PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 8. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.

Options

Comments

• slowlyfading
    slowlyfading Posts: 13,429 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    bev97 wrote: »
    Hi slowlyfading
    Just wanted to say that I read your Dr Seuss quote in your signature and it struck a chord with how I am feeling at the moment -just came at the right time.:) So thanks, I will make a note of it -might even stick it to my fridge:T:T
    Glad to be of some help :)
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    Personal Finance Blogger + YouTuber / In pursuit of FIRE
  • dragonlily
    Options
    Scouserwench, thanks for the tip about my Fitness Pal I have just signed up and got the iPhone app.

Seems to have been a technology kinda day for me as we have gone out and splashed out on a Nintendo Wii with Wii Fit Plus. We had a right laugh setting it up and making the Mii figures! It says I am am obese :eek:

Did 22 mins only as it was getting late and it says I burned 122 Kcal, it didn't feel like so much but I think every little helps and I am going to use it alongside starting couch to 5km yet again! I really hope I can make it to the very end this time.

Food wise has been kinda average today which I expected as had family over for tea.

Plus points:
    - No wine
    - No chocolates, biscuits, crisps etc
    - 22 mins on the Wii Fit
    - Nearly had my 5 a day (clementines, salad stuff (spinach, red onion, tomato), leeks, peppers

Negatives:
    - Skipped breakfast = not good
    - Had HM coconut flake cake and ice cream after tea (small portion though)

So for the first day and the fact that it is always a bit like going cold turkey when you first start I am quite pleased. I always go completely over the top and stop eating when I try and lose weight and it is not happening this time. No pressure just lots of small changes. :T

x
  • sharonr
    sharonr Posts: 311 Forumite
    Options
    Hi. I have read this post with interest and would like to join in please and my target will be 8lbs.

I need to lose weight, I have had a back problem combined with SPD during pregnancy. My back goes and locks up quite regularly which puts me out of action for 4-5 days at a time which means I can't really excercise. Anyhoo, I'm being made redundant on Friday 13th, so on the downside I need to save money on food and on the upside will have more time to walk, so hoping I can build up the distance gradually and get back to "normal".

This is a great thread, because I want to cook the same thing for the whole family, my eldest is
    nearly 6 and is overweight, so I need her to join in.

I will weigh myself in the morning and post it, I think it will be around 11st 12lbs :(
  • nat21luv
    nat21luv Posts: 3,434 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    This thread is fab! Can I join pretty please? Im at a rather plump 19st 5lbs, 5'10 and size 18 clothes. Im aiming to lose 100lbs this year and I've already managed 10lbs. Think its mainly been water as my legs are starting to resemble legs! This time last year I was 5stone lighter, I had a turbulant relationship with my now ex and instead of talking, I eat. And eat. And eat. I was supposed to run the London Marathon last year but on the day I couldnt do it, I was so self concious and couldnt even walk a mile, let alone run 26.5! I havent been able to run yet, I get terrible knee pains which is worrying for a 25yr old. I've been walking a lot with my LO and now my son is back to school on Weds I will walk him there and then collect him if its not raining. This is usually a round trip of 6000steps(and 2 whopping hills!). I feel like a bad mummy because of my weight, sometimes it prevents me mentally from stepping out the front door. During the summer I struggled to put the washing on the line in case someone saw me! Anyway, new year, new me so put me down for 24lbs. :D
    £20k in 2023 = £2718 £2023 in 2023 = £196.41 Grocery challenge £250= £195.80 **MONEY MAKES ME HAPPY**
  • soupdragon10
    Options
    Today went well, dinner was a spiced veg dish with brown rice - plenty of beans and veg. and only used a teaspoon of oil to brown onion and garlic and cook off spices.

Also managed 30 minutes on the Wii over 2 sessions with breaks - will try to fit this is at least 3 times a week. Will also look into swimming for future when I am not so self conscious about donning a swimsuit.
  • financially_gaga
    Options
    vixtress wrote: »
    good morning all :D
    am back on the wagon after about 6 weeks of it all having gone to pot :o think i have put about 6lb on in that time, added to the other few lb i had put on over the year that gives me a stone to lose.

hi all!

I couldn't have said it better myself vixtress. Ragz et al, am sorry for running off and abandoning you on the xmas challenge, i was very ashamed of the failure :o

However, onward and downwards i hope!

Planning to weigh in tom pm (after a good day lol) so will post weight and target.
  • tink1981_2
    Options
    Please could you put me down for 14lb loss. I'd really like to try and loose 3 stone this year and do a 10k next december. I've got a couple of classes left with my Rosemary Conelly membership so will try and make the most of them and then try and get to grips with MFP.

Will do weigh in at end of the week :)

tink x
    :j

Sealed Pot Challenge #1505

'you wouldn't worry about what people think, if you realised how seldom they do'
  • nat21luv
    nat21luv Posts: 3,434 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Just managed 50mins on the bike watching Vicar of Dibley, was laughing so hard I forgot I was exercising! Im going to keep it in the dining room now instead of wheeling it back into the utility room, its easily forgotten about in there... :D

I'd love to know though, how do you keep track of cals when cooking from scratch? This is something I've always had trouble with when cooking and dieting.
    £20k in 2023 = £2718 £2023 in 2023 = £196.41 Grocery challenge £250= £195.80 **MONEY MAKES ME HAPPY**
  • LittleMoog
    LittleMoog Posts: 2,392 Forumite
    Options
    nat21luv wrote: »
    I'd love to know though, how do you keep track of cals when cooking from scratch? This is something I've always had trouble with when cooking and dieting.

I use myfitnesspal for this - they have a huge database of foods, both branded and generic ingredients. You can enter and save recipes and meals you use often to make it easier. Eg i've saved all the components of chicken fajitas as we eat them fairly often! Also my standard work lunch and breakfast, so i can log them in about 4 clicks.
    Little monkey born November 2012:j
    Froglet due March 2016 :D
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    Options
    I have good news!

Remember I was mortified to find I weighed 13 stone and set myself a mini challenge to loose 1lb and get out of the 13stones mark? I have lost 1lb

So beginning my challenge on a positive frame of mind, although I'm surprised I had lost really because yesterday was not a good day calorie wise, even though it was all balance healthy stuff.

Please can I add this 1lb to my tally ragz? I know it's not part of the challenge for me but every pound gone is progress and want to document it :)

Really pleased. :j

Had cup of tea, milk no sugar and now off to have strawbs and blueberries with low fat yoghurt and drizzle honey for breakfast.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure