PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 8. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.

Options

Comments

• officeguru
    Options
    I really hope your cat is OK - I get worried to death when my dog is poorly. Fingers crossed for you.

Hi Welshwoofer,

No, she's still in the vets.. I'll phone again tomorrow... I remember when I had 3 little white kittens to rear and they were all healthy... They went for their first jabs and only 2 came out.. One had a serious heart murmur and it could die at any time so we couldn't home her... I cried for days over that... I'm not a pessimist so I am hoping that she'll be fine.....
    ellie99 wrote: »
    Welshwoofer,

I have a walking partner, but she's no health problems and is much fitter, and she's impatiently waiting for me to catch up with her!

oh btw, my sensible head told me I'd be even more annoyed with myself if I ate everything in sight...I compromised with a low fat yoghurt.

Well done Ellie, for not eating everything in sight !!! :beer: I've done that many a time... but get thee behind me, Satan ... I've been housebound for years but I actually went for a walk on Sunday... The first time in years... I saw the little squirrels in the sunshine and it was lovely.. I can't stay out long but I loved it for as short as it was... I am hoping to get out this weekend and walk a little further... (I am talking only a very short distance) My illness didn't cripple me and I can walk, but I get so very tired very quickly.. so I keep myself busy in the garden ... roll on next month.. but I have set myself a goal to walk along a beach before the summer... and walk back to the car again, with still a bounce in my step :j:j:j:j:j

Do you not have someone else you can walk with who won't get frustrated when they have to wait for you ???? Or give her a kindle so that she can read it while she's waiting...:) No offence meant !!!
  • ellie99
    ellie99 Posts: 1,551 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 19 February 2013 at 10:32PM
    Options
    Officeguru
    ha ha you made me laugh, I realise I didn't explain myself very well...my walking friend isn't standing up ahead waiting on me, she wouldn't go off and leave me...she's at home texting me regularly to see if I'm fit enough to go out yet. Recently we've just stayed in and drunk tea!

Your little walk sounds lovely, it's good that you can garden, I really like gardening, but have struggled the last few years because I find bending painful, I hate seeing my little garden in a mess.

If you could live one day of your life over again, which day would you choose?
  • officeguru
    Options
    Have any of you girls been hearing about this? I saw it on the front page of the I newspaper this morning
    http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/health/fat-chance-of-slimming-dieters-who-eat-highfibre-foods-consume-more-calories-scientists-say-29081258.html

Interesting article.. Personally it doesn't really affect me as I cannot eat high fibre ... but I think it is bad that people have been sticking to a 'healthy' diet and can't understand how they cannot shift the weight... well, that might explain it... It's amazing how everything is getting turned on its head lately... I always found it strange how if something is described as 'slimming' or 'low fat' it seems, in most cases, to have more calories than 'normal' equivalents.. and it also costs a lot more... but then, we all know that the slimming industry is worth millions...

Thanks for the update.... :)
  • sparrer
    sparrer Posts: 7,547 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Another theory about another food, I wish I could get a grant to research something, anything, just to 'prove' no-ones really understood it in the past ;)

B - missed, had an early visitor
    L - 2 WW wm rolls spread with ff yogurt, chicken and a scrape of pickle
    T - 3 crackerbread spread with ff yogurt, 1x a little bit of Stilton, 1x chicken & rf mayo, 1x marmalade
    S - melon, apple, grapes
    E - usual and bedrooms/bathroom cleaned, bedding changed - takes me most of the day as I have to do a little bit, have a rest, go back to do a little bit more, etc etc...

Sleep tight :)
  • officeguru
    Options
    sparrer wrote: »
    Another theory about another food, I wish I could get a grant to research something, anything, just to 'prove' no-ones really understood it in the past ;)

Sleep tight :)

Hi Sparrer

It's funny isn't it... We all know that if you eat less you lose fat... eg famine in Africa, the holocaust etc... and fat people don't move enough...

It never failed to amaze me how my sister-in-law is like a rake.... she eats nothing but fry-ups... (I don't think I've had a fried-egg sandwich since my teens..) She never misses a meal and also eats between meals.... She wouldn't know what was healthy if you paid her (This is not me saying that, it's her).... She's sat at an office desk for as long as I have known her and in the evenings she sits and knits... She has never 'exercised' as we know it and she doesn't walk except from the front door to the car....

Life is not fair :(

Yet, I have always eaten far less than her... I've always been on the go and even when I've been really poorly, I've still moved myself more than her.... :( and I love her to bits.... but

Life is not fair.... :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • WelshWoofer
    WelshWoofer Posts: 5,076 Forumite
    edited 20 February 2013 at 10:10AM
    Options
    officeguru wrote: »
    It never failed to amaze me how my sister-in-law is like a rake.... she eats nothing but fry-ups... (I don't think I've had a fried-egg sandwich since my teens..) She never misses a meal and also eats between meals.... She wouldn't know what was healthy if you paid her (This is not me saying that, it's her).... She's sat at an office desk for as long as I have known her and in the evenings she sits and knits... She has never 'exercised' as we know it and she doesn't walk except from the front door to the car....

Life is not fair :(

Yet, I have always eaten far less than her... I've always been on the go and even when I've been really poorly, I've still moved myself more than her.... :( and I love her to bits.... but

Life is not fair.... :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Your sister-in-law may well have unhealthy "insides" though. Fat is stored in places you can't see too (as well as the bums and bellies regions ;)) and her arteries and heart may have deposits of fat. Also, her hidden things like cholesterol levels and blood pressure may be higher than yours.
    You are probably fitter than her with a healthier heart and better bowels - see, there is a positive!:)

ETA - Just remembered - one of the PE teachers I work with that also moonlights as a personal trainer has names for different types of people - there's the "fit fat" (who are healthy but carrying a bit of extra weight) and the "skinny fat" (those that are thin but are unhealthy, unfit, untoned and are probably quite unhealthy on the inside) - I know which one I'd rather be!
  • couponchaos
    Options
    :hello:Can i join please?
    Am currently 11 stone 9lbs and would like to get down to ten and a half before my wedding in June. :)
    I do enjoy cooking from scratch but also work shifts so my eating habits can be a bit erratic especially on nights. i try to batch cook and take extra portions to work to stop me snacking, but patients are often buying us choccies and biscuits as thank you's, so temptation is all around. Also not really been exercising, except running around at work, need some motivation, but always tired after my shifts. Am considering trying the 5:2 diet as some friends are on it and they are definitely getting thinner. Also will walk the dog at least once a day, (normally OH's job, he will be pleased if I take over one of them!)
    Hopefully with spring coming will be more inclined to go outdoors and get excercising. :j
    :j Good things come to those who coupon. :j

GC August £122.75/150 September 188.76/200 October £97.40/ £120 November £90.20/£100
    December £136.20/£180 January £98.50/£120
    February £91.50/ £100
    March £97.50/£100
    May £129.20/ £130
    June £135/£150
    July £40/£100
  • The_Dragon
    The_Dragon Posts: 9,749 Forumite
    Options
    :hello:Can i join please?
    Am currently 11 stone 9lbs and would like to get down to ten and a half before my wedding in June. :)
    I do enjoy cooking from scratch but also work shifts so my eating habits can be a bit erratic especially on nights. i try to batch cook and take extra portions to work to stop me snacking, but patients are often buying us choccies and biscuits as thank you's, so temptation is all around. Also not really been exercising, except running around at work, need some motivation, but always tired after my shifts. Am considering trying the 5:2 diet as some friends are on it and they are definitely getting thinner. Also will walk the dog at least once a day, (normally OH's job, he will be pleased if I take over one of them!)
    Hopefully with spring coming will be more inclined to go outdoors and get excercising. :j

Welcome to the [STRIKE]madhouse [/STRIKE]gang :rotfl:, we have 6 more weigh ins for the current challenge if you want to join in on that ;)
    Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy and good with catsup :D
    NSD 15/20, OS WL 21-6 (4) :(C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z #44 Twisted Firestarter, VSP #57 - £39.43
    :p Every Penny's a Prisoner :p
  • couponchaos
    Options
    Thanks, think I will fit in well here, and it's nice to have others to chat to about diet related stuff, as OH just rolls eyes and says "you don't need to diet", which is very nice, but not that helpful.
    Weigh in day is friday right?? am on nights then but will try to post in the morning.
    :-)
    :j Good things come to those who coupon. :j

GC August £122.75/150 September 188.76/200 October £97.40/ £120 November £90.20/£100
    December £136.20/£180 January £98.50/£120
    February £91.50/ £100
    March £97.50/£100
    May £129.20/ £130
    June £135/£150
    July £40/£100
  • The_Dragon
    The_Dragon Posts: 9,749 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks, think I will fit in well here, and it's nice to have others to chat to about diet related stuff, as OH just rolls eyes and says "you don't need to diet", which is very nice, but not that helpful.
    Weigh in day is friday right?? am on nights then but will try to post in the morning.
    :-)

The challenge weigh in is Friday/Saturday so weigh in then if you want (oh and if you want to join the challenge I really need to know how much you hope to lose in the next 5 weeks!) :j
    Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy and good with catsup :D
    NSD 15/20, OS WL 21-6 (4) :(C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z #44 Twisted Firestarter, VSP #57 - £39.43
    :p Every Penny's a Prisoner :p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport