PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 8. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.

Options

Comments

• savesummore
    savesummore Posts: 1,132 Forumite
    Options
    HI everyone :grouphug: to all that need them

Im not weighing in this week due to eating out last night, totm and I just cant take another STS or gain :eek:. I will weigh in next week

Off work today and its not been great foodwise again :o

B: 2 wholemeal HM taost with butter, 1/2 tin of beans
    L: hot dog whilst out
    S: a small elcair :eek: a small bowl of museli
    T: will be a salad mix up type of thing- salad, some tikka chicken, some ham, beetroot salad and maybe small piece of cheese plus small amount of stick bread

I have been painting fence panel today- Heavens it is HARD work, will also go swimming shortly so hope this will balance the eating

Keep up the good work everyone and try not to get too down about gaining as its the bigger picture that matters :)
    O/S weight loss 2.5 /10lbs (11st 8.0- 08.02)
  • DaisyDayDream
    Options
    Its a 2lb loss for me.:j

Havn't been on much this week, so going back to have a read and will re post later.

D
    Success is a journey, not a destination
  • slowlyfading
    slowlyfading Posts: 13,429 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 28 July 2012 at 4:08PM
    Options
    Old Style Weight Loss Autumn Challenge

The Dragon - 5lbs
    Ragz - 3/10lbs :):):)
    Daisydaydream - 4/11lbs :):):):)
    Aldahbra - 7/22lbs :):):):):):):)
    Sparrer - 7lbs
    Watermelon - 6/14lbs :):):):):):)
    Need2bthrifty - 5lbs
    Savesummore - 7lbs
    Sonastin - 4kg
    EllaRose - 12lbs
    MsManx - 12lbs
    Rosewood - 2/11lbs :):)
    Skintyetagain - 3/11lbs :):):)
    Welshwoofer - 2/10lbs :):)
    Molly41 - 11lbs
    MrsCD - 1/7lbs :)
    Seanymph - 14lbs
    JBD - 8lbs
    Vixtress - 4/11lbs :):):):)
    Lavenderbees - 2/7lbs :):)
    Minicooper272 - -1/14lbs
    Slowlyfading - 2/15lbs :):)
    Just Marsha - 14lbs
    Angelsmomma - 8lbs
    Amyloofoo - 1/8lbs :)
    Sock-knitter - 7lbs
    Nimbo - 2/14lbs :):)
    DundeeDoll - 1/7lbs :)
    WantToBeSE - 6lbs
    Sirens - 14lbs
    financially_gaga - 3/7lbs :):):)

9 weeks to go!
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    Personal Finance Blogger + YouTuber / In pursuit of FIRE
  • Aldahbra
    Aldahbra Posts: 317 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello everyone.

I weighed in with a 5lb weight loss. I didn't know if I should report it here as it is due to the fact that I can't eat anything at all, rather than dieting old style. But I did start this challenge before I got ill, so I decided to report it anyway as I want to keep track of my weight as well.
    "Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence."
    ~ Napoleon Bonaparte
    Weight loss challenge:j: week 1 :(
    target 8lbs in 4 weeks
    Grocery Challenge June: £100/£500
    left to spend £400
    Declutter June: 0/100
    NSD 6 June/6 July: 0/2
  • EllaRose
    EllaRose Posts: 127 Forumite
    Options
    Aldahbra wrote: »
    Hello everyone.

I weighed in with a 5lb weight loss. I didn't know if I should report it here as it is due to the fact that I can't eat anything at all, rather than dieting old style. But I did start this challenge before I got ill, so I decided to report it anyway as I want to keep track of my weight as well.

That's still pretty damn exciting even so! Well done!! :j Hope you get better soon:(

You'll just have to take it easy when you do feel better (not sure if you do now) so it doesn't go back on. I got dysentery once in South America, I lost 10lbs in 1 week, and after I got better, I put it back on in 2 days!
    :)
  • DaisyDayDream
    Options
    Hello Everyone

Gosh, have finally caught up, there's been lots of busy bees this week.
    Welshwoofer- wow a holiday on your own, with lots of books to read, sounds fab. Good Luck with your 5K training.
    Sparrer- Happy Belated Birthday
    Skintyetagain & Aldahbra- Hope you are both feeling better soon.

Well done to all the losers this week:T and:grouphug:to those who have gained or STS.

I've done very little exercise this week, so must start that again tomorrow, been very hot and humid here this week (with the grey sky's) and have been very unmotivated what with the weather and night shifts.

I'm not telling anyone I'm trying to lose weight (my hubbie knows obviously) as too many people have brought me 'treats' in the past when i've tried, hence the breakfast out.

Today
    B: met friends out, so had a small portion of cooked breakfast.
    L: lf yoghurt, apple, banana
    D: hm pizza & salad, strawberries
    E: monthly food shop and lots of housework

Hope everyone has a fab weekend

D
    Success is a journey, not a destination
  • minicooper272
    minicooper272 Posts: 2,131 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

minicooper - do you want me to put you at -1lb? or just leave you at 0? Minus seems a bit harsh :(

Put me down as a -1, I'm not intending to have it there for long!!

Welshwoofer, you are doing fantastic! Well done on the losses!

Not a bad day today:
    B: cereal with LF yoghurt
    L: Cream cheese & Ham salad sandwich, small handful of nuts, satsuma, 1/2 a banana
    D: LO LF sausage pasta with pesto
    E: 70mins at the gym, cycling, treadmill, and some toning

I will have another handful of nuts with the opening ceremony tonight but that's it snack wise today.
  • WelshWoofer
    WelshWoofer Posts: 5,076 Forumite
    Options
    Did a 3 hour walk with a 30 min drink break in the middle today with my dog and a work friend. It wasn't particularly fast but it was a good few hours so I guess that will burn some cals (plenty according to myfitnesspal :)).

Had a good tea and am now having my treat for weigh in day - a small packet of Tutti Frooties - just 165 cals for the bag. After swimming and all that walking I've decided I deserve them.;)

Just recalculated my BMI and I'm now within the Healthy range:j

Just 2 and a bit weeks until the hols - is 4 lbs too much to ask???
  • Rose_Wood
    Rose_Wood Posts: 867 Forumite
    Options
    Evening All

I've just got back from an evening walk and am debating whether to go to bed with a book or watch the Olympic Ceremony. DH is away overnight and I don't tend to watch the television when he is not here but feel I might be missing out on something special.

B: 2 boiled eggs with small piece of toast and butter.
    L: (Pack up for work) Ham rolled round garlic cream cheese and cut into bite size pieces with carrot sticks, cucumber batons and cherry tomatoes. HM chocolate mousse
    D: Prawns and mushrooms in a creamy garlic sauce over courgette 'noodles'. Piece of melon.
    Snack: Small bar of dark chocolate.

Exercise: 1 hour stability ball class. 6 mile walk just now and about 2.5 miles of walking earlier to work, exercise class etc.

Rose
    Weight Loss Challenge 5/7/19 10st 6lbs
    Target 8st 12lbs

Daily Steps Challenge 16,000
    Average daily steps: January 19,317, February 19,449, March 20,330, April 22,026, May 20,412 June 15,690
  • nimbo
    nimbo Posts: 3,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all -

Not been reading too much this week, but I have weighed in, and
    -2 lbs!!!!!

I'm pleased to be honest I've ditched taxis to go anywhere unless I'm coming home from the supermarket with masses of stuff, and been living on salad, and no chocolate.

Stashbuster - 2014 98/100 - 2015 175/200 - 2016 501 / 500 2017 - 200 / 500 2018 3 / 500
    :T:T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport