PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 12th December 2011

Options

Comments

• Mudbath
    Mudbath Posts: 5,479 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options

Mudders - you've made a cracking start!

Why thank you oh leaderous one! :rotfl:

Just need to sort the floors and i'm done. Getting up early has it's advantages but i'm shattered and ready for bed!

I've just gained an hour so going to sort floors then have a little s/s in the bedroom (that sounds slightly dodgy!!) :rotfl:xx
  • Mumto5
    Mumto5 Posts: 1,838 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm in this week. I spent all of yesterday washing and ironing and getting the decorations up.

Congrats to Pipersky on baby no 3
    Determination to get it finished vibes to CY's DD
    Smooth and complication free induction for Seafarers.

DD1 is off with the boyfriend and 2 friends for a holiday until Friday.
    DH is away until Wednesday. DS1 is still at DH's Parents (this situation is getting worse and worse). I have DS3's school play tonight and tomorrow and am scratching my head for a babysitter.

DS2 got man of the match in football yesterday and his dog walking job came to an end. The paper shop have rung with a paper round for him. His new nick name is Jammy James.
  • bonnie_bumpkins
    bonnie_bumpkins Posts: 1,245 Forumite
    edited 12 December 2011 at 1:55PM
    Options
    I have washing on the line, it's sunny and breezy!! Another load doing then some delicates and wools etc which I keep putting off.

Decluttered an hour talking to Mum earlier, after wishing my lovely Dad a happy birthday - he is 78 and apparently surrounded by bottles of liqueur and books, wearing his thermals with electric blanket round him & doing crosswords - so he is very happy indeed :D

Glad you are better and could finally celebrate mudbath
    Congrats on baby pipersky
    Positive-progression-of-photography-project vibes to CY's DD
    Hang on in there mumto5
    Glad you had a fab weekend wendywitch

Ok here goes this week!

Monday - kitchen and dining room
    level one
    Sweep and mop the floor
    Remove all kitchen/dining room hotspots into an empty box JUST THE ONE BOX? :eek: :rotfl:
    Level Two
    Wipe the work surfaces
    Wipe out the fridge and meal plan using up what’s in there
    15 minutes wiping anything that is grubby
    Level three
    Clean the kitchen sink
    [STRIKE]Empty and clean out your bins[/STRIKE]
    Polish the table

Extras
    DW/MW filters and drawers – do you have enough powder/salt etc to last over Christmas? YES I DO :T
    Polish the table
    [STRIKE]Put away appliances not being used to make space for Christmas cooking[/STRIKE] NO CHRISTMAS COOKING HERE - MUM DOING IT ALL THIS YEAR
    :A

My list:
    Make bread
    Defrost freezer
    Lightbulbs
    Iron curtain
    Sort recipes for vege bean meals

Love & hugs to all
    BBxx
    *If you have nothing nice to say... say nothing*
    "Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." Martin Luther King Jr
  • seafarers_wife
    Options
    ok kitchen is just about done apart from the floor, but will leave that to my mum and DH to argue about later. just out the shower and off to get dressed and then we are heading to the hospital. got a 3pm "slot" but thats right in the middle of visiting hours so leaving extra early and will plonk ourselves in costa for an hour or so rather than have to que for the car park.

mum is on the train heading down so its all good here.
  • Hellyboo
    Hellyboo Posts: 595 Forumite
    edited 12 December 2011 at 5:06PM
    Options
    Hi, made a good start on the kitchen, just sitting down for some lunch then will carry on with the conservatory which needs a HUGE sort out. Was going to make gingerbread with DS1 for his teachers but think I'll have to leave that until tomorrow as it means a trip to tesco for bicarb (used it all cleaing the sink!) and I really want the conservatory cleared today! Here goes:

level one

[STRIKE]Sweep and mop the floor
    Remove all kitchen/dining room hotspots into an empty box - 1 more to do[/STRIKE]
    Level Two
    [STRIKE]Wipe the work surfaces
    Wipe out the fridge and meal plan using up what’s in there[/STRIKE] Bottom of the fridge soup for lunch :rotfl:
    [STRIKE]15 minutes wiping anything that is grubby[/STRIKE]
    Level three
    [STRIKE]Clean the kitchen sink [/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Empty and clean out your bins[/STRIKE]
    Polish the table

Extras
    [STRIKE]DW/MW filters and drawers – do you have enough powder/salt etc to last over Christmas?[/STRIKE]
    Polish the table
    [STRIKE]Put away appliances not being used to make space for Christmas cooking[/STRIKE]

We're not here Christmas week so I'm not buying anything extra - so instead I fed the Christmas cake and made sure I have the right colour food colourings and enough icing.

Off topic, but does anyone know if going to the dentist is completely free if you're on income support or there's a charge still? last time I went I think I had to pay a little bit but that was on maternity leave so think it's different?
    So, there are these boys,
    They kinda stole my heart,
    They call me Mummy

WW 37lb (2 STONE 9lbs! :j ) lost since July, 11tybillion to go...
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi all; will be doing my best with the lists again this week, ready for young Sidney to arrive on Saturday.:o I'm glad Sid'll be here – next Monday will be the 1st anniversary of Mr LW's DSis1's death, and I think it's going to be a tough one for him.:(

I have to confess to feeling really down today; it's always bad this time of year – everyone else is getting all excited and looking forward to stuff, and I get the nightmares back big time.:( Y'see, Xmas was a thoroughly miserable time for me as a child; generally the most memorable thing would be trying to stay out of my father's way as best I could , to avoid getting hit; the most trivial thing would send him into a real rage, and I'd be the one on the receiving end.:(

We should've attended the local Moot last night, but I realised it was likely to be a Social as opposed to a talk, so I chickened out.:eek:

Anyways, enough, already!!:cool: Where's me list? Ah, here we go – thanks Dusty.:beer:
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Monday - kitchen and dining room
    level one
    Sweep and mop the floor Done by Mr LW:A
    Remove all kitchen/dining room hotspots into an empty box
    No hotspots:p – recycling bag is indoors for a last scout round for stuff before it gets put out for the bin men tonight.;)
    Level Two
    Wipe the work surfaces
    Wipe out the fridge and meal plan using up what’s in there Done

Level three
    Clean the kitchen sink
    Empty and clean out your bins
    Polish the table

Extras
    DW/MW filters and drawers – do you have enough powder/salt etc to last over Christmas? WM filter and drawer clean – I bought washing powder only last week, so we have a box in use + a spare, as is my habit.;) We don't have a DW.:o
    Polish the table
    To be done at Level 3 – I'm sure I don't need to do it twice!!:D
    Put away appliances not being used to make space for Christmas cooking
    Anything not immediately needed that's small enough to put away lives in the cupboard in any case!:o We shan't be doing any “exceptional” cooking, there's only the 2 of us + Sidney Schnauzer!:o
    [/FONT]

More Christmas Challenges for those who want them

Monday
    Meal plan for the Christmas week, do you need stuffing, cranberry sauce, what about crackers or party popper. Please share your meal plans with all of us!

Mr LW has requested nut loaf with roast roots and Marmite gravy;:drool: the nut loaf is made and sliced in the freezer, and he'll be stocking up with veggies from the market stall on Saturday (we sat and devised the F&V shopping list yesterday evening).;) I've made Xmas puds, so they can be portioned up and reheated easily. :oSorted!:D Oh, and he's got Thursday 22nd off, as we'll be up very very early that day to greet the dawn, and we'll be having our celebration meal that day.:o
    All organised then make something for the freezer for the New Year

It'll either be more nut loaf, or possibly toad-in-the-hole, depending upon what Mr LW prefers.:o Either way, everything is in place for ease of preparation already.;)

Now what else....

Ah yes, posi-vibes for CY's DD2; I bet the photography project will be brilliant.:beer:
    Congrats to Mumto5's DS2 on being Man of the Match:beer:
    Seafarer's I can't believe you're fretting about the kitchen floor! Get thee to the hossy and get that baby delivered!;):D
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Linda32
    Linda32 Posts: 4,385 Forumite
    Options
    Hello all,

level one
    [STRIKE]Sweep and mop the floor[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Remove all kitchen/dining room hotspots into an empty box[/STRIKE] Not really got one, but take out recycling and rubbish daily.
    Level Two
    Wipe the work surfaces
    Wipe out the fridge and [STRIKE]meal plan using up what’s in there[/STRIKE]
    Level three
    [STRIKE]Clean the kitchen sink [/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Empty[/STRIKE] and clean out your bins
    [STRIKE]Polish the table[/STRIKE]

Extras
    DW/MW filters and drawers – [STRIKE]do you have enough powder/salt etc to last over Christmas?[/STRIKE] - Yes

[STRIKE]Polish the table[/STRIKE]
    Put away appliances not being used to make space for Christmas cooking
    - N/A
  • bonnie_bumpkins
    Options
    (((((HUGS))))) lamewolf hope your Yule preparations and celebrations with the wonderful Mr LW - and Sidney!! - can ease past memories and make current happy ones stronger. xx
    *If you have nothing nice to say... say nothing*
    "Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." Martin Luther King Jr
  • Courgette
    Courgette Posts: 3,230 Forumite
    Options
    Hi ladies

Please may I join in yet again! :eek::o:rotfl: I think this might be my third attempt at getting a routine going this year, ah well!

I've done absolutely nothing for Christmas so I really need to get cracking with that. I start a new job in the New Year too so really want some sort of routine in place.

Have already done quite a bit of tidying this morning but dh is in bed as he's working nights so I can't vacuum which, trust me, really really needs doing!
    A reminder to myself: Persistence Pays Off ;):D :idea: :rotfl:
    Mortgage 1: [STRIKE]£95,000[/STRIKE] £78,900 at 3.1%
    Mortgage 2 (BTL): £83, 489.15 at 2.99% (I.O.)
    Savings (S&S ISA): £3000 Plus 6 months emergency savings earning 3%
  • Pernicious
    Pernicious Posts: 1,786 Forumite
    Options
    *Sneaks back in...*

Hi everyone :wave:

Please forgive me for I have sinned...& I have not kept up the good habits I was developing through the help of this wonderful thread!

The house is once again a tip, so I will at least be lurking here as much as I can (I really do need more hours in the day, wedding planning is taking up soooo much time these days along with xmas etc on the way).

Wish me luck :D

Seafarer's - Good luck :T
    :idea:Debt at July 2012: £12,862.57 :eek:
    :dance:Current Debt: £0 :j
    100% paid off!
    :think: Savings Goal for November 2016: £5000 :cool:
    :D Current Savings: £1176.24 _party_
    23.52% Saved!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories