Cross Stitch Cafe 2012

Options

Comments

• Ailsb
    Ailsb Posts: 967 Forumite
    Options
    I'm back from holiday and spent yesterday catching up (we had internet problems until my hubby spoke to TalkTalk at 7pm last night to sort it out).

BEG - so sorry to hear about your loss. You must be all devasted, my thoughts and prayers are with you all at this very sad time.

Elle - your HAED is looking great, it doesn't look as if it's been stitched.

Lots of other nice finishes - too many to mention by name, I had over 12 pages to catch up on and I lot happened in that time.

On my own stitchy front, I finished the Only place housework comes first and have completed one flipper and part of the shell of this turtle that my son has asked me to do for him.

$T2eC16Z,!y8E9s2flCKYBP+Yf1grW!~~60_35.JPG

He has chosen the colours he is having it stitched in, both are DMC variagated, black for the shell and blue for the flippers and the head. He wants the bubbles stitched with blending filiment. I'm stitching it using 18 count magic aida which I love.

Have also got my fabric and threads sorted ready to start my HAED Book of dreams. I've decided that rather than tackle 11 books on one piece of fabric measuring 66 inches by 26 inches I will have a go at stitching a tripart (sp) made up of 3, 5 and 3 books. I am starting with the 5. If I get bored of stitching books it may end up being on design of 5 books.
    Cross Stitch Cafe Member #59 :j
    Finished 2013 - Bug, Alessandra Adelaides "eye", Sandy Hook Square, Coffee & Cake, Turtle, Gecko, Cross for pouch, candle, stocking, snowman
    WIP 2014: A-Z Nativity, Rock, Scissor etc Mable Figworthy SAL
    Member of 13 projects in 13 Completed 9/13
    Member of 14 projects in 14 Completed 3/14
  • Ailsb
    Options
    Oh forgot to ask - does anyone subscribe to Cross Stitch Crazy? Thought I night do the 5 for £5 offer which came with the Cross Stitch card Shop this time.
    Finished 2013 - Bug, Alessandra Adelaides "eye", Sandy Hook Square, Coffee & Cake, Turtle, Gecko, Cross for pouch, candle, stocking, snowman
  • flowerofscotland
    Options
    Blue eyed girl I cannot begin to put into words my thoughts on reading your devastating news. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I hope that the inquest is able to establish the reason as that may help with the grieving process. They are going to need a lot of support to get through such a tragedy.

Puts everything else into perspective doesn't it?
  • *Louise*
    *Louise* Posts: 9,197 Forumite
    Options
    Thinking about you today B_e_g xxx :(

Ailsb wrote: »
    He has chosen the colours he is having it stitched in, both are DMC variagated, black for the shell and blue for the flippers and the head. He wants the bubbles stitched with blending filiment. I'm stitching it using 18 count magic aida which I love.

How old is your son? He sounds like he knows what he wants, I look forward to seeing the finished result.
    Ailsb wrote: »
    Oh forgot to ask - does anyone subscribe to Cross Stitch Crazy? Thought I night do the 5 for £5 offer which came with the Cross Stitch card Shop this time.

I am 2 mags into this offer and so far it has been well worth the money
    Cross Stitch Cafe member No. 3
    2012 170-194 2013 195-207.Hello Kitty ballerina 208.AVA 209.OLIVIA 210.ELLA 211.CARLA 212.LOUISE 213.CHARLEY 214.Mother & Child 215.Stop Faffing Completed 2014 216.Stitchers Sampler. 217.Let Them Be Small 218.Keep Calm 219. Ups and downs 220. Annniversary piece 221. 2x Teachers gifts 222. Peacock 223. Tooth Fairy 224. Beth Birth pic 225. Circe the Sorceress Cards x 24
  • shelly
    shelly Posts: 6,394 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Elle. Forest Walk is coming along great. Going to be stunning when finished!

Nmm. Nice update, it's coming along fab.

Caroline. Nice progress, agree with Ruth, you are whizzing through it!

Ailsb. Look forward to Turtle update pics, looks fun to stitch. Also look forward to seeing your HAED progress. I was sooooo tempted by the 'so many books' one but I have to make my stash pile a little smaller first :D

Here's my 2 week update. Not much done in the last 2 weeks as the first week hubby was home so we were out and about and the second week we went away but I got some done at the weekend.

SAM_1009.jpg

Just backstitch to finish and lettering to do now.
  • Ailsb
    Options
    *Louise* wrote: »

How old is your son? He sounds like he knows what he wants, I look forward to seeing the finished result.

I am 2 mags into this offer and so far it has been well worth the money

He's 13 and does indeed know his own mind! His bedroom is all animal prints and he now wants animal pictures in it. Have so far finished the tiger and the tree frogs. Now doing this one and next on his list is an asian elephant. He also has a number of original photos of animals.

I will do the cheap introductory offer to this mag then when I call to cancel the cross Stitch Card Shop. Have left my subscription to WOXS carry on.
  • mrs-moneypenny
    Options
    BEG you are constantly in my thoughts, i can understand how you feel as it brings back thoughts my niece. but at least we had the knowledge she was oly lent to us as hard as that was to bear we at least had some warning.
    i wish i could say something to help ease the pain you and your family are feeling at this moment.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • flowerofscotland
    Options
    Trying to catch up with 4 pages of posts so apologies if this develops into a saga.
    Mrs F49 Only just read about your sad loss of your Grandad. Very sorry to hear this especially at what should have been a time of celebration for your family

QueenB Sounds like you have achieved quite a lot of stitching even if you have been distracted by "life"

brednall charts or kits? It depends - I like the flexibility of charts (choosing my own fabric/threads especially as I don't really like stitching on aida which is included in the majority of kits). I do like the convenience of kits provided that the threads are sorted onto a thread holder. I HATE having to sort out threads from a bundle (this seems to be common to Dimensions kits?). If you don't have a complete set of DMC or Anchor and the design uses lots of colours then a kit is probably more economical. If you can kit it yourself from your stash then charts are the way to go. My main MSE tip for both charts and kits is to photocopy the chart and use this for working from. You can then sell the chart in pristine condition or the chart and left over threads from a kit.

FlatEric Debbie Cripps has some free charts on her website which might be suitable This This one says Number One Husband but the design is of a watering can and gardening tools so would be suitable if you changed "husband" to "gardener". You have to register to access the free charts Have now seen a later post from you and you have already started the gardener alphabet. Could you finish it as a bookmark with a felt backing and a ribbon or tassel as a place marker?

caroline you are making great progress on your afghan. Loved the website you linked to for the Tardis chart. The Elizabeth Bennet one is brilliant and I also like the Dorothy Parker one. The Christmas afghan as a Christmas present sounds like a winner all round

bobbismummy There are lots of fans of WOCS on here and if you do a search you can read reviews of recent issues. Why try a subscription at £5 for 5 issues - plenty of time to decide if it is for you and if not then £5 isn't a lot of cash to have "wasted". Actually you could probably get your money back by selling the magazines if you didn't like them. I think magazine subs make brilliant presents :D

chicky How brilliant and very:money: that the magazine had cupcakes designs like you were considering buying

Still more to catch up on but have run out of time (sound familiar?)

Happy stitching everyone and big hugs to all who need them
  • mavisangelica
    Options
    shelly wrote: »

Here's my 2 week update. Not much done in the last 2 weeks as the first week hubby was home so we were out and about and the second week we went away but I got some done at the weekend.

SAM_1009.jpg

Just backstitch to finish and lettering to do now.

Thank you for motivating me Shelly (btw it looks lovely - hope you finish it soon). I made this 10 years ago and it has laid in my sewing case for over 10 years. When I saw yours it has made me go out at the weekend and buy a frame and I got it finished and on the wall on Saturday.
    Ditch 100 in January Challenge 100/100
    Ditch 100 in February Challenge 114/100
    Ditch 100 in March Challenge 100/100
    Ditch 100 in April Challenge 75/100
  • caroline78
    Options
    I have to frame my two wedding designs and was going to leave them into a framer to get it done properly, however I have read so many of you here that frame your own....Is it easy and does it look well when finished...

And I love the turtle, I would love to do that design a few times, each in a different colour for my bathroom....xx
    ;)I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport