you know when all you lovely people give advice...

in Debt free diaries
3.1K replies 89.3K views

Replies

• tesuhoha wrote:
    Posting, I am so pleased for you. It was worth the effort you made to get the 0%. You are now on track to pay off your debt and it will be stress free. Its very nice to see debt going down without any interest being slapped on it each month. :beer:

yes tes... thats what i am looking forward to... no intreset... i have just seen your thread on annual fees :mad: evil scum... i will be so happy when i send off a letter to this company to close my account :) it will make my day :) i feel like i am getting my own back :rotfl:
  • tesuhohatesuhoha Forumite
    18K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    Yes I didnt mention it to you as I didnt want to worry you.
    The forest would be very silent if no birds sang except for the birds that sang the best

• tesuhoha wrote:
    Yes I didnt mention it to you as I didnt want to worry you.

ohh its ok hun... £35 is better than the £100's i would have got from barclays... but the cheek of it :mad: all these companys they rip loads of people off are determind in whichever way possible to get money from people legally 'borowing' money :rotfl:
    18K Posts
    Forumite
    They have accountants working for them and you can just imagine them saying to them, can we find more ways of getting money out of our customers?
    The forest would be very silent if no birds sang except for the birds that sang the best

• tesuhoha wrote:
    They have accountants working for them and you can just imagine them saying to them, can we find more ways of getting money out of our customers?

certainly tes... and i bet thats what they did do... but the problem comes now that ever other credit card will do the same... but what do the call infrequent use... beacuse if they give a money value on it (ie £100 per month) then i dont see a way around it...but if they state 5 transactions per month you could just buy a loaf of bread or simaler 5 time a month... but this doesnt help if you have maxed the card or you have cut it up :rotfl: grrr if i can get hold of a c/c provider right now i will give them what for :rotfl:
    18K Posts
    Forumite
    Its okay to use it once or twice a month for a loaf of bread if you have a nil balance but the problem is with 0% - if you use the card at all, then the £3.00 you paid for the bread would be charged interest and you would have to pay off all the 0% balance first before you could touch that £3 with 17.9% on it, or whatever interest rate it is.

• tesuhoha wrote:
    Its okay to use it once or twice a month for a loaf of bread if you have a nil balance but the problem is with 0% - if you use the card at all, then the £3.00 you paid for the bread would be charged interest and you would have to pay off all the 0% balance first before you could touch that £3 with 17.9% on it, or whatever interest rate it is.

ahh didnt know that tes :doh: sorry... lets hope someone finds a solution :rolleyes:
    18K Posts
    Forumite
    So thats why you should never spend on a 0% card if you are paying off debt with it. I didnt realise you didnt know that, just as well we brought the subject up. Under no circumstances must you use that card; but youre going to cut it up anyway arent you?

• tesuhoha wrote:
    So thats why you should never spend on a 0% card if you are paying off debt with it. I didnt realise you didnt know that, just as well we brought the subject up. Under no circumstances must you use that card; but youre going to cut it up anyway arent you?

sorry tes i dont know much :o and yes its cut up :T :rotfl:
    18K Posts
    Forumite
    Please dont apologise posting. Why should you know such a thing? I only know because Ive read a lot of Martin's articles about credit cards and debt.

This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Ask An Expert: Rewind

Check out last week's energy-themed Q&A with MSE's experts

MSE Forum

Top theatre lotteries

How to grab £10-£25 tix for Cabaret, Matilda etc

MSE Deals