFD for Jan pls Shaggy :T

Best NY wishes to you all.................
  • pink_princess
    pink_princess Posts: 13,581 Forumite
    Options
    Hi
    Can I rejoin in please? I have not done this challenge for months but I need it after drinking every night for the last 8 days in a row:eek::o

Can I aim for 21 AF days please Shaggy.

Crazymum, all you can do is show your DD that she doesn't have to drink by you being strong & not drinking :) Your doing so well x :j
    Life is short, smile while you still have teeth :D
  • fakeplastictwee
    Options
    1 for today please shaggy, a good start for the new year. Also, I'd quite like my target to be 31. Seems scary but unless I try then I won't achieve it!

Sorry no colours, posting from my phone.
  • rachelww1
    rachelww1 Posts: 680 Forumite
    Options
    Happy new year everyone, old & new :)

I'd like to set a target of 14 for December please with 1 completed for today. Was fairly sensible last night and didn't get fall down drunk as i have done on previous years (unfortunately I did do this on Fri night and have the bruises to show for it :o).

Thanks ever so much for running the thread Shaggy, and for the SNC Bearacus. And Bearacus, your acheivement in December was amazing :T

Not signing up for the SNC this week as it's DS birthday and we're off to the theatre to see spamalot and then going for a meal, which I may or may not have a drink at.
    LBM Dec 10. Total unsecured debt £41176 :eek: Nov 12 Debt Free Thanks Mum x RIP x

2013 Savings £250
    2013 OP £3500
  • beckseven
    beckseven Posts: 877 Forumite
    Options
    Happy New Year to everyone. Great to see lots of positive posts-I haven't got a hangover on new years day for the first time in years (apart from the years I was pregnant) and feel good. 1 afd for me please shaggy and can I sign up for 4 snc please bearacus. Well done crazymum on being af last night-you did so well and were more than ready for any crisis that arose-glad that all ended well. I want to lose half a stone this year (not Christmas weight amazingly but my 'baby weight' that's been hanging around for three years!) and know that being af and drinking moderately will play a bit part in this!
    HSBC Visa-High interest-£2349.23 Nat West £2605.18
    My Overdraft-£1500
    Barclaycard-1089.77
    Marks and Spencer card- 3331.30 next 92.67
    Total was 11066.29 now £10,968.15
  • Jevvers
    Jevvers Posts: 648 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone and happy new year. Just popping by to set a target of 21 AFDs please and 1 AFD down already :)
    Mortgage 1: £243,034 0.99%, i/o, ends May 2026 MFW date 20 Aug 2020
    Mortgage 2: [STRIKE]£166,966[/STRIKE] £159,066 0.99%, repaymt, ends Oct 2033
    Total: £402,100
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport