Dolphin1 Posts: 855 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Yesterday's update...

1) None eaten.
    2) Light off at 11.15pm.
    3) Meal plan for the week already done.
    4) Unplanned spend of £20.
    5) Not done. (I think you are right Mrs HappyNow, I need to do this earlier in the day).
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,090 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    1. Lights out by 11.30pm five nights a week. Fail. What with one thing and another by the time I get into my pit I'm in need of a bit of winding down to be able to get to sleep, so I play a few games of the new-to-me game and the next thing I know it's pushing 1.00am. The only way I can look at this positively is to realise that I have a month to sort out this bad habit.
    2. Maximum of five mugs of real coffee a week. Success! Two instants yesterday (or was it three?) and one today and I have to go out now. I might reward myself with one when I come back, but either way, it's progress.
    3. Five fruit and veg a day. Success, although OH was very surprised to have five F&V in one meal. It worked, though. Sundrieds were included.
    4. Get Kelpie to come to call reliably by the end of the month. He's super responsive but feeling very sorry for himself. No training done..
    5. Give myself a couple of hours every day when I don't feel guilty about not doing more. Success - see 1 above, again.
    Better is good enough.
  • HappyNow
    HappyNow Posts: 1,558 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi HappyNow
    Cellulitis is very painful I understand, especially when hit around the head in the middle of the night for moaning and groaning!
    :rotfl::rotfl:Absolutely! And then there's all that breathlessness when he gets suffocated by his own pillow :D

Thanks for dropping by IWBF. I see you have started a diary yourself so I will have a nosey round there if that's OK :)
    LBM Dec 2011. Aimed, but failed, to clear all unsecured debt by Feb 2019. Finally free of unsecured debt 21st May 21!

Debt Dec 11: Unsecured £69,579 + Mortgage £59,948 = £129,527
    Debt May 21: Unsecured ZERO! ZILCH! Mortgage £22,332
  • HappyNow
    Options
    Honey_Bear wrote: »
    Isn't it heartening how many people are stopping by and being so encouraging. It fair warms the cockles of one's heart.
    Yes it does :)
    Honey_Bear wrote: »
    1. Lights out by 11.30pm five nights a week. Fail. What with one thing and another by the time I get into my pit I'm in need of a bit of winding down to be able to get to sleep, so I play a few games of the new-to-me game and the next thing I know it's pushing 1.00am. The only way I can look at this positively is to realise that I have a month to sort out this bad habit. That's the good thing about Candy Crush. It times you out after a few games so you can't get carried away. Well you can BUY extra lives, but I'm WAAAAAYY too tight to do that. I've given CC up now in favour of Words With Friends, which comes to an end when playmates go to bed. And as I only play with my mum/daughter/sister who are all early-bedders, it's very hard to pull an all-nighter!
    2. Maximum of five mugs of real coffee a week. Success! Two instants yesterday (or was it three?) and one today and I have to go out now. I might reward myself with one when I come back, but either way, it's progress. I'm still on my one-a-day but I do so look forward to it :)
    3. Five fruit and veg a day. Success, although OH was very surprised to have five F&V in one meal. It worked, though. Sundrieds were included. I do love them, just wish they were cheaper
    4. Get Kelpie to come to call reliably by the end of the month. He's super responsive but feeling very sorry for himself. No training done.. I find recall really hard to train. Mine is perfect at home or in a quiet area. Then out into the real world with a few doggy distractions and she completely forgets the meaning of 'come'. And that's if she hears me at all above the blood pumping round her ears!
    5. Give myself a couple of hours every day when I don't feel guilty about not doing more. Success - see 1 above, again. Yay!
    LBM Dec 2011. Aimed, but failed, to clear all unsecured debt by Feb 2019. Finally free of unsecured debt 21st May 21!

• HappyNow
    Options
    Dolphin1 wrote: »
    Yesterday's update...

1) None eaten.
    2) Light off at 11.15pm.
    4) Unplanned spend of £20. Ahem. Care to expand?!
    5) Not done. (I think you are right Mrs HappyNow, I need to do this earlier in the day).
    Two fails out of five Dolphin! I don't know what to say.....
    ***Happy blushes at the thought of confessing her own fails and shuffles off sideways***

• HappyNow
    Options
    So, yesterday.

Money No spends yesterday, but I will need to buy a few bits today. When I say a few bits, I mean wine and chocolate :o.
    Diet I managed three portions of F & V. I nearly bought a bar of chocolate but I found the willpower to resist. Well that and I'd left home without my purse!
    Water Two glasses :o.
    Sleep Stayed up late watching rubbish on TV then woke up a few times during the night, although I managed not to get up. Mr Happy has toned down the groans a bit now and they're more winces, but I'm thinking about sleeping in the spare room for a few nights until he's better.
    Fun No particular fun things done, but on the other hand nothing unpleasant happened either, so fun-neutral!

• joeyjimbles
    joeyjimbles Posts: 2,219 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi all, thanks for kind comments, feel that I am properly on the mend now though still no nearer to knowing what it was I'd got - some kind of summery flu bug that I had no time for.
    Have run round a bit too much today to get ready for going away, house ready for MIL coming whilst I'm away and having a house-full of teenagers tonight - the latter rather negating the middle item somewhat.
    Am currently enjoying large glass of pink wine that I can actually taste having gone into the kitchen to find said teenagers did all the washing up from the feast I made them, and the same in the dining room. Marvellous lot. Now if I can only stay awake late enough to ensure that girls and boys depart to their separate rooms at a not too indecent hour then all will be well. Having a house on several floors and no carpets on a Victorian staircase is very useful I find :rotfl:
    NF 05.24 £18.00/£00.00 £72.00/£72.00
    LD 11.24 £500.00/£460.00 (92%)    Fn £400                                                     
    Renewal 24 £400.00/£404.00      Renewal 25 £450.00/£085.00 (18%)    
    Avch 08.24 £100.00/£025.00       NPt 12.24 £250.00/£086.00
    FD £3600.00/£1200.00                 X24 £1500.00/£0750.00

• Dolphin1
    Options
    HappyNow wrote: »
    4) Unplanned spend of £20. Ahem. Care to expand?!

Damn, thought I would get away with that one :). Two of my nephews have gone on holiday and I gave them £10 each for spending money :o.
  • Dolphin1
    Options
    Yesterday's update...

1) I had another raspberry eton mess dessert from m&$. I also had cheese on toast for tea and used butter.
    2) Light off at 11.00pm.
    4) No spends on other people.
    5) Not done (again).
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,090 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 9 July 2015 at 2:53PM
    Options
    1. Lights out by 11.30pm five nights a week. Fail again.
    2. Maximum of five mugs of real coffee a week. Success!
    3. Five fruit and veg a day. Success.
    4. Get Kelpie to come to call reliably by the end of the month. Another pile of £££s decluttered at the vet's to deal with his reaction to the general anaesthetic which has also involved a lot of nappy sax, microfibre cloths, carpet shampoo, antibiotics, an anti-nausea jab, prescription diet food and plenty, plenty walklets. Thank goodness for insurance, and I have to say I was very, very surprised that they paid out on his dental treatment because everyone told me that wouldn't be covered. Turns out it was, and this latest episode, an exisional biopsy, should be covered too. I almost feel sorry for an insurance company - a first. So, he's still in no condition to be trained to do anything.
    5. Give myself a couple of hours every day when I don't feel guilty about not doing more. Success - see 1 above.
    Now that summer fruit is all over the place I should be able to manage five a day without resorting to the sundrieds. We really only allow ourselves to have them to zazz up cotton-wooly tomatoes in the winter as a side salad to go with pizza, and there just happened to be some left over in the fridge. They are so expensive that if I resort to digging into them to rachet up my F&V count, it can be taken as read I'm not getting fresh, frozen or tinned proper F&V. Bad me.

I'm glad it's not just me with the dog Recall thing. He follows me everywhere in the house, does what he's told pretty much every time, and is generally a very good dog. Take him up on to the Hoe and he's everywhere, looking at anything that moves, pee-ing on everything that doesn't and if he weren't on a lead or a long line I'd never see him again. Plus, he's definitely got a lot of collie in him - he was chasing cars in the car park at the chalets until I realised he is unable to resist the temptation to do so. Very shouty; instant result - he dropped like a gundog. Quite extra-ordinary. The only time he's ever responded like that but I was very, very angry so that means something to him.

The great thing about having these goals over a whole month is that although I know in a perfect world I should be doing all of these things all of the time, I'm not and I never have. I'm giving myself the whole month to get my A into G on all of them because I'm going to need the whole month except for the coffee thing, surprisingly. I've stopped drinking the real completely, an addiction I never thought I'd crack. I bought a couple of bags of decaff real today to try but if I don't like them enough I'll just stick with instant other than on very special occasions. I can't go back to what I was doing.

Long post. Soz.
    Better is good enough.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport