PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 8. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.

Options

Comments

• Mrs_Veg_Plot
    Options
    Sorry folks had a busy weekend and did not post. +1lb for me. I really am not getting into the swing of this am I. Never mind, I will try to get into the right mindset this week. Unfortunately I have always been a comfort eater and with OH being out of work i am constantly worried. Will try to keep myself busy and my hands full so that I do not graze in between meals.
    I am playing all of the right notes just not necessarily in the right order :D.
  • The_Dragon
    The_Dragon Posts: 9,749 Forumite
    Options
    There are some positives in there Mrs TM (oh and I also have a nut allergy - not good is it!), I hope the appointment comes through soon and is helpful (mine was NOT, we ended up complaining about him to the local NHS trust as he didn't listen and made out I was an alcoholic :mad: - he insisted I ate Almonds as a snack and wouldn't listen to me OR Dr Dragon, in fact he told Dr Dragon that Dr Dragon had no idea about chemical reactions etc - Dr Dragon is a Chemical Engineer for F's sake! :o)
    Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy and good with catsup :D
    NSD 15/20, OS WL 21-6 (4) :(C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z #44 Twisted Firestarter, VSP #57 - £39.43
    :p Every Penny's a Prisoner :p
  • MaddyWaddy
    Options
    Sorry I have been busy again ....

Please put me down for a 2.5 loss this week Dragon :j

Finally seemed to have my head in gear!!
    SW member: 09/01/2014
    Weight lost to date: 10lb
    Easter Challenge: 0/14lb
  • sparrer
    sparrer Posts: 7,547 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Late signing in today as we've (DD, DGD and her friend) have been out and about.

B - WW wm roll with ff yogurt & marmalade
    D - roast beef, tatties, parsnip, cauli cheese, mashed swede. Profiteroles
    Only bits of fruit for tea/supper, grapes, plums, satsuma, melon
    Have only drunk water today, I usually have EG tea but will limit myself to a cup in the morning and another in the evening as I think 8/9 cups a day is a bit too much!

Mrs TM I echo what The Dragon has said. You did absolutely the right thing going to the GP, I'm pleased for you that he sounds helpful and hope the appt comes through sooner rather than later. Hang in there, keep going back and good luck :)
  • officeguru
    Options
    Hi All

Sorry it is such a late post but today has been a bad day for me.. One of the cats I am looking after went to the vets for a routine jag and hasn't come home again.. They are keeping it in for tests.. so I am pretty worried about her.. Keep you fingers crossed... I then had about 20 calls from solar panels, loft insulation and you have a problem with your computer ars*hol*s which I wasn't in the mood for.. :(

I then phoned the travel agents to check on flights that I have paid for for my beloved and son and they said they didn't have a record of the booking... :eek: After hanging on the line for ages, they finally came back to me and told me I did have a booking and nothing to worry about !!! :)

Anyway, after all that and some other hiccups, I realised that I hadn't eaten all day... That in its own is amazing because usually when I get seriously stressed, I always turn to food and yet this time, I didn't so I ended up being quite pleased with myself.. :j:j:j

I would also like to say ... Well done to everyone.. Another fantastic loss this week for us all... That's a massive amount of weight for us to have lost.. and also thanks to everyone who's posts keep me on the straight and narrow... :beer:

Also I hope Mrs T that everything goes ok with you... :)

Well, what did I make for today....

Yesterday, I had rubbed a rolled leg of pork with some oil and rosemary and then tied it up in front of the fire and watched it rotate for about 3 hours.. It was basted as it cooked and the aroma was going round my heart.. Anyway, I cut it down and put it in the kitchen and left it to cool overnight..

This morning, I cut it in half longways and popped half back into the freezer.. The joint wasn't totally cooked so it won't overcook when I use it for a meal.. So tonight, I put a little oil in a big frying pan and chopped up some mushrooms and fried them for a few mins and then added sliced pork... I then melted some low fat philly through it and added a little milk to thin it down a bit.. I had also some blue cheese left so I put that in it as well... I only needed to heat it all through once the mushrooms were cooked and the gentle heat finished off the pork as well... I served this with mashed potato and some green veggies for the better half.

And that's about it, folks... Tomorrow I am hoping that I'll be able to work a few hours in the garden... and I'll most likely have chicken tomorrow night.. :A

Take care
  • ellie99
    ellie99 Posts: 1,551 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I'm getting so frustrated with how long this will take!
    Honestly, in the last week I've had one meal which wasn't planned for weight loss (a half portion of fish and chips and a bit of cake on Sunday night :o oops ) and my weight hasn't shifted at all.
    I'm trying to slowly get out walking again...I was out for about 40 minutes this afternoon, getting slower and slower, and sorer and sorer as I went along. Now I'm home and I know I'll be good for nothing for the rest of the day, my back is just so painful. I WANT to exercise, I really do.
    Sorry for moaning, I know there's people struggling with worse illnesses and disabilities than mine. I'm minutes away from eating everything in sight...I shall resist...I shall resist...

If you could live one day of your life over again, which day would you choose?
  • WelshWoofer
    WelshWoofer Posts: 5,076 Forumite
    Options
    officeguru wrote: »
    Hi All

Sorry it is such a late post but today has been a bad day for me.. One of the cats I am looking after went to the vets for a routine jag and hasn't come home again.. They are keeping it in for tests.. so I am pretty worried about her.. Keep you fingers crossed...

I really hope your cat is OK - I get worried to death when my dog is poorly. Fingers crossed for you.
    ellie99 wrote: »
    I'm getting so frustrated with how long this will take!
    Honestly, in the last week I've had one meal which wasn't planned for weight loss (a half portion of fish and chips and a bit of cake on Sunday night :o oops ) and my weight hasn't shifted at all.
    I'm trying to slowly get out walking again...I was out for about 40 minutes this afternoon, getting slower and slower, and sorer and sorer as I went along. Now I'm home and I know I'll be good for nothing for the rest of the day, my back is just so painful. I WANT to exercise, I really do.
    Sorry for moaning, I know there's people struggling with worse illnesses and disabilities than mine. I'm minutes away from eating everything in sight...I shall resist...I shall resist...

Ellie - good for you for getting out there and having a go!:T:T:T Could you do the walking in two sessions instead? Would this help with the pain with a rest in between? May be 20 mins in the morning and 20 mins in the afternoon? The cals burned would be the same as the 40 min walk but it might make it more comfortable for you? Little and often is better than a marathon session anyway - keeps you more flexible and active.
    Just a thought - tell me to shut if I'm talking rubbish:)

Been for a good trot out with the dog - about 90 mins in the lovely sunshine. Food has been ok today so far apart from a donut that snuck into my gob this morning at school:o Hopefully the cals have been negated by the activity.

Just off to make some tea - thinking a crustless quiche and salad with maybe a small jacket spud to go with it.
  • ellie99
    ellie99 Posts: 1,551 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 19 February 2013 at 6:42PM
    Options
    Welshwoofer, I wouldn't think of telling you to shut up :)
    Now see, you're doing exactly what I want to do - a 90 minute trot in the sunshine! I used to be able to do between 3 to 4 miles every day, and usually hit my 10000 steps target, which is why I get so frustrated now I can hardly walk at all.
    I'm going to give your idea a go, very short walks more often. The reason I was out 40 minutes was because it's 15 slow minutes to the supermarket, 10 minutes browsing in the shop, then 15 home, it made me feel like I was doing something rather than just walking. I have a walking partner, but she's no health problems and is much fitter, and she's impatiently waiting for me to catch up with her!

oh btw, my sensible head told me I'd be even more annoyed with myself if I ate everything in sight...I compromised with a low fat yoghurt.

If you could live one day of your life over again, which day would you choose?
  • northwest1965
    Options
    Have any of you girls been hearing about this? I saw it on the front page of the I newspaper this morning
    http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/health/fat-chance-of-slimming-dieters-who-eat-highfibre-foods-consume-more-calories-scientists-say-29081258.html
    Loved our trip to the West Coast USA. Death Valley is the place to go!
  • WelshWoofer
    WelshWoofer Posts: 5,076 Forumite
    Options
    Have any of you girls been hearing about this? I saw it on the front page of the I newspaper this morning
    http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/health/fat-chance-of-slimming-dieters-who-eat-highfibre-foods-consume-more-calories-scientists-say-29081258.html

I heard a radio interview this afternoon about this and a top doctor from St George's hospital said the difference was neglible over the course of time. It was all to do with the bacteria in the gut fermenting fibre and "accessing" a few more cals than previously thought.

The report actually says "It means that if people follow the daily recommended intake of 18 grams of fibre, they could be consuming more than 250 extra calories each week without realising it" - in the grand scheme of things that's about 35 cals a day more than you thought you were eating - hardly anything really.

I think its a case of the media picking up on something they don't understand really and scaremongering to the desperate dieters! (PS I have a PhD in biochemistry and am not in the slightest bit bothered by the report - don't panic ladies, its a big fuss about nothing!).:)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure