PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 8. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.

Options

Comments

• jjef
    jjef Posts: 1,750 Forumite
    Options
    Can I join in to. I would like to loose 21lbs by Easter I have double this to loose this year hopefully.
    I aim to meal plan better, stop snacking (esp during the day at school) and to cut out alcohol. Exercise wise fitness dvd 3 times a week and wii workout on the other days.
    I will post a starting weight later in the week when i have been brave enough to face the scales!!
  • Rose_Wood
    Rose_Wood Posts: 867 Forumite
    Options
    Afternoon All,

I had my weigh in and am pleased to report that I can start the New Year off at 8st 13lbs. I didn't quite manage to get down to the 8st 12lb I was hoping for but I am really pleased to be starting the New Year under 9st. I would like to join in with the next challenge and aim to lose 7lb which would bring me down to my ideal weight of 8st 6lb. As I am only 5ft tall that would give me a BMI of 23 which at age 53 sounds about sensible for me.

B: Bran flakes with sultanas and skimmed milk (but with a dash of double cream as a celebration too).
    L: Poached egg on half a toasted teacake. Greek yoghurt with the last of the HM lemon curd stirred in.
    D: Stew and dumplings (just one dumpling for me)

Treats: So far one coffee cream with my milky coffee.

Exercise: I was supposed to be going for a 6K run this morning but my friend rang up and said she had a cold so we just had a walk instead - 5 miles.

Rose
    Weight Loss Challenge 5/7/19 10st 6lbs
    Target 8st 12lbs

Daily Steps Challenge 16,000
    Average daily steps: January 19,317, February 19,449, March 20,330, April 22,026, May 20,412 June 15,690
  • Kimsmum
    Kimsmum Posts: 221 Forumite
    Options
    Today is the start for me.

B. Small bowl of porridge with half a mandrin
    L. Small bowl of HM soup
    D. chicken with vegs

Snacks, half mandrin,apple,few sultanas.

I am going to be drinking herbal tea as I got a selection of teas as a gift for xmas.
    Taking it one day at a time
  • LavenderBees
    LavenderBees Posts: 1,718 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 1 January 2012 at 7:02PM
    Options
    Hi, All

I'm here from the Toughie thread too...Ragz has been on a very successful recruiting drive. :rotfl:Thank you, Ragz, I need this!!

Ok, as I already do all my cooking from scratch, and eat/love fruit/veges, my resolutions with regard to weight loss are -

1. Eat MUCH smaller portions
    2. Buy/Eat no chocolate until Easter. If I don't buy it, I can't eat it.
    3. Eat MUCH smaller portions
    4. Buy/Drink no alcohol until Easter. If I don't buy it, I can't eat it.
    5. Eat MUCH smaller portions
    6. Walk for approx 30 mins as many lunch times as I can at work from Tues onwards (weather dependant, but has the benefit of getting me away from work, too!)
    7. Eat MUCH smaller portions
    8. Each weekend, do at least one 8 mile walk from my backdoor
    9. Eat MUCH smaller portions
    10. DO SOMETHING about the boredom that drives me to eat - unsure what yet....hmmmm
    11. Eat MUCH smaller portions
    12. As the evenings get lighter (prob not until April onwards), go for walks every evening after work.
    13 Eat MUCH smaller portions
    14. Remove emphasis from food...I wake up thinking about it and go to bed thinking about it :mad:
    15. And I think...maybe....eating MUCH smaller portions, might just about do it :rotfl:

I weighed myself the other day and am 11st 8lbs. My ideal weight is around 10st, so around 22lbs to lose.

I'll be starting this tomorrow, and will do an official weigh in on Friday if that's ok.

Many thanks in anticipation of your support on this. Am well fed up with myself, and it would be lovely to be able to dig out my pretty skirts and tops and feel confident wearing them in early summer.

Good luck to us all :T
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    Options
    LavenderBees, you're my tonic, you do make me laugh!

I too need to eat much smaller portions.

I ate two (four slices of bread) chicken sandwiches for lunch. I so didn't need the second one but I ate it, albeit without the crusts. That would be eating calories that were not too enjoyable. Roasting some veg and steaming the rest for dinner. I'm only going to eat one sausage in onion gravy because I want to try my pudding. No roast potatoes for me tonight either.
  • bev97
    bev97 Posts: 293 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone (Happy new year!)
    Can I join too please.
    I weighed myseof this morning and had a bit of a shock so I would like to ideally lose 14lbs but I now that my biggest problem is sugar so I don't know whether to cut it out all at once or gradually reduce it.
    I am not buying crisps, chocolate, biscuits etc even for the rest of the family because if it is in the house I will eat it.:o

Anyway this thread looks ace!
  • eveie189
    eveie189 Posts: 301 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I had a bit of a go at the last challenge but wasn't that motivated so ended up dropping off the list. Feeling super motivated now though and ready to get the last 3 stone off once and for all. Could I please be put down for 14lb? i have already started but will weigh in for first time officially on Friday.

Thanks

eveie
    April GC 9th-7th may £0/£320
  • bupster
    bupster Posts: 259 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Can I sign up please for 20 lbs? I'm pretty sure I can do this! Just an extra challenge doing it on no money :)
    Grocery challenge September 2022: £230.04/£200
    Grocery challenge October 2022: 0/£200

2012 numbers:
    Grocery challenge - April £65.28/£80
    Entertainment - £79

Grocery challenge March £106.55/£100
    Grocery challenge February £90.11/£100
    Grocery challenge January £84.65/£300
  • arrowlili
    Options
    i'd love to do this challenge! i would like to lose 2st 7lbs by the end of the year, to put me at a healthy bmi, but i can't do another faddy diet, they just don't work in the long run and make all around me miserable whilst i'm doing them. i think i need to take a slower, steadier pace and make healthy changes i can stick to, for life!
    i'll go for 9lbs, if i aim for that every 3 months i should hopefully achieve my target... i hope!
    NDS Feb 2012 - 17/17
    Feb 2012 GC - £97.63/£380
    SPC # 1584 & Frugal Living Challenge 2012
    £2012 in 2012 £120/£2012
    £365 in 365 days 2012 - £56/£365
  • soupdragon10
    Options
    Could I join in please? I had a health check just before Christmas which showed a raised cholesterol reading (not dangerous just higher than before). Also high BMI. Had already thought about eating a healthier diet this year, and OH and DD also need to lose weight and are behind a family push.

Weigh day is tomorrow, as we have a Wii we will use this to monitor our stats, weekly on a Sunday.

My aim would be to lose 14lb by Easter, as I'm post menopausal I think this is reasonable.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure