Keeping up appearances.......

Options

Comments

• Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,084 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    HappyNow wrote: »
    No, he doesn't. I might tell him one day, but probably not. If he saw it he'd know that I'd kept secrets from him, and even though at the time it was for his own good I still think that might upset him. He knows about the debts now, although if I was to ask him how much we owe I bet he couldn't guess to the nearest 10K! Money just doesn't interest him and he has adapted to our frugal lifestyle like a good 'un. For example, yesterday we were in town and he said he needed to get some new tee-shirts for his holiday. I told him that we would be getting his tee-shirts free from Tesco using clubcard double-up points and he just said "Oh right, what colour can I have?"! :D

Oh I love 'What colour can I have?'! Sometimes people are happier not knowing things, and it took me a long time to learn that they prefer it that way.

We once accidentally stumbled onto a nudist beach when we were on holiday! I'm short-sighted and didn't have my glasses on so it took me a while to work out why Mr H and the kids were giggling and pointing! Each to their own and all that, but me? NOT A CHANCE! Yesterday I went into various expensive stores trying on Tankini tops with hidden bras to find just what I wanted. I am now bidding on one on eBay :D

I am so with you on the 'NOT A CHANCE!' Each to their own and all that.
    Sound good to me. Although for half of next month I will be renaming mine 'Ah-sod-it-I'm-on-'oliday-June'

I thought calling it Jubilant June was allowing for general celebratory stuff, which involves lots of lovely goodies. We've been really quite disciplined for long enough, there has to be some time off for good behaviour, surely?
    Better is good enough.
  • Dolphin1
    Dolphin1 Posts: 855 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Update, covering two days:
    Money. The £125 M & S voucher from switching bank accounts came on Friday. Mr H's overtime has finished, and the timing was great because there is 20% off all purchases at M & S this weekend via their app, which stretched the £125 even further. So we spent it all plus an additional £21 of real money and neither of us will need clothes/undies now (except Mr H's tee-shirts - see above) for a long time. There wasn't enough left to buy cake though :(. Train tickets free via Tesco Vouchers/RedSpottedHanky.

Very :money: of you :T!

Healthy eating Not TOO bad, but I did have pizza and garlic bread for tea last night. It was on it's use-by date, I had to do it. Oh and I finished off the Marvellous Creations bar :o

I love your definition of "Not TOO bad, I could cope with being "Not TOO bad" every day :rotfl:.

Water This is my 'easy win' so I'm going to keep it as a target forever :D
    Sleep Keep waking up because I'm too hot. I think it's the memory foam mattress but there's not much I can do about that.

I've heard that about memory foam and it's also getting pretty warm at night anyway.

Sit-ups Deliberate decision not to do these as my back is still a bit sore, but I am meeting a friend for a run in an hour.

Very good decision :T!

Apparently I have to write something here as my message is too short :).
  • Dolphin1
    Options
    Honey_Bear wrote: »
    I thought calling it Jubilant June was allowing for general celebratory stuff, which involves lots of lovely goodies. We've been really quite disciplined for long enough, there has to be some time off for good behaviour, surely?

I agree, it's about time we incorporated some fun targets, after all I have been trying to be good for almost a whole month :).
  • Honey_Bear
    edited 24 May 2015 at 4:06PM
    Options
    1. I'd like to say it was only the once .... I think he really, really needs a routine he can trust before being left alone several days in a row. I've only had him three weeks three days and because he's such a friendly dog I under-estimated the impact of all the changes on him. I'm concentrating on helping him feel safe rather than anything else and he's settled back down again. He's coming on.
    2. Done!
    3. No cheese, no hobnobs and nothing to show for it.
    4. I need more sleep but I did switch the light out before midnight and I feel better for it today. I need to stop getting over-tired; I always think I'll be abel to cope with the after effects but I just can't.
    5. Lovely Lodger :A and I have come to a mutually beneficial arrangement due to 4 above. She is known as Lovely Lodger for a reason, and is aka The Dishwasher Fairy. Having lodgers can occasionally be a right PITA but this one is an absolute pleasure to have around in every way. :T
    Better is good enough.
  • Dolphin1
    Options
    Day 19...

1) No sweets or biscuits but I had a very indulgent chocolate and orange mousse.
    2) No cake.
    3) I stayed up to watch the Eurovision Song Contest so it was midnight when I got to bed but then went straight to sleep with no reading so that was fine. Didn't get up until 10.30 this morning though :eek:.
    4) MUST start on next weeks meal plan.
    5) No spends on other people.
  • Alchemilla
    Alchemilla Posts: 6,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    There is a naturist club near us whose slogan is
    "The place to go when you've got nothing on".
  • Honey_Bear
    Options
    Alchemilla wrote: »
    There is a naturist club near us whose slogan is
    "The place to go when you've got nothing on".

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Better is good enough.
  • Dolphin1
    Options
    Day 20...

1) No chocolate, sweets or biscuits.
    2) No cake.
    3) Light out at 1am so not good, getting in to bad habits, 11pm tonight at the latest.
    4) Really MUST start on next weeks meal plan. Shopping is coming this morning so it will have to be based on what I've ordered which is pretty much the same as last week.
    5) No spends on other people.
  • Honey_Bear
    Options
    Dolphin1 wrote: »
    I agree, it's about time we incorporated some fun targets, after all I have been trying to be good for almost a whole month :).

And succeeding, if I'm not much mistaken from your entries. Good on you. :T:T:T

I was thinking about June this morning on my first dog walk and I really don't know, other than lights out before midnight, what I want to focus on yet. It may have something to do with feeling grot; I think OH bought some nasty foreign bug back with him and my throat feels like Forth Bridge painter's sandpaper and on top of getting over-tired has wiped me out.
    1. Neighbours had him while we went to the theatre last night, but he didn't settle until they'd taken him for another walk. Once he was home he tacked the k)ng with huge enthusiasm but he wouldn't while he was with them. Early days, still.
    2. Done!
    3. A turkish delight and half a snickers bar - I really needed sugar last night.
    4. Need more sleep.
    5. The new-to-me stick dy$0n can do 20 minutes sucking on regular power, or eight on max. It came as quite a shock to me how much that means I an actually do if I don't have to faff about with lugging heavy machines around and hoses. I'm a convert.
    Better is good enough.
  • Dolphin1
    Options
    Honey_Bear wrote: »
    my throat feels like Forth Bridge painter's sandpaper

Oh no, that's how my stinking cold started and the same with my OH. It lasted two weeks in total and a few days in the middle were pretty awful. Hope it doesn't turn out to be as bad! :(
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback