you know when all you lovely people give advice...

in Debt Free Diaries
3.1K replies 89.2K views

Replies

• tesuhoha wrote:
    Please dont apologise posting. Why should you know such a thing? I only know because Ive read a lot of Martin's articles about credit cards and debt.

very true tes... i do read some of his articles but most dont apply to me... this one being one (untill now) i will have to start looking at them :rolleyes:
  • Hi Pap... I haven't been around for a while... just want to say I'm so pleased you managed to get the balance transferred and the 0% offer! Good stuff :D
    Don't stress, relax, let life roll off your backs. Except for death and paying taxes, everything in life is only for now... Avenue Q
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 003 :DProud to have become debt free... and striving to keep it that way
  • kathfisch wrote:
    Hi Pap... I haven't been around for a while... just want to say I'm so pleased you managed to get the balance transferred and the 0% offer! Good stuff :D

thanks kath :grinheart
  • pigpenpigpen Forumite
    39.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    If it makes you feel any better, I just spent almost £400 on a new dishwasher because I hate mine.. the filters are rubbish, it keeps blocking, I spend more time rewashing the pots than if I simply washed them in the first place because it is so pants.. and I intend scrubbing mine up and selling it on!! It has some of the extended warranty with it so it should go ok... I have it on buy now pay later through my catalogue which I owe £200 to still.. so it won't start accruing interest until next February.. and I WILL have it paid off by then.... the biggy is... I've not told hubby yet!!

Total impulse buy because I was looking at them in curry's yesterday..

I'll forgive you if you forgive me?

And I transferred a portion of my debt on to a 0% interest c/card as well. I also cut up my other 2 cards AND my mothercare storecard I have had for 16 years!!! VERY proud of myself I was!!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    01/01/2022 £41653.68 (2.41% int.)
  • well dome pigpen for all the card cutting up... :T

well feeling a bit guilty today... about my holiday and such... the main reason is the money i have put aside for day trips/spending while there and its currently standing at £282.00 _pale_ i know i wont need that much even if i do keep £30 for the machines (my only vice that i will only do on holiday) and i look at my debt (which btw still hasnt gone onto the 0% card) and my car savings i just find it mad... why on earth did i book it? i am hoping to put some more items on ebay today to fund my car savings but if i didnt have my spending spree i would have had £728.00 for my car :doh: :wall: anyway... i have made my bed... off to do something productive :rotfl:
  • Oh PAP, don't beat yourself up all over again hun! What's done is done and you have a plan to resolve it... which you'll do in double quick time i'm sure! I've been fretting about how much I've spent lately and that I won't have enough saved for various things but it doesn't help to get too down, just focus on making as much as you can. I'm listing as much as possible on ebay tomorrow so fingers crossed for both of us!

Kath x
    Don't stress, relax, let life roll off your backs. Except for death and paying taxes, everything in life is only for now... Avenue Q
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 003 :DProud to have become debt free... and striving to keep it that way
  • nah kath not beating myself up just feeling guilty that all of you on here will not get a holiday due to debt and i will...

*sorry was out watching the moon*
  • nah kath not beating myself up just feeling guilty that all of you on here will not get a holiday due to debt and i will...

*sorry was out watching the moon*

Now that you do not have to feel guilty about!!! You worked so hard to pay off your debt and you're finding a way to afford the holiday (although obviously the money could also have gone on something else). I hope when the time comes you can enjoy the holiday without worry, get your money's worth!

And don't feel sorry for me hun... I'm saving for my time in america, I get 6 weeks to travel after I've finished working on the camp and I intend to make the most of it (in dfw style of course!).
  • kathfisch wrote:
    Now that you do not have to feel guilty about!!! You worked so hard to pay off your debt and you're finding a way to afford the holiday (although obviously the money could also have gone on something else). I hope when the time comes you can enjoy the holiday without worry, get your money's worth!

And don't feel sorry for me hun... I'm saving for my time in america, I get 6 weeks to travel after I've finished working on the camp and I intend to make the most of it (in dfw style of course!).

i understand that kath but there is always this little voice as though i have cheated in some way, i will have fun but this time i will be strict with myself as i frittered away money on the last holiday like £6 on 2 soft drinks :eek: that would not have happened at home and will not be happening again... i seem to always be wanting to treat my mum as she has never had treats (from her ex partner ~ my dad) and i just want to have some happy memories. Its one of those things i guess but i will have fun it will make a dent in my wallet but most of it will be payed for (spending wise) by the tax man :T

aww have a nice time in america, never felt the need to want to go there myself, but dont be to strict you may not get another chance, enjoy life while you are young :A
  • :T its gone :T at last sainsbury has taken the money from my barclay card :T now i just have to compose a letter for b/c to close the account
This discussion has been closed.
LATEST MSE NEWS AND GUIDES