you know when all you lovely people give advice...

in Debt free diaries
3.1K replies 89.3K views

Replies

• skintchickskintchick Forumite
    15.1K Posts
    Debt-free and Proud!
    I've only just seen this thread, and if you knew how many times I fell off the wagon before I got debt-free, you would NOt feel bad about your blip! Your cc bill is tiny compared to what mine could be!

Blips just make us more determined. Now you go, girl!
    :cool: DFW Nerd Club member 023...DFD 9.2.2007 :cool:
    :heartpuls married 21 6 08 :A Angel babies' birth dates 3.10.08 * 4.3.11 * 11.11.11 * 17.3.12 * 2.7.12 :heart2: My live baby's birth date 22 7 09 :heart2: I'm due another baby at the end of July 2014! :j
  • thanks piggin skint... just another step backwards i guess... may as well get it out of my system while young :rotfl:

Psykicpup... thanks i am not gettin on well with the change of carrer thing latley... i have been told i am not allowed the day off college i hoped for... so will sit down with my line manager when he is back wednesday as i am not paying for it iof i cant have the day off... and basically i have come to the knowledge that i will be in this job for at least another year or too and i dont like that thought :o

skintchick :grinheart

well i still havent heard back from sainsburrys... my balance has gone down a little bit on the barclays card (dunno why) and the tax office still hasnt sent my cheque back :mad: i have just been payed this week and to be hoest i dont know if i want to spend any of it... even going for my driving lesson tommrow is putting me off... i dunno i just wish sometimes someone else can sort all your finances out for you :rotfl: not been happy the last week with everything... i am back to surviving again... if i could go into hiding for a year i would :) anyway... tommorows another day...
  • Sorry to hear you feeling a bit overwhelmed pap. I hope you enjoy your driving lesson tomorrow and don't feel too guilty - things like that (and studying) are an investment in yourself not a waste of money! I know what you mean about someone else sorting out the money for you, but you can do it, we all know you can!

I also hope you manage to get something sorted about having time off for studying, I don't know if you're the same but the thought of moving on from my current job is the only thing that makes me keep going and actually enjoying it (strange as that sounds!)... I know that it won't be forever. Tonight I've been looking at this open university course, looks like just what I'm after to make my qualifications a bit more relevant to Midwifery! Being in a job that won't allow you to study is no good at all, you need something to keep you going, but then jobs can be hard to find can't they!

Good luck hun :)

Kath x
    Don't stress, relax, let life roll off your backs. Except for death and paying taxes, everything in life is only for now... Avenue Q
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 003 :DProud to have become debt free... and striving to keep it that way
  • tesuhohatesuhoha Forumite
    18K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    Dont worry posting. New cc accounts do take a while to come through and BTs can take about 10 days or more I think. Could the amount have gone down because you paid something last month? I hope it all sorts itself out soon, feel a bit responsible.
    The forest would be very silent if no birds sang except for the birds that sang the best

• thanks kath... driving is a sore subject... its about this time that all the driving instuctors drop me :o and this one is going that way too... thats the course i want to do once i go my maths gcse... the only way around having a set day off is if i go back parttime and have that day off all the time :confused: but my wages would take a huge drop :o

thanks tes... its not the amount of time thats annoying me its the not knowing and being in limbo... anyways... i will double check my account as see what they have put against this last drop in the overall ammont...

anyways another day :rotfl:
  • well i found it :rotfl: the day i posted this thread i payed off £50 using my debit card... so its £50 cheaper :T ish :rotfl:
  • another small update today i recived my pin number for my sainsburys card :think: but nothing else... btw this will be shreaded once i get my card etc etc so i dont know it so unable to use it :D
    18K Posts
    Forumite
    It wont be too long now as youve got your pin number. Fingers crossed you get the 0% but you should do as you applied through the link.
    The forest would be very silent if no birds sang except for the birds that sang the best

• good and bad news... my card and all the junk came through but the same day (today) recived a letter stating i didnt have enough balance for the transfer... sainsburys is £500... i knew it would be low... so i got on the blower and phoned them :rotfl: so i now have 0% for 5 months :rotfl: he says they will take the exact amount that i have asked for £446.39 so if i make any payments to that card from 3 days time i will be in credit :rolleyes: so i am now off to set up a standing order for the set amount ;) but the thing that tickled me was i had to activate the card before doing a balance transfer... cheeky :rotfl:

oh and i also got my tax cheque back after over a month... £239.05... but i think i will keep that for my holiday spends to save saving some next month and then i could try and chuck more at this new debt....

... oh and btw i am about to write a letter to barclays and cut up this new card... i have deffo learnt my lesson this time :rotfl:

Thanks to every one especially tes and kath t1zcheekkiss.gif
    18K Posts
    Forumite
    Posting, I am so pleased for you. It was worth the effort you made to get the 0%. You are now on track to pay off your debt and it will be stress free. Its very nice to see debt going down without any interest being slapped on it each month. :beer:

This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Fans demand refunds from Leeds Festival

...after Rage Against The Machine pulls out

MSE News

The 'Ask An Expert' event

Check out last week's energy-themed Q&A with MSE's experts

MSE Forum

Free museums & galleries

Where to get your culture fix across the UK

MSE Deals