Cross Stitch Cafe 2012

Options

Comments

• mrs-moneypenny
    Options
    loving the photos and updates
    the turtle does look lovely - reminds me of aboriginal art in its style.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • caroline78
    Options
    This is where I am starting from tonight...xx

7931229254_417e46c789.jpg
    Start on the 4th September 2012 by msecaroline78, on Flickr
    ;)I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY;)
  • maria_and_the_imps
    Options
    Thinking of you today BEG

On martins weekly email preview on Facebook it says that superdrugs are having a big sale tomorrow with items greatly reduced and 5500 items will be 10p. I can't post a link because I'm on my phone but hopefully someone can pop along and do it for me

Good for some Christmas bargains

In other news finished my rainbow cards tonight
    13 in 2013 challenge 9/13
  • Ailsb
    Ailsb Posts: 967 Forumite
    Options
    The turtle is really quite large. It works out as follows:

15 inch x 15 inch on 14 count
    13 inch x 13 inch on 16 count
    12 inch x 12 inch on 18 count.

I'm stitching it on 18 count. I have to admit to not realising that it was going to be so large when I ordered the chart and agreed to stitch it. Thought it was about 5 x 7. Never mind it shouldn't take too long if I set my mind on it as it's so open - if that makes sense.
    Cross Stitch Cafe Member #59 :j
    Finished 2013 - Bug, Alessandra Adelaides "eye", Sandy Hook Square, Coffee & Cake, Turtle, Gecko, Cross for pouch, candle, stocking, snowman
    WIP 2014: A-Z Nativity, Rock, Scissor etc Mable Figworthy SAL
    Member of 13 projects in 13 Completed 9/13
    Member of 14 projects in 14 Completed 3/14
  • pennib
    pennib Posts: 1,417 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I popped into the local sewing shop today and was shocked how much floss has gone up. 90p per skein. :eek: Usually I get from internet but I wanted to look at the different red's and only wanted a couple. Is it as much as that all over the country? (anchor)
  • *Louise*
    *Louise* Posts: 9,197 Forumite
    Options
    pennib wrote: »
    I popped into the local sewing shop today and was shocked how much floss has gone up. 90p per skein. :eek: Usually I get from internet but I wanted to look at the different red's and only wanted a couple. Is it as much as that all over the country? (anchor)

Only if I buy it from Hobbycraft!! 85p per skein when I was last there, and that was months ago. It would have to be an emergency before I paid that price for thread.
    Cross Stitch Cafe member No. 3
    2012 170-194 2013 195-207.Hello Kitty ballerina 208.AVA 209.OLIVIA 210.ELLA 211.CARLA 212.LOUISE 213.CHARLEY 214.Mother & Child 215.Stop Faffing Completed 2014 216.Stitchers Sampler. 217.Let Them Be Small 218.Keep Calm 219. Ups and downs 220. Annniversary piece 221. 2x Teachers gifts 222. Peacock 223. Tooth Fairy 224. Beth Birth pic 225. Circe the Sorceress Cards x 24
  • caroline78
    Options
    pennib wrote: »
    *Louise* wrote: »
    Only if I buy it from Hobbycraft!! 85p per skein when I was last there, and that was months ago. It would have to be an emergency before I paid that price for thread.

My local (well 10 miles away, but only one we have) is either 90p or 95p for DMC. I got 20 last week and a piece of iron on backing that was about £2.00 and it was just off £20. Ordered 27 from ebay and it was only £11.....xx
  • caroline78
    Options
  • Flat_Eric
    Flat_Eric Posts: 4,060 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    My local craft shop (newly opened earlier this year) charges 90p a skein of dmc. They don't sell anchor. Thats expensive compared to online but in an emergency its a life saver and also I've bought a 2/3 skeins rather than get them cheaper on sew and so but spend quids on more other stuff just because I'm having an order!
  • chickywiggle
    Options
    Thinking of you today BEG

On martins weekly email preview on Facebook it says that superdrugs are having a big sale tomorrow with items greatly reduced and 5500 items will be 10p. I can't post a link because I'm on my phone but hopefully someone can pop along and do it for me

Good for some Christmas bargains

In other news finished my rainbow cards tonight

here go: linky

also 20% off if you order call of duty 2/ warhammer or assassins creed 3 at tesco: (which was brill for me): linky
    loves how my "I've been censored" signature has been censored. LOL. Happy Christmas. :xmastree:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure