Cross Stitch Cafe 2012

Options

Comments

• mrs-moneypenny
    Options
    beautiful pictures Skoobie. i also love the dad design. party paws card is lovely, really cute. cant wait to see more of imagine
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • caroline78
    Options
    Where I am starting from tonight...Think this is my favourite letter so far....

7938442042_044015cb88.jpg
    Start of the 5th September 2012 by msecaroline78, on Flickr
    ;)I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY;)
  • brednall
    brednall Posts: 572 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    A few pictures from me!!

SAM_0551.jpg

My framed 'Home Sweet Home' now hanging proudly in my hallway

SAM_0553.jpg

Some of the keyrings made for my craft fair and

SAM_0555.jpg

some of the other bits too. Had so many things planned but will never have the time to make them all. Just hope I sell some. Some to make into coasters and lots more keyrings too. The fridge magnets on plastic canvas didn't work out too well so maybe next time. Every time I look through a magazine I find more designs that I want to stitch but I would need to spend 24 hours a day at it

Emma
    Baby daughter born Jan 10
    Baby son born June 11
  • Ruth_honey
    Ruth_honey Posts: 2,831 Forumite
    Options
    LOVE that Home Sweet Home, Emma! It's so perfectly framed, too.

Really must get some of my recent updates and finishes photographed and post them here. Need a virtual kick up the you-know-what to get more stitching done.
    Cross Stitch Cafe Monthly Challenge Member #27
    12/12/12 challenge-[STRIKE]Season's Greeting Newton's Law[/STRIKE] Christmas polar bear-finished on time! :)
    Thanks to all the girls in the Cross Stitch Cafe! You're all fantastic! :A
  • firefly369
    Options
    Lovely Pictures and updates Ladies. I really love to see them coming along.

Still backstitching the Joyful Snowmen but my hands are itching to start a new project....I must resist, I must resist.:p
  • Willow92
    Willow92 Posts: 2,186 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am an actual idiot. I used the wrong colours on the wrong bits on the free Fizzy Moon kit from World of Cross Stitch. Used cream on the grey bits and grey on the white bits, they all look the same! Gah! Too late to unpick and start again.
    Savings £8,865.22 £/15,000 Aiming to save enough for a house deposit.
  • Flat_Eric
    Flat_Eric Posts: 4,060 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hmmm not actually relaxed yet this evening. Had visitors then as I finished clearing the dishes etc I decided to put my DIY hat on. My sink has leaked for as long as I can remember. I've posted a link of a sink that is similar to mine as I don't really know what I'm talking about. :rotfl:there is a black pipe underneath the small holes on the top of my sink and this is where it has always leaked from. It seems to have got worse so I tried to investigate tonight but haven't got very far. I managed to take the screw out (which I knew would be a bad idea!) which resulted in the pipe moving freely :eek: anyhow with the help of the cat :T who decided his new home was under the sink, I've managed to secure it again so now I'm going to retire to the sofa (probably bed actually as feel a headache coming on) and tomorrow the conversation will go something like this .... Dearest OH - have you noticed that the sink is leaking again.... did you and your dad want to have a look at it at the weekend while I go shopping / retire to the bedroom and cross stitch..... :D:rotfl:

In cross news - been too tired this week to do any. :( roll on the weekend when I can hopefully finish the snowman card and start/continue with my other projects.

PS anyone know when the next issue of world of cross stitching is out and what the free gift is going to be ???
  • brednall
    brednall Posts: 572 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 6 September 2012 at 7:12AM
    Options
    I the new WOCS comes out next Thursday 13th Sept. THe free gifts are a Margaret Sherry calendar and a Party Paws chart. Designs include a stocking, poinsettia picture, Pickle the Penguin and a Christmas table runner

Emma
    Baby daughter born Jan 10
    Baby son born June 11
  • maria_and_the_imps
    Options
    Thanks chicky

Lovley update bendall

Hope you get your sink sorted soon Eric I had this problem before and it turned out the pipe wasnt fitted tightly enough so they added a special metal clippy thing that you tighten with a screw driver (sorry don't know what they are called) and it was fine

Had a very stressful evening princess imp decided she wasnt going to bed and played up for 2 and a half hours, she has been doing this more and morw latley and I've run out of ideas, when she gets in this mood nothing works with her, you can't talk to her, taking away toys has no effect, telling her you are taking away privileges makes no difference ect. She only does it when her dad is out, although its always me who disciplines her, I don't know why she does it (she's normally very good, apart from this every now and then) or how to get through to her that its not acceptable. Sorry rant over just needed to get it off my chest
    13 in 2013 challenge 9/13
  • caroline78
    Options
    Well just spent three hours winding skeins onto bobbins. I was trying to just use skeins this time but it was starting to get a bit messy looking so had to change to bobbins...

Going to try and stitch for a little while before heading to bed....xx
    ;)I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family