Anyone had experience of a company/solicitor doing the work of reclaiming? (merged)

Options

Comments

• natweststaffmember
    Options
    NEVER EVER PAY ANOTHER COMPANY WHO WILL TAKE A CUT OF YOUR CLAIM TO DO SOMETHING YOU CAN DO YOURSELF....pffft pffttt tsk tsk tsk tsk
    I have not worked for NatWest Bank since February 2009

This username is no longer active.
  • gareth01422
    Options
    Hi guys

My friend at work told me about a company that will reclaim your unfair bank charges for a small fee. He sent all the forms in and got a cheque back from the bank with in 3 months. While he was waiting for the cheque i decided i should do the same. This is was all done back in May 2007.

Now ive lost my job and finding it hard to get another job.

Can someone tell me if there is anything i can do to speed up this process?

Gareth
  • deviil
    Options
    hi im new .. the other day i received a phone call on my mobile from a company called claim4gain r claimforgain based in blackpool asking me about my bank charges and how they can get them payed back in full for a small % of the amount after talking to me what seemed like hours about the court case that has just happened against the banks and how there % of getting money back is 100% so far the guy "steve" my personal adviser as he called himself asked about what bank im with blah blah blah wanted details off my bank card to start getting my money back ((ALARM BELLS)) he wanted the long number of the front the start date expire date and the 3 digits from the back of the card

is this legit i have not heard of any other court case other than the test and have not seen any conformation on this site r any other that the banks now HAVE to pay the charges back i was of the thinking that the official court hearing in in January 09

so 1 is this company legit
    r claims for getting ur bank charges still frozen till after the hearing r have i missed the hearing and the bank HAVE to pay me back right now???
  • Orford
    Orford Posts: 2,199 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    so 1 is this company legit
    In the sense that, are they doing anything unlawful, then no. But they won't get your charges refunded any quicker and will cost you a great deal of money that could be yours. Steer well clear
  • real1314
    real1314 Posts: 4,432 Forumite
    Options
    I can't see why they would need anything more than your name, account number, bank name and sort code.
    Once they asked for the 3 digit security number, I'd think they were trying to obtain money from the card.

Sounds v dodgy to me.:confused:
  • katinthehat
    Options
    Never give anybody your card details either by phone or internet, it's basically a licence for them to help themselves to your cash.

As for these firms who offer to claim the money back for you in my experience they are a waste of time. I tried using one and haven't heard from them for over 6 months?
  • cronkgarrow
    Options
    Hi people, long time listener, first time caller. :)

I've had a phone call from a company called Capital Plus apparently based in Swansea.

They want Seventy odd quid to carry on the process of claiming back my bank charges. I made a claim six odd months ago, but the bank have me on hold till their appeal is done - as I assume many others are.

What's bothering me is she kept claiming to be a government organisation - their website has a bizarre link to the ministry of justice that has no reason to be there. I've also seen on whocallsme.com that they ask for full bank details including security code. (I put them off coz I'm skint). Their fees differ depending on where you look in the website too.

So - anyone heard of them? They just scammers or what? As I'm typing this it all seems fishier and fishier - rather too good to be true. Especially as she guaranteed that I'd get all my money back and the only fee would be the setup fee at the start.
  • natweststaffmember
    Options
    They do not know the difference between UNLAWFUL(civil case) and ILLEGAL(criminal case). If they do not know the basics of Law why should you trust them. They are registered as a claims management company with the Ministry of Justice which DOES NOT make them a government organisation. It's a bit like me saying I work for the government because they are a major shareholder in the bank I work for. (I have a better claim then they do ;) )
    Do it yourself for FREE and please can you edit the link from your post please cos I would hate to anyone use them especially as they are not very good, imho.
    I have not worked for NatWest Bank since February 2009

This username is no longer active.
  • Hughesy85
    Options
    Hey guys / girls (1st post!)

I have recently put in a claim to get my charges back from my Barlcays account for the last 6 years (around £3,000)

Firstly, mainly due to not having the time I have passed it on to a company called [EMAIL="I-Sm@rt"]I-Sm@rt[/EMAIL] who do it on my behalf and take a percentage of the money reclaimed - has anyone on here used them before or any other simlar companies? I know that I should have done it myself but as I said, time is rare and so is trying to stay on top of timescales and incoming post so I came to the conclusion that reclaiming anything would be a bonus and that I am happy for someone else to do it for me who has already got the process down to a 't'.

I have received my statements backdating the last 6 years and I have forwarded them onto [EMAIL="I-Sm@rt"]I-Sm@rt[/EMAIL] who are now handling my claim.

I have seen many people on here talking about Natwest, Halifax etc... but not many people trying to reclaim from Barclays. Does anyone know if Barclays are chosing to do things differently or giving any other answers out whilst this court case carries on?

Thanks for your help :j
  • a7man
    a7man Posts: 365 Forumite
    Options
    Has anyone used these claim companies for missold PPI & unfair loan/ mortgage conditions that take about £500 up front then do all the work for you?

Any success? Any you would recommend?
    Living the good life spending all my money but loving it!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure