MSE News: Noddle to offer free credit reports

Options

Comments

• JimmyTheWig
    JimmyTheWig Posts: 12,199 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Looks like it's as and when their system decides, then!
  • natscat84
    Options
    Hmmm - just got mine and it's no way as detailed as the one I got from Credit Expert. Lots of stuff missing
  • nottoolate
    nottoolate Posts: 1,359 Forumite
    Options
    Looks like it's as and when their system decides, then!

i think saying on average once per month would be a more honest way for them to put it

cant really complain though as its free
  • nottoolate
    nottoolate Posts: 1,359 Forumite
    Options
    just looking at the dates mine was updated

14/02/2012
    03/01/2012
    08/12/2011

so yes. once a month +- about a week
  • MotorcyclesFish
    Options
    I personally love this site and don't care if it's not quite as detailed, it gives me an overview of what's going on. More importantly I hope it makes them some money from the ads as I don't want this facility to stop, I want it to put pressure on Equifax and Experian to offer free reports as well - they operate like absolute charlatans and this period of credit reports being a profit-making exercise in and of themselves has to end.

Well done Noddle and good luck for the future. I personally don't care if it's not quite exactly 30 days between refreshes, I sincerely doubt you have systems as powerful or a staff as numerous as the big two so I reckon this is just some smart load-balancing on the systems to make sure they're always available.

:T:T:T:T
  • JohalaReewi
    JohalaReewi Posts: 2,614 Forumite
    Options
    natscat84 wrote: »
    it's no way as detailed as the one I got from Credit Expert. Lots of stuff missing

That's probably because it is the data from CallCredit. They tend to have lots of stuff missing because it doesn't get reported to them.
  • Cell
    Cell Posts: 580 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I personally love this site and don't care if it's not quite as detailed, it gives me an overview of what's going on.

The detail is far, far better than Equifax's subscription based offering which doesn't give stuff like balances, payments etc in anything like as useful a format.

There is nothing at all missing from my record over the years, and it includes my interest free loans for Zebra Finance (season ticket loan) over the years which Equifax simply doesn't have.

The pain is that it's monthly, but this is a rare occasion where you do get summat for nowt!

I still don't understand why all data is not downloaded to all of the three CRAs by lenders. Their main purpose, after all, is to provide accurate and consistent data to lenders when they try to risk assess an application.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Its not bad for free,
  • Justicia
    Justicia Posts: 1,437 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    DCFC79 wrote: »
    Its not bad for free,

Totally agree. For the "price," it tells me all I need to know :)
    "Part P" is not, and has never been, an accredited electrical qualification. It is a Building Regulation. No one can be "Part P qualified."

Forum posts are not legal advice; are for educational and discussion purposes only, and are not a substitute for proper consultation with a competent, qualified advisor.
  • Cell
    Cell Posts: 580 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It tells me more than Equifax for £7.50 a month less.

In exchange for being free I accept that I can only update it once a month, but as a product it's far superior.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure