PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 12th December 2011

Options

Comments

• greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,186 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    JoJo - if minion wants ironed bedding, can't she do it herself? It's a life skill :)
  • Rosetta92
    Options
    Mudbath wrote: »
    Welcome to the thread Rosetta92 - level 1 is a good place to start, don't try and do too much especially if you've been ill. Believe me, I didn't wake up at silly o'clock by choice - I don't do mornings but it keeps happening so now I just get up and get on....grrrrrr!;)

Thanks Mudbath. Will need to clear the floor before I sweep. Going to stop reading threads and make a start. Hope the early morning isn't catching up with you - perhaps a day for a siesta?

Take care

Heading off to get started ...
  • mummyroysof3
    Options
    LameWolf wrote: »
    I wish I had a fiver for every time I've done that! I hope you've had some sustenance now, though.:o

no but im pretty sure ill eat all my tea and allow myself pudding..stawberries and ice cream:j
    Have a Bsc Hons open degree from the Open University 2015 :j:D:eek::T
  • Mudbath
    Mudbath Posts: 5,479 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    LW - I just don't know if I can be bothered with the mad rush. I try and avoid shops in December as everyone is buying trolley loads of stuff and our local tesco is HUGE! I'll be there with my little pair of gloves behind 17 people with 93 trolleys each. Ok, slight exaggeration but you know what I mean!

Very glad I caught up with the washing today. DD has come home with stomach pains that are making her double over. Just waiting for the sickness bug to kick in - poor thing! xx
  • toochoosey
    toochoosey Posts: 7,370 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    HHI done , sorted through a load of clean underwear, all clothes put away and I've done HHS. Going to put the hoover round now and MAYBE do a bit more itoning!!! :-)
  • Dustykitten
    Dustykitten Posts: 16,503 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Another amazon order done.

Had to give DS2 one of his presents this morning, a half price hoody from Tesco, as he had no clean ones to wear. He was delighted with it and needs some thermal PJs so I'll replace it with those.

Who wants to mop their floors?
    The birds of sadness may fly overhead but don't let them nest in your hair
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    greenbee wrote: »
    JoJo - if minion wants ironed bedding, can't she do it herself? It's a life skill :)

You have a very salient point there, Greenbee.

I love ironed bedlinen, but got out of the habit of it a while back when I first started having problems with my shoulder. Perhaps I could get her to do her stuff as part of the pocket money jobs?

But then there's my kingsize stuff. I think all 4 foot 11 and 6 stone of her might have a problem with that.

Although it could be part of the new old Sunday night routine, similar to the one I had as a kid - although mine consisted of ironing, putting clothes away in the wardrobe and polishing my shoes to the sounds of Robbie Vincent playing soul music on Radio One.

I think that might meet with mutiny, though. And Robbie Vincent's now doing the Sunday Morning Soul slot on Jazz FM instead, so she has to suffer it then anyway. :D

:D

Ah well, I have slept off the painkillers and will be off out to the club in a minute. And KH shrugged his shoulders and said he's fine with what Minion wants to do for Christmas Day - no grumbling about the SM necessary, as he apparently CBA with jumping up and down and shouting this year (probably because there's plenty of that in his house, IYSWIM). :eek: [thud]

I will wring her neck myself if she keeps leaving her $$&@ all over downstairs, though, as I've just spent another half hour clearing it all onto her bed and she was only in for 25 minutes before he picked her up, anyway!
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • Maxonian
    Maxonian Posts: 651 Forumite
    Options
    Evening ladies. Thanks for the thread Dusty.
    I'm home from work. I am now going to do a mad half hour before I think about dinner.
    Yesterday is history
    Tomorrow is a mystery
    Today is a gift
    That's why we call it 'The Present'
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,186 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    JoJo - talk to hex about her steam press... That's what you need for kingsize bedding :D start her off with tea towels and pillowcases, because they're easy (she can give up doing tea towels when she's got the hang of shirts!) and at least you get ironed pillows. If she helps you fold the kingsize stuff you can fold it so that you iron it in sections. Not perfect, but better than just folded.
  • hex2
    hex2 Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    greenbee wrote: »
    JoJo - talk to hex about her steam press...

Love it, would starve to replace it unlike microwave etc :D

Last night I did all the ironing to nostalgic Five Penny Piece cd borrowed from my parents.

Greenbee - thankyou - I collected TWO parcels from the post office. No whining from me about nothing to read for weeks and weeks :A

So far I have been for a new tyre, trailed round BnQ, filled the WM with tyres, and cooked dinner. Is it bedtime yet?
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need' Marcus Tullius Cicero
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure