was this a ghost ?

Options
1262728293032»

Comments

• blue_monkey_2
    blue_monkey_2 Posts: 11,435 Forumite
    Options
    I used to live in Edwin Starr's house, and my office/chill out room was the room he died in. I'd often hear who I thought was my OH coming home early, I'd shout to him to put the kettle on, and it was never him - the stairs were creaky and I'd be totally convinced that it was him and it never was.

If it was Edwin, he was a very chilled out ghost. No aminosity from him. Bless his cottons....

Ha SN - you made it onto the popbi tch newsletter!!

>> Wooaaarrrghhh! << What is it good for? Edwin Starr seems to have adjusted to the afterlife pretty well. According to someone who lived in the house he died in, they would often hear sounds around the house when no-one else was in and creaky footsteps on the stairs. "If it was Edwin, he was a very chilled out ghost. No animosity from him. Bless his cottons..." FYI: This supernatural scoop was on the moneysavingexpert.com forums: http://popbi tch/zFp2Du

http://www.popbi tch.com/home/ (you are going to have to remove the space in the word) don't read the forums if you do nto like bad language though, you HAVE been warned!!
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I believe my Dad hung around in our house for a few days after he died. I like to think he was just checking on my Mom. Mom never felt it and i never mentioned it but i saw him a couple of times looking over her whilst she was sleeping.

My cousin is supposedly a faith healer (dont know how that works), i never asked.

To be honest, i got spooked having my fortune told 25 years ago.... i aint been right since :(.
  • andygb
    andygb Posts: 14,631 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    renegade wrote: »
    I have never seen a ghost but I do have Prophetic dreams;

I may have had a prophetic dream around December 1999. I dreamt that part of the celebration for the Millenium New year involved a Concorde flying low up the Thames, from Tower Bridge towards Westminster. I was there watching, but when it passed us by, it was on fire and crashed into the water.
    The Concorde crash happened in July 2000, about seven months later, and when you saw the pictures of it on fire, as it was gliding close to the ground, it resembled my dream quite a bit.
    I have not had any other dreams like this.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Sometimes i get 'feelings' that something aint right with one of my loved ones. I cant tell if its health wise or even emotionally but i know theres something wrong.

I had one last week only to find out that my middle son had broke his arm.:(

Over Christmas we spent a couple of days in our caravan in North Devon and i couldnt settle. I knew there was something unpleasant waiting for me for when i got back..... First thing when i got home was open my mail. It was a jury summons.
  • aliasojo
    aliasojo Posts: 23,053 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Judi wrote: »
    Sometimes i get 'feelings' that something aint right with one of my loved ones. I cant tell if its health wise or even emotionally but i know theres something wrong.

I had one last week only to find out that my middle son had broke his arm.:(

Over Christmas we spent a couple of days in our caravan in North Devon and i couldnt settle. I knew there was something unpleasant waiting for me for when i got back..... First thing when i got home was open my mail. It was a jury summons.

I get those feelings too.

I call my son whenever I feel weird about something (the one that's left home and lives with g/f now). I always tell him, 'I've got a feeling, don't know why but take extra care anyway'.

A few times he's called to say 'x,y, or z happened' and I then know that was what I was feeling odd about.

I also seem to know quite often when an important letter will turn up.

Very strange and not really of much use simply because the feelings are pretty vague and general. I wish I could get a feeling about the flipping lottery. :D
    Herman - MP for all! :)
  • cottonhead
    cottonhead Posts: 696 Forumite
    Options
    I used to think stuff like this was rubbish until I went on holiday to a rental cottage once and walking up the stairs had a feeling I was being watched or there was someone behind me. I have never had that feeling before.
    The night before we left a local person asked us where we were staying and when we told her she went all quiet. We asked what was the matter and she was reluctant to say but after asking repeatedly she told us that years ago a whole family were murdered in the cottage !!! I looked it up on the net and it was true. I am now convinced that houses hold feelings from things that happeded in the past.
    Yes perhaps as the lady passed away her spirt passed through the house on the way to wherever she was heading for next.
  • Absinthe_2
    Absinthe_2 Posts: 994 Forumite
    edited 2 March 2012 at 1:45PM
    Options
    I'm used to creaks from old houses, plus noises from birds in the attic, etc, as was brought up in the country.

So not unduly alarmed, but I had a terrifying experience (aged 14) whilst we were house sitting (as a family). I have no other explanation, apart from caused by some restless spirit. Takes a lot to spook me nowadays though (esp after that).

Is that all that's been heard? Perhaps best to ignore, and perhaps will fade away.
    Oh well...
    Sealed pot challenge no: 1770
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family