Keeping up appearances.......

Options

Comments

• Dolphin1
    Dolphin1 Posts: 855 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Yesterday's update...

1) I had a strawberry tart. Treats three days in a row is not normal for me. Will have to be strong today!
    2) Light off at 11.30pm.
    3) Meal plan for the week done and shopping will be delivered in the next hour.
    4) No spends on other people.
    5) Face and neck moisturised.
  • Ellsbel
    Ellsbel Posts: 469 Forumite
    Options
    Hi:) mind if I drop in?
    Over the last few days I've read this diary from the beginning and I've found it so inspiring, and the support and camaraderie so warming:)
    Well done, Happynow, on all you've achieved, and what a lovely bunch of readers you have!
    Am subscribing; I may not comment much - I tend to have periods where I stay in my shell and read my fave threads from the sidelines, but I'm rooting for you:)
  • Dolphin1
    Options
    Yesterday's update...

1) None eaten.
    2) Light off at 11.20pm.
    3) Meal plan for the week already done.
    5) Not done.
  • joeyjimbles
    joeyjimbles Posts: 2,219 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello all.
    Sorry to have deserted you all but have been ill - started off as a hayfever and then crept into something else, but seems to be dwindling now, thank goodness. Has meant a lot of sleeping and a lot of vacant staring, and not much else.
    Lovely to hear all your progress, I have no plans made other than to get properly well by Friday so I can thoroughly enjoy London trip with DS1. And then I think I'm going on a diet for a couple of months - not massively overweight but feel stodgy and heavy, and its a good time to do it.
    NF 05.24 £18.00/£00.00 £72.00/£72.00
    LD 11.24 £500.00/£397.50 (79%)    Fn £375                                                     
    Renewal 24 £400.00/£403.00      Renewal 25 £450.00/£074.75 (16%)    
    Avch 08.24 £100.00/£025.00       NPt 12.24 £250.00/£084.00
    FD £3600.00/£1200.00                 X24 £1500.00/£0750.00

• Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,084 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I can't quote your helpful comments regarding caffeine, Dolphin, but you're right and I know you are. I used to drink decaff and then when OH moved in I went on to SuperStrength coffee which is what has to go now. I did okay yesterday and then only had instant today with no headaches, so I'm probably just going to stop drinking it at home completely. There's nothing underlying wrong with my health (thyroid tests etc all okay), just that I never have any energy so I'll see how I feel after a month or three of not spinning out on caffeine every day.

Judicious July
    1. Lights out by 11.30pm five nights a week. Fail. OH was away and I've found a new game I love on the computer. Disaster.
    2. Maximum of five mugs of real coffee a week. Success!
    3. Five fruit and veg a day. Fail, and I'm not really sure hoiking a few sundried tomatoes out of the oil and scoffing them even counts as one.
    4. Get Kelpie to come to call reliably by the end of the month. Nothing doing over the past three days and he's had a lump removed today so he's a bit floppy this evening.
    5. Give myself a couple of hours every day when I don't feel guilty about not doing more. Success - see 1 above.
    How are you settling back in, Happy?
    Better is good enough.
  • HappyNow
    HappyNow Posts: 1,558 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    My long post just disappeared when I pressed Submit. How annoying! The abridged version:
    Honey: Lovely to see you back, and with some fresh new targets too. Sorry you're feeling a bit flat. The five F & V might give you an energy boost - but only if you eat them! We're in peak strawberry and peach season which is a big help in our house :). What about starting the fruit tea again?
    Dolphin My top tip for getting round to moisturising your face is to do it early before the tiredness and cba-ness kicks in. I find that if it isn't done by 7pm it won't happen. The downside is the risk of someone knocking on the door and witnessing that shiny, glow-in-the-dark look!
    Ellsbel Thanks for dropping by and your lovely comments. You are more than welcome to read from the sidelines, but equally feel free to join in with the nattering any time you fancy :)
    Joey Sorry you've been unwell, fingers crossed for a full recovery by Friday :)
    LBM Dec 2011. Aimed, but failed, to clear all unsecured debt by Feb 2019. Finally free of unsecured debt 21st May 21!

Debt Dec 11: Unsecured £69,579 + Mortgage £59,948 = £129,527
    Debt May 21: Unsecured ZERO! ZILCH! Mortgage £22,332
  • HappyNow
    HappyNow Posts: 1,558 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Updates for the last two days:
    • Money: Mr H has been to the doctors and spent £16.40 on prescription charges today. Bizarrely he has managed to get cellulitis in his leg which is very, very painful and will keep him off work for two weeks. I didn't quibble over his antibiotics but questioned whether he really needs £8.20 worth of super-strength painkillers when we already have loads of Tesco 35p ibuprofen and paracetomol in the cupboard. Apparently he does, and I am a monster :D:rotfl:!
    • Diet. Yesterday was brilliant, today was rubbish. I didn't even manage to drag any sundried tomatoes out of their oil.
    • Water. Loads yesterday, one glass today :o
    • Sleep. Cellulitis is very painful and causes one's husband to moan, groan, and cry out every five minutes throughout the entire night! I got about two hours sleep then hit the sofa at 4am.
    • Fun. Not so much!
    LBM Dec 2011. Aimed, but failed, to clear all unsecured debt by Feb 2019. Finally free of unsecured debt 21st May 21!

Debt Dec 11: Unsecured £69,579 + Mortgage £59,948 = £129,527
    Debt May 21: Unsecured ZERO! ZILCH! Mortgage £22,332
  • IWillBeFree
    IWillBeFree Posts: 173 Forumite
    Options
    Hi HappyNow

Hope the husband feels much better soon. Cellulitis is very painful I understand, especially when hit around the head in the middle of the night for moaning and groaning!

Hope the diet, water and fun are on the up tomorrow!
    On 23.6.15 I panicked when I realised I owed £37,311.62
    I will be debt free [STRIKE]by July 2018[/STRIKE] as soon as I can. Current debt £26,473.73
    I am now living within my means - without an overdraft and with a (YNAB) budget
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,084 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    HappyNow wrote: »
    Updates for the last two days:
    • Money: Mr H has been to the doctors and spent £16.40 on prescription charges today. Bizarrely he has managed to get cellulitis in his leg which is very, very painful and will keep him off work for two weeks. I didn't quibble over his antibiotics but questioned whether he really needs £8.20 worth of super-strength painkillers when we already have loads of Tesco 35p ibuprofen and paracetomol in the cupboard. Apparently he does, and I am a monster :D:rotfl:!
    Secret *healing vibes* for Mr H. My OH would have said, 'Where do we keep the painkillers?' and I would have said, 'I keep them here.' An unusual man, your OH, in that he thought to buy them at all!

• Diet. Yesterday was brilliant, today was rubbish. I didn't even manage to drag any sundried tomatoes out of their oil.
    Cripes! You must have eaten a pile of junk if you didn't even open the sundrieds!

• Water. Loads yesterday, one glass today :o
    Not even any in tea and coffee?

• Sleep. Cellulitis is very painful and causes one's husband to moan, groan, and cry out every five minutes throughout the entire night! I got about two hours sleep then hit the sofa at 4am.
    I'm with I Will be Free on that one. Let's hope Mr Happy's expensive drugs kick in so that you don't start kicking him with frustration. Isn't it amazing how quickly one's sympathy evaporates?

• Fun. Not so much!
    No, it doesn't sound like it. I hope things pick up really quickly and if not, it sounds as though chocolate is required.

Isn't it heartening how many people are stopping by and being so encouraging. It fair warms the cockles of one's heart.
    Better is good enough.
  • Dolphin1
    Options
    Yesterday's update...

1) None eaten.
    2) Light off at 10.50pm.
    3) Meal plan for the week already done.
    5) Face and neck moisturised.

:j:j:j