~*~ Thrifty Gifty Moneysaving Thread for Christmas and all Occasions 2012 ~*~

Options

Comments

• emmad5689
    emmad5689 Posts: 1,117 Forumite
    Options
    Thought you might like to know the first of my dy suggestions has come through today and it was suggested last sunday so give people an idea where they are up to xx
    To get to Disneyland Florida 2016
  • cha97michelle
    cha97michelle Posts: 5,818 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    emmad5689 wrote: »
    Thought you might like to know the first of my dy suggestions has come through today and it was suggested last sunday so give people an idea where they are up to xx

They do them in batches by type. I had some of Sundays through dead quick, then most of mine were books, and all went on in one go. I've only one more thing I am waiting for out of ten for them to add.

I think I am going to struggle to get all the stuff I want adding with the limit of 5. I need to think which 5 to add this week.
  • lindsaygalaxy
    lindsaygalaxy Posts: 2,067 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Very happy. Just had £100 more to be paid by Quidco at the end of the month! When we cancelled Virgin a few months ago and swapped to Sky we needed a new broadband supplier. We went with O2 (missed the previous deal) which was free for 3 months, a reduced rate for OH being with them, and £100 cashback, which has tracked and paid mega quick!

We are hoping to go on a sun holiday this year. I was lucky enough to get a priority code from another thread on here so hoping to be able to get a break for the Easter holidays and suprise the kids with a few days away.

Mum2one - good news!

Hollie - thats really good coupining. I'm not very good at it :/ Do you print many from online?
    £2 Savers club £0/£150
    1p a day £/
  • poundsinbucks
    Options
    Happy to finally receive an invitation to Shop & Scan today after applying I don't know how long ago via Volunteer4panels.com :).

cha97michelle - Is Murphy your dog? What type is it? It sounds like a proper part of your family :rotfl:.

Looks like we missed a SB code earlier today, I just looked on sbcodez. Never mind, am sure another one will be along soon enough. I have just over 800sb now, how many for the Amazon £ voucher? Thanks :o.

emmad - would it help if you worked out how much you could save per week/month/year if your OH did not buy single cans of drink every day/week? Might help to motivate him if you show him these small amounts soon add up and can make a real difference. Possibly offer to buy his drink of choice from somewhere like Asda in a 4-pack which will be so much cheaper than buying single cans. Just an idea... ;)

Have resisted so far to rush out to Sainsburys where xmas stock has been reduced to silly money, including chocolate :A. Could go tomorrow ;).

Poundsinbucks x :)
    🥳🥳 SW -6st 3.5lbs 🥳🥳
  • jediteacher
    jediteacher Posts: 1,143 Forumite
    Options
    I've put in a missing claim on TCB for the bingo - will have to wait and see. Slightly relieved it was not just me though.

Little girl has stopped being sick think it was definitely her reflux as she had no other symptoms. I'll need to pop into school and just go through with them how to manage her now - her tummy will be sore for a few days and she needs to be really careful as to what she eats.

Need to get my items listed tonight or tomorrow so I make the most of the 10 items I'm allowed to sell. Got my baby boys clothes he's grown out of - he's 7 months old but in 12-18month clothes. He went straight into 3-6 months when he was born as nothing else fitted him. He got his first tooth today - cannot believe how quickly he is growing (felt like an age with my daughter!).

Well done to everyone on their money making. :j I was shut out of all the surveys I tried today - never mind. :cool:
    'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.' :cool:
    Proud Mummy to two gorgeous miracles.:j
  • cornish.chick
    Options
    Thats good to know about DY thanks Emma, I still haven't had any of mine put through yet, they are a mixture of toys and books and I've noticed on the new products page that they have been doing them so felt a little left out! Hope it doesn't take them long to get round to mine.

Michelle - I've listed my 5 this week and got 10 more to list, if they are doing it from Mondays, provided it's still the same catagories on the 30th, I could suggest some for you if you are stuck.

Just done another survey on viva, usually it's only wednesdays, fridays and saturdays I get any, defo not complaining though, only £9 till I can redeem again :D
    Making money for christmas 2012
    :santa2:
  • emmad5689
    emmad5689 Posts: 1,117 Forumite
    Options

emmad - would it help if you worked out how much you could save per week/month/year if your OH did not buy single cans of drink every day/week? Might help to motivate him if you show him these small amounts soon add up and can make a real difference. Possibly offer to buy his drink of choice from somewhere like Asda in a 4-pack which will be so much cheaper than buying single cans. Just an idea... ;)

I already buy him cans from the local discount store but if he goes to a shop he has to buy something it's like he actually can't stop himself and if he's bored in the house he will try and find a reason to go to a shop.

Just getting annoyed as I am trying to work out ways to cut back really want the holiday, oh is a really fussy eater and I often work on a night so he will only eat something quick and easy when i'm at work which generally is more expensive things so food shopping is probably a place to try and cut back.

Anyone got any tips for getting children dry through the night?? My daughter is 4 1/2 and has the odd dry night but mainly she is wet, she is in pull ups as I simply haven't got the time to be washing bedding everyday when I work full time. We have tried stopping the drinks at tea time and it didn't work we just ended up with a very upset child as she is like me and always thirsty, we have tried lifting her when we go to bed but then she doesn't go back to sleep easily and doctors won't consider doing anything until she is 5. any ideas??
    To get to Disneyland Florida 2016
  • sparkleychel
    Options
    just popping on to say evening all :D

elysia lol i probably did get it from that without even realizing lol

cha wow i thought i was doing well on sup getting 150 in a week !
    you did amazingly last year :D

today i got to over 500 on sw@g not bad for a week i think :D
    did about 4 surveys
    and have lots of hair bits ready to sew which im off to do while watching
    tv in a min
    so hopefully i can get some good photos tomorrow ready for my shop :D

have a lovely evening everyone
  • redmel1621
    redmel1621 Posts: 6,002 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Evening I just cannot get on with spoints AT ALL... Spinning that wheel made me want to top myself, I swear, one more spin and I would have been over the edge:eek:

I much prefer sbucks, so will stick with that and the surve sites I am with for now. I will re-assess next month and maybe add another one or two then.

I am useless, I have completely backtracked on selling the double buggy... even though I KNOW dee down it is going to sit in the hall taking up space and not being used. SO I resolved to sell the boys PSP's but have cleaned them all up, charged them and sorted through the games to check they are clean..... I can't bring myself to sell them, even though they haven't picked them up in the last year:cool:

I need a shake:o
    Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.
  • cha97michelle
    Options
    cha97michelle - Is Murphy your dog? What type is it? It sounds like a proper part of your family :rotfl:.

Looks like we missed a SB code earlier today, I just looked on sbcodez. Never mind, am sure another one will be along soon enough. I have just over 800sb now, how many for the Amazon £ voucher? Thanks :o.

Poundsinbucks x :)
    Murphy is our 6 month old chihuahua - he is the son of my mum's 2 chihuahuas, one of 4. We had one, my sister had one, my mum kept 2, alongside the original 2. She reminds me of the Queen with all the dogs under foot. He's a spoilt baby. I got him to keep me company now my two are at school. :D

You can claim your £5 amazon when you get to 849, and it takes about a week to get to you.
    Thats good to know about DY thanks Emma, I still haven't had any of mine put through yet, they are a mixture of toys and books and I've noticed on the new products page that they have been doing them so felt a little left out! Hope it doesn't take them long to get round to mine.

Michelle - I've listed my 5 this week and got 10 more to list, if they are doing it from Mondays, provided it's still the same catagories on the 30th, I could suggest some for you if you are stuck.

Just done another survey on viva, usually it's only wednesdays, fridays and saturdays I get any, defo not complaining though, only £9 till I can redeem again :D

Thanks for thinking of me. I have so many things I have already written. I guess this is why we need the facebook page so we can discuss stuff like this freely and if everyone has 5 suggestions we can all help each other out.

Thanks for the tip about viva too. I've been ignoring it a bit since the payment changes, but I need to force myself to do it.
    just popping on to say evening all :D

elysia lol i probably did get it from that without even realizing lol

cha wow i thought i was doing well on sup getting 150 in a week !
    you did amazingly last year :D

today i got to over 500 on sw@g not bad for a week i think :D
    did about 4 surveys
    and have lots of hair bits ready to sew which im off to do while watching
    tv in a min
    so hopefully i can get some good photos tomorrow ready for my shop :D

have a lovely evening everyone

I'm only doing so well as I got a few people to join. I joined 26th of November, and it took me to last week to get to cashout. Easier now in January as we are all having so much of a push.

While I am thinking - facebook, legend? Were you definitely going to do it? It's something I think we need to do sooner rather than later. I think it would make referring a lot easier, and sharing photos etc. If you need any help let me know. I'm usually about and can help.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure