We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

~*~ Thrifty Gifty Moneysaving Thread for Christmas and all Occasions 2012 ~*~

Options

Comments

• cha97michelle
    Options
    legend and elysia I just added you both on facebook so one of you can add me. saves messing with PMs. Not bothered about you deleting me either of you.

Had a little aaaaah moment earlier. At the top of our street is some sheltered housing. There is an old chap up the top who always stands at his door to talk to us and he usually has a bit of something for the kids like a little car or a bar of chocolate. Today he was stood there with chocolate oranges and a tin of roses for me. Bless him. Said he had been watching for us going past all over christmas. I feel so bad. He is obviously quite lonely, so hopefully just chatting as we go past makes him happier. He was telling us about his wife who he was married to for 60 years, and saying he likes to spoil the kids as when he was a kid you never got anything. I felt bad taking his chocolates but he was happy. Sad to think of him being so lonely.
  • cornish.chick
    Options
    Cornish I seen you talking about chow the other day and went on and did rate some of your reviews for ya the updated ones I think. It can be frustrating rating reviews and getting only a few back. Will have a mooch on your DooU reviews as well as I never returned your rates on mine yet.

Thank you! Not sure who you are on there though, I just rate rate rate lol. If you add me to your circle of trust on chow or DY I'll know who you are then ;) Or just pm me

Chel - Its not that kind of screaming :( just the terrible two's getting worse I think. It's bad enough as it is with her attached to me all day every day. If I turn the computer on she has to sit on my lap and press all the keys!

Still feeling bummed about this blimin holiday, looks like I'll be eating beans on toast every night until I can pay it off, good job I like beans :rotfl:

Quick question about FB, I know its a secret group so no one can see it, does that mean that if we post on there it won't appear in our friends live feed on the side? I'm not down with the kids on groups and stuff!
    Making money for christmas 2012
    :santa2:
  • Legendmum
    Legendmum Posts: 2,833 Forumite
    Options
    Haha Cornish you make me laugh! Only we can see the group, search for it, post in it, see who is a member, see what has been posted etc! So no it wont come up in anyones live feed or on your profile wall! Its like being in the SS!
    :xmassmile**New** Thrifty Gifty Money Making for Christmas and all occasions 2012**:xmassmile
    Member No. 11 of Happy Chappy's Clip Strip Club! ;):dance:
  • aspella
    aspella Posts: 988 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 10 January 2012 at 7:07PM
    Options
    Kit1 wrote: »
    Hi

I am new to all this and have joined a few survey sites but so far haven't really got very far.

I just wondered what sb tv, maxi fids and swags was and what you need to do to joing etc.

Many thanks I am keen to learn all I can to rise to the challange.
    :hello: Hi Kit1 (The above are abbreviations for Swagbucks and Maximiles. If you would like more information then have a quick look on the first page.)

Swags - Are the points you get on swagbucks.

SB TV - Every 10 videos you watch on Swagbucks TV (Earn tab) you get 3 swags.

Maxi vids - Get between 5 - 25 points when you watch and rate videos on Maximiles. Just keep watching & rating until it says you have already rated this video.

Both of these sites have referral schemes so if you ask on here a member of this forum will refer you.
    Florenceem wrote: »
    Am I right - you have to buy the item to redeem the coupon?

Yes you are correct you have to buy the item to redeem the coupon.
  • elysia2003
    elysia2003 Posts: 5,155 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Aspella - I didn't forget to reply. - I sent a pm with all the info on. ;)

How are you doing hun? I forgot the RTV spree was a 4pm. :( Did you get anything?
    I :heartpuls M.S.E.
    :DMortgage Free 18/01/10 13 years and 8 months early on a 20 year mortgage! :D
  • rufusdog52
    rufusdog52 Posts: 3,972 Forumite
    Options
    Afternoon everyone

No news about YD yet, she is apparently going to college tomorrow. We popped into Connexions this morning and have to go back on Friday afternoon. They have told her the same as we did that she would be mad to just leave without something else to go to first but whether it will sink in or not I dont know.

I received £15 M&S voucher this afternoon from MM so has been a good month for me.

When I was in bed last night I was trying to get comfortable but could feel something digging in my ribs. When we changed the bed this afternoon we found that the new mattress my side has a dip in it and you can feel the springs through it. Its supposed to be a no turn mattress with a topper on the top of it. OH is frantically looking for the receipt now as he cant remember where he put it. Its not like him to throw receipts out but its not anywhere where he would normally keep them. It wasnt a cheap mattress either.
  • aspella
    aspella Posts: 988 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    elysia2003 wrote: »

How are you doing hun? I forgot the RTV spree was a 4pm. :( Did you get anything?

I didn't get a voucher today on the RTV shopping spree due to getting an error message when I pressed the redeem button. :(
  • elysia2003
    elysia2003 Posts: 5,155 Forumite
    edited 10 January 2012 at 7:45PM
    Options
    Oh what a shame. At least you tried - I totally forgot. :mad:

Rufus - would you like me to add you to the FB group? (now I know how ;)). Missing receipts are the bane of my life - so I know how OH feels. I had to throw a lawnmower out in the summer, when it blew up the second time I used it, but because I hadn't got the receipt they wouldn't refund or replace. Grrr
    I :heartpuls M.S.E.
    :DMortgage Free 18/01/10 13 years and 8 months early on a 20 year mortgage! :D
  • Legendmum
    Legendmum Posts: 2,833 Forumite
    Options
    Elysia I have added rufus hun
    :xmassmile**New** Thrifty Gifty Money Making for Christmas and all occasions 2012**:xmassmile
    Member No. 11 of Happy Chappy's Clip Strip Club! ;):dance:
  • Karonher
    Karonher Posts: 925 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    elysia2003 wrote: »
    Thanks Karonher - I was getting muddled there I think. I signed up for ZoomPanel last night, but my answer was relating to Zoombucks that I signed up to the night before. I was getting the names muddled up.

ooh not heard of Zoombucks so I will give that a go Thanks
    Aiming to make £7,500 online in 2022
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.5K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family