you know when all you lovely people give advice...

Options

Comments

• postingalwaysposting
    Options
    thanks tes, i think thats what i will do, then i can be debt free by the week after my holiday (i get payed friday :T) what shall i do about all the accounts that will be empty though :confused: this will mean i have my sainsburys account ava £500, my barclaycard ava £750 and my studio account (another thing i done for mum but its got a £0 balance) ava £500? I am posting the overdraft limit back tommrow, there is no way they are increasing that :p
  • tesuhoha
    tesuhoha Posts: 17,971 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    opps i forgot i have £45.00 stashed in a piggy bank here that is the money that mum and my brother has partilaly given back so the £95.78 for sainsburys is much less :j

I wouldnt leave that m oney lying around in the piggy bank if I were you; Id pay it off your card asap before anyone else realises its in there. In fact, hide it now.
    The forest would be very silent if no birds sang except for the birds that sang the best

• tesuhoha
    Options
    I would close down them all down once your debt is paid off unless you like to have a card for shopping etc in which case you could use a debit card or a credit card as long as you pay it all off each month. However, once debt free you might decide to go for the option of a cashback card. Thats good news from Gemmzie about the housing allowance isnt it?
    The forest would be very silent if no birds sang except for the birds that sang the best

• postingalwaysposting
    Options
    Gemmzie wrote: »
    Okay, so based on 38 hours at 5.70 I reckon your weekly take home pay is in the £164 - £212.99 bracket? Which takes £23.35 off the £45 per week which is roughly the current rate. If you get any fuels included in the rent then they take off a bit for that, so let me know if you've found somewhere and I can give you those figures too.

I think you'd get approx £20 housing benefit per week so £86 per month.

As for rent or deposits, which is what often holds people back, see if there's an ABC bond scheme in your area (I think you're near-ish to me which means you do). Basically it's given to the landlord like a promise that ABC will pay out in an instance where your deposit would be used.
    Some won't take it but more and more will because so few people have a spare £600+ to put down

thanks gem, at least i know i can get some type of help when i go it alone, if you read my latest posts i have decide to save for the deposit and the extra rent, so i am guessing i will need approx £1,300.00 if i can save at least £300.00 per month that will mean it will take me approx 5 months to complete, so that would take me to setember. unless i miss £200 off to do college ;) so it may be october? i think with perseverance and the knowledge that after just a few months i will be able to move will help me get to set/oct :)
  • postingalwaysposting
    Options
    tesuhoha wrote: »
    I wouldnt leave that m oney lying around in the piggy bank if I were you; Id pay it off your card asap before anyone else realises its in there. In fact, hide it now.

tes the said piggy bank (i have about 10) is hidden in my xmas cuboard and i have trouble reaching it, beleive me its safe :)
  • Tustastic
    Tustastic Posts: 2,096 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Posting, excuse me for butting in but I really admire the way you are slowly but surely sorting yourself out, with some excellent advice from your friends here.
    I think your escape plan is a great idea - you're very good at setting yourself goals and reaching them step by step.
    I do wonder though whether going straight from a noisy family home to lone existence in a flat all on your own might be very drastic. You sound to me like the dream lodger for someone who has a spare ensuite room in a spacious house - you'd both have your own space and privacy but still have the chance to say hi and take in each other's parcels.
    Meanwhile, I found this site on the web and thought you might be interested;
    http://www.ywca-gb.org.uk/bristol.asp
    All the best :)
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MoneySavingExpert Forum Team
  • Gemmzie
    Gemmzie Posts: 14,876 Forumite
    Options
    thanks gem, at least i know i can get some type of help when i go it alone, if you read my latest posts i have decide to save for the deposit and the extra rent, so i am guessing i will need approx £1,300.00 if i can save at least £300.00 per month that will mean it will take me approx 5 months to complete, so that would take me to setember. unless i miss £200 off to do college ;) so it may be october? i think with perseverance and the knowledge that after just a few months i will be able to move will help me get to set/oct :)

Definitely, and as I know your a long-term thinker (I am too), you can always go back to college and go part-time and get more help later :)

You're determined so I know you'll get there, best of luck
    No longer using this account for new posts from 2013
  • tesuhoha
    Options
    September will come around really quickly. Good luck. This is the first day of your new life because you made the decision today.

• postingalwaysposting
    Options
    I would close down them all down once your debt is paid off unless you like to have a card for shopping etc in which case you could use a debit card or a credit card as long as you pay it all off each month. However, once debt free you might decide to go for the option of a cashback card. Thats good news from Gemmzie about the housing allowance isnt it?

ahh no, i think i will close them all and do it this time :) i refer you back to my first post ;) i dont trust myself anymore, but i am baffled on how to word a letter i think i will have to pop over to the credit card board ;)
    September will come around really quickly. Good luck. This is the first day of your new life because you made the decision today.

thanks tes, you and kath* have been so much help to me over the past months, i need to live my life how i see fit, not how others think i should, today i have decided something i never thought i could, i have wanted to see this day from when i started at makro sadly due to my debt and the family i couldnt do this... today is the first day of my life, thanks for all your support and encouragemnet i will pay you back some day, you are worth your weight in gold

sc0877dq.gif

*and all the others envoled, i thank you all
    t1zcheekkiss.gif
  • tesuhoha
    Options
    Pap, the way you will pay me back is by achieving what you want in life and by being happy. I too will then feel happy because I feel sad for you at the moment and I want to help you but cant do much. Pap, one day you will look back at all this and it will seem like a bad dream. You can only go forward from now on and I think you will. I can imagine you in your little flat with your cat or whatever and your nice meal laid out on the table with a glass of wine, maybe with some friends round - or sitting out the back of your garden/balcony looking at the view over Bristol - or just coming home on a winter's evening with your shopping and being cosy. You will love that freedom; keep a picture of it in your head for when times get hard.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure