We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

~*~ Thrifty Gifty Moneysaving Thread for Christmas and all Occasions 2012 ~*~

Options

Comments

• elysia2003
    elysia2003 Posts: 5,155 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Karonher - I was getting muddled there I think. I signed up for ZoomPanel last night, but my answer was relating to Zoombucks that I signed up to the night before. I was getting the names muddled up.

Emma - I've been where you are hun, so I know what you are going through. Toilet before bed, but don't wake them up. The pull ups aren't helping though they wick the moisture away, so she doesn't feel wet. She has to get the sensation of being full, and needing to go, but also if she does go, she needs to know that she's done it - if you see what I mean. Don't get those covers that cover the mattress and you put a sheet over - I've been there and done that. The best thing is from Betterware or Kleeneze I can't remember which one. It's like a little mat you put on top of the sheet, and if she wets, you just whip it off, and the beds still clean and dry. If she wakes herself up during it, make sure you toilet her before she goes back to sleep. They are £20 each but I had two, one to wash and a clean one for the next night, so I wasn't having to wash and dry it the same night. They can be tumble dried if you need to, but only on a low setting.

The Enuresis (sp) nurse, told us never to give brown drinks (tea, coffee, and hot chocolate) and never give fizzy drinks or squash. All DD could drink was water and fruit juice (which had to be watered down, because the acid would rot her teeth).

You've just got to stick with it, most girls are earlier at potty training but later at getting dry through the night so you're not alone. I can only give you the advice I've been given, as I'm no expert, but DD2 I never had any trouble with, DD1 was a different matter. :(
    I :heartpuls M.S.E.
    :DMortgage Free 18/01/10 13 years and 8 months early on a 20 year mortgage! :D
  • jediteacher
    jediteacher Posts: 1,143 Forumite
    Options
    emmad5689 wrote: »
    Morning all, got to take eldest to school soon, tried talking to her this morning saying that we are going to cut her drinks down and try that again, told her she can have her drink at tea time and then a couple of sips of water before bed and then we will see how we do, have been told that lifting them out of bed is not a good thing as you are meant to be teaching them to hold it through the night but all you are doing is encouraging them to wake at a certain time of night - anyone have any opinions??

Speak to you all later xx

I'm not an expert at all but with our daughter she came out of nappies quite quickly during the day but we struggled at night. Unlike your daughter mine refuses to drink regularly let alone drink water! However, it did take us a while to get a dry night. We kept her in the pull up pants at night as she use to get really distressed when she wet the bed at night. We also put a potty in her room at night so she could use it herself. It took a while but it did work - we had our first series of dry nights. My daughter is 5 years old now and still gets up at night to go to the toilet. I think for some children it's what they need to do and we don't make a fuss about it and all is fine. Not sure that helps but I wish you luck - also (I know it's hard) try not to worry too much it will come eventually.

Right need to get motivated as at work tomorrow so will need to get my surveys and bits done now. Have a good day everyone.:)
    'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.' :cool:
    Proud Mummy to two gorgeous miracles.:j
  • emmad5689
    emmad5689 Posts: 1,117 Forumite
    Options
    elysia2003 wrote: »
    Thanks Karonher - I was getting muddled there I think. I signed up for ZoomPanel last night, but my answer was relating to Zoombucks that I signed up to the night before. I was getting the names muddled up.

Emma - I've been where you are hun, so I know what you are going through. Toilet before bed, but don't wake them up. The pull ups aren't helping though they wick the moisture away, so she doesn't feel wet. She has to get the sensation of being full, and needing to go, but also if she does go, she needs to know that she's done it - if you see what I mean. Don't get those covers that cover the mattress and you put a sheet over - I've been there and done that. The best thing is from Betterware or Kleeneze I can't remember which one. It's like a little mat you put on top of the sheet, and if she wets, you just whip it off, and the beds still clean and dry. If she wakes herself up during it, make sure you toilet her before she goes back to sleep. They are £20 each but I had two, one to wash and a clean one for the next night, so I wasn't having to wash and dry it the same night. They can be tumble dried if you need to, but only on a low setting.

The Enuresis (sp) nurse, told us never to give brown drinks (tea, coffee, and hot chocolate) and never give fizzy drinks or squash. All DD could drink was water and fruit juice (which had to be watered down, because the acid would rot her teeth).

You've just got to stick with it, most girls are earlier at potty training but later at getting dry through the night so you're not alone. I can only give you the advice I've been given, as I'm no expert, but DD2 I never had any trouble with, DD1 was a different matter. :(

Thanks for that Elysia, I think what you will be talking about will be a bed Kylie we use them at work for the residents that are incontinent and I wondered where I would be able to get them from. I had thought about putting a pair of knickers under her pull up so she feels when she is wet. Someone at work also mentioned about dark drinks apparently they were told orange squash was fine but no blackcurrant. I am going to talk to OH and get him on bored at 4 1/2 I think it is really about time she was dry.
    To get to Disneyland Florida 2016
  • hollieinbloom
    Options
    Morning/afternoon everyone!

Took a walk to the shop to treat Hollie to a magazine as she has been asking for one for a week! £3.99 out of pocket...for a childrens magazine!
    it's terrible!. We fed the horses on the way home as we had some carrots that were going slightly soft so they got something nice to munch on for breakfast instead of hay!.

Have done everything on swagb**ks made some bread and got the washing done. Feel like superwoman this morning!. being out at 8.45 in the morning is very rare for us but it was a lovely morning we had to go out :D xxx

Goals: Save £500 for emergencies, Save £200 of Amazon vouchers for Xmas, fix my holey clothes!
    Frugal living 2014
  • elysia2003
    Options
    OH no - all this talk of holibobs is getting to me. Tesco have a offer of £150 off a holiday, which only costs £25 of Mr T vouchers. I guess I was being too hopeful thinking I could use four. :rotfl:There's only one allowed. ;) I was just looking at the Algarve for April but it cost too many pennies even with the voucher :(
  • sparkleychel
    Options
    emma i have no wise words sorry , but hope you get a break through soon

wow hollie you have been busy

i have done all superp , watch vids on maxi, done all quick and sponsered on luny , a survey on vo so can redeem on there now
    all while watching sw@g tv
    so now i'm having a cuppa and biccy break :D
  • hollieinbloom
    Options
    OOh that's a good deal on holidays! My OH's nan lives in skegness so we are going to go there for a budget holiday, as we don't have to pay for a hotel or caravan, we just need to pay for lots of fun in the amusements and donkey rides at the seaside.

hopefully my 2p pot will be full enough to take with us :D must get off and hoover. Hollie has been eating crackers and my floor looks like it has dandruff.

xx

Goals: Save £500 for emergencies, Save £200 of Amazon vouchers for Xmas, fix my holey clothes!
    Frugal living 2014
  • emmad5689
    emmad5689 Posts: 1,117 Forumite
    Options
    Well I have done some rating, written a new review, done all swags, done all my spins on sp, watched lots of sb tv and maxi vids (watched them honestly) a 15p on Op and some polls on T!! Gonna do a bit more rating and then off to work
    To get to Disneyland Florida 2016
  • Legendmum
    Legendmum Posts: 2,833 Forumite
    Options
    Well hello all! Feels like an age since I posted! Connor was back to school today in mornings which was a shock to the system for us all having to be up dressed and ready to leave by 8.25! lol
    Money making is slowly going on but I forgot to list some items on ebay the weekend gone but doid list a few for OH so will take a cut of his profits for my secretarial skills!
    All this talk of holidays has also got me in the mood but OH forgot to get the Sun yesterday! Damn him! So looks like I will have to see what magical deals I can find for the 3 of us!
    Hope everyones ok and doing fine! I do read all the posts but you lot dont half move fast nowadays!
    :xmassmile**New** Thrifty Gifty Money Making for Christmas and all occasions 2012**:xmassmile
    Member No. 11 of Happy Chappy's Clip Strip Club! ;):dance:
  • elysia2003
    Options
    Legend - have you done Sun Holidays before? If you have you get a priority code, and can book early. You don't even need the vouchers, as they get posted on the thread and towards the end, people guess the last word, so we can all book early. ;)

If you've never taken one though - you still need to collect the vouchers. Ask a neighbour if they've got one they aren't using (usually someone old) :)

ETA: Oh I wanted to ask something else - Are you still up for setting the Thrifty Gifty Facebook Group up? If it's too much trouble, I can ask someone else. :) It would be better for referals etc, and family piccies. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport