We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

~*~ Thrifty Gifty Moneysaving Thread for Christmas and all Occasions 2012 ~*~

Options

Comments

• toontron
    toontron Posts: 2,116 Forumite
    Options
    Hello everyone. Still clanking along here with my surveys and bits and pieces, although had to do a shop today so there goes £120, my own fault really, I ran the freezer down before Xmas, then filled it with Xmas food, which of course has all been eaten, so was back to Old Mother Hubbard status! Got a nice deal on Thorntons chocs yesterday from the Grabbit Board, so thats five (coming up soon) birthdays sorted with variety boxes, the whole lot should have been £70 but came in at £15 so was pleased with that.

I really enjoy reading this thread, it keeps me motivated, the only problem I have is I am not fluent in "thrifty" yet, and get a bit confuddled by things like "did 3 LDN's, 4 62's, and 2 X!!!!!!dm1's". I need to brush up my de-coding!
    January GC: £64.81/£80.00
    February GC: £24.60£80.00
  • Legendmum
    Legendmum Posts: 2,833 Forumite
    Options
    Never donw Sun Hols before Elysia I usually book a Travelodge for a few nights when they have the £9 sale! Missed out on the January one so will have to have a think! My neighbours either dont buy papers or they would not buy the sun! lol

I would be happy to set up the Thrifty Facebook page hun! Will have a look in a bit now as have started painting the ;Living Room wall! lol
    :xmassmile**New** Thrifty Gifty Money Making for Christmas and all occasions 2012**:xmassmile
    Member No. 11 of Happy Chappy's Clip Strip Club! ;):dance:
  • Legendmum
    Options
    Elysia have added you as a friend on Facebook as I will have to add people to the group as it is secret and therefore will not be found via searching etc. Let me know when you have accepted as I will add to group.
    :xmassmile**New** Thrifty Gifty Money Making for Christmas and all occasions 2012**:xmassmile
  • hollieinbloom
    Options
    add me too :D Helen Farden (i think im the only one on facebook!! ) x

Goals: Save £500 for emergencies, Save £200 of Amazon vouchers for Xmas, fix my holey clothes!
    Frugal living 2014
  • elysia2003
    elysia2003 Posts: 5,155 Forumite
    Options
    Legend - Thanks so much honey.

Thrifty Gifty has a facebook group now - so we can chat amongst ourselves. :) It's a secret group, but if you'd rather not join under your own name, you can re-join FB under an alias if you wanted. :D
    I :heartpuls M.S.E.
    :DMortgage Free 18/01/10 13 years and 8 months early on a 20 year mortgage! :D
  • jediteacher
    jediteacher Posts: 1,143 Forumite
    Options
    elysia2003 wrote: »

Thrifty Gifty has a facebook group now - so we can chat amongst ourselves. :) It's a secret group, but if you'd rather not join under your own name, you can re-join FB under an alias if you wanted. :D

I'm really dense - how do you join? I do have a facebook account.
    'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.' :cool:
    Proud Mummy to two gorgeous miracles.:j
  • poundsinbucks
    Options
    elysia2003 wrote: »

Oh no, so does that mean the end of this thread? Or will the two run parallel? I'm not very good with FaceBook and hardly use it myself :o.

Poundsinbucks x
    🥳🥳 SW -6st 3.5lbs 🥳🥳
  • Legendmum
    Options
    Ladies if you PM me I can add you to the group! I will need to add you as a friend to my page then add you to the group I will then delete you as my friend, not that I dont want to be friends with you but some people like to keep their Facebook for family or close friends!

Poundsinbucks dont panic this group is purely for posting photos in to show our buys or makes and for referrals etc Some people dont like posting photos on here as its public and the photos can be accessed by friends and family therefore knowing their gifts/cost etc!
  • sparkleychel
    Options
    fabulous legendmum :D

will pm you my details :D
  • elysia2003
    elysia2003 Posts: 5,155 Forumite
    Options
    Pounds - don't worry hun - it's more for personal things you'd rather not share on here - only members who have been here a while can access it. :)

I'm admin as well, so you can pm me your names too. (once I figure out how to do it. :p)
    I :heartpuls M.S.E.
    :DMortgage Free 18/01/10 13 years and 8 months early on a 20 year mortgage! :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport