IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Roxburghe debt collectors A S Security - Parking fine

Options

Comments

• Homeagain
    Options
    Thank you so much bromsgrovebarry, The Slithy Tove and trisontana .... I will do what you all suggest and ignore the notice, not enter into any correspondence whatsoever and hopefully put this whole thing in the back of my mind. I wish you all a Happy Christmas and a great New Year. I'd certainly be lost without my 'friends' on this forum. :T
  • bromsgrovebarry
    Options
    You are most welcome. Expect all sorts of threats that have no more substance than a child threatening to blow your head off with his toy gun! Come back and post if anything worries you and I am sure you can put the money to better use than giving it to scammers. Have a good Christmas
    Still waiting for Parking Eye to send the court summons! Make my day!
  • kazerooney
    Options
    My husband dropped me for ten mins on 09/11/11, apparently in a car park that was controlled by AS Securi-t, unfortunately we were naive and didn't read any parking signs. No one approached our car, as my husband was sat in it for the whole ten minutes, we didn't have a parking ticket adhered to our windscreen. The first we knew about it was a letter from Roxburgh on 24/12/11 demanding £104. Today we received another letter from AS demanding £117.50 and a hand written PCN serial No. NP7510*** dated 09/11/11. Until the first letter from Roxborough we had received NO notification or correspondance.

I have spoken to the official receiver of AS Securi-t Ltd. whom informs me that they did go belly up last year, however, AS Securi-t (without the LTD) are still operational and legal, so this now leaves me confused as to whether I should pay or not, we were parked in an area that required a permit, although we did not realise at the time. What made me suspicious was that we had no PCN issued in the first place and no notification from 09/11/11 (the date of the event) - 24/12/11. Any advise would be appreciated, Thank you.
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes, just keep ignoring.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • kazerooney
    Options
    trisontana wrote: »
    Yes, just keep ignoring.

Thanks, Even though we were parked without a permit?
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    kazerooney wrote: »

Yes, permit or not they can only claim for the actual material loss they have suffered. In this case it's a big fat zero.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • bromsgrovebarry
    Options
    Follow the wise advice given above. I have faced down these private parking companies several times. Their Mickey Mouse charges are a scam
    Still waiting for Parking Eye to send the court summons! Make my day!
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,424 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    kazerooney wrote: »

Even if you had parked across two bays sideways, displaying a copy of the Beano as your 'permit' and stayed there a week we would tell you to ignore any private parking 'ticket' whatever the circumstances.

Not that we encourage bad parking of course but the whole PPC industry - without exception - is based around misleading and deceiving people into thinking they have a fine. Watchdog have covered it several times:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....php?t=3164256

Nothing else happens except the letters and maybe the odd phone call; no-one can send the boys round nor apply for a CCJ against you just because they allege you owe them money. They would have to win a Small Claim case first and they won't do that; you owe nothing at all.

You are perfectly safe to ignore this and the letters are all shown in the top thread by Crabman (PPC letters/threats). You can get a preview of what will arrive next and just play PPC snap with each letter.

It's nothing to worry about at all.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • esmerobbo
    esmerobbo Posts: 4,979 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    A lot of these A S Secui-t invoices are coming from Roxburghe without ever getting one from the originator.

They are now VP Parking Solutions Ltd t/as AS Securi-T who are on the BPA AOS, so why aren't they getting keeper details themselves?

Or is someone pocketing the invoices being paid on the dissolved companies invoices and contracts???
  • Ex-Employee_4
    Options
    Hey guys

I am ashamed to say i am an ex employee of these mugs. I am going to give u info on how to get on their nerves and get away with paying these so called parking notices. Try the following and i promise you that you will not part from a penny !!

1. Simply say u were not the driver of the car, everyone in the family is insured to drive the car and u do not know who it was.... they may say they are going to issue a " Norwich Pharmacal Order " basically means they will take you to court so u can tell judge who was driving.... never happens lol

2. Tell them it is not a " FINE " only an invoice, if they mention contract law simply reply that you want a copy of the contract, they will send pics of signs in the car park... if any.... then ask for a copy of ur signature to say u agreed to the terms of the contract..... they cant lol.

3. No ticket on the car wen u returned... they will send u a pic of ur car with a ticket (if they have one) in this rare occasion simply say prove to me that the officer didnt just stick a ticket on ur car take a pic and then take it off !! guess what ?!?! they cant.

There are many ways but No.1 is the most effective. It winds them up a treat lol... why am i tellin you all this ?? coz i have a lot of making up to do for all the people i rang up and annoyed. I left the company as i felt it was a farce and a scam. Dont ignore them... call them and show them ur not an idiot. fight back follow my advice and they will go..... oh and if Graham White call or write dont worry as its the same company lol

Peace out people

any advice on any other debts with these fools please gimme a shout !!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure