PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

A new 'tougher' thread... and so it continues

Comments

• kitschy
    kitschy Posts: 597 Forumite
    Morning all

Kidcat - sorry to hear your littlie is having problems at school :( Make sure you keep being heard - I'm sure being an ASD Mummy you're used to having to keep repeating your message to 'professionals' to get the help and support your son needs.

Not much to report here - set the wake-up light and it does seem to have made getting up at silly o'clock a lot easier. We'll see if it lasts :rotfl:
  • Softstuff
    Softstuff Posts: 3,086 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    By special request of GQ, here are a couple of biccie recipes for Christmas (I didn't dare refuse her, I can imagine how she is when she's short of sugar and it takes a braver person than me to stand in her way lol!)

Fruit Mincemeat Drops

100g melted butter
    1/2 cup raw sugar (or ordinary granulated)
    3/4 cup self raising flour
    1 egg
    1 teaspoon vanilla essence

Mix these well, until it forms a dough. Roll ping pong ball sized pieces, then smush them down on the baking tray with your finger to make an indent. Fill the little indent with a teaspoon of fruit mincemeat. Bake for 15 minutes at 180.

You can of course fill the indent with jam, or lemon curd, or honey. Or you can switch the vanilla essence for almond essence and pop a ball of marzipan in the indent. Your options are as unlimited as my weight gain will be if I keep baking like this....

These are ridiculously fast and easy, freeze well and keep for up to a week.

Spiced Christmas Cookies

1 cup plain flour
    1/2 cup sugar
    1 tsp cinnamon
    1/2 teaspoon mixed spice
    75g butter
    1/4 cup honey

Cream the butter, sugar and honey. Add the flour and spices, mix well. Chill for 30 mins (or freeze if you want some ready to bake dough), roll out, cut, bake for 10 mins at 180.

Hope that helps someone.
    Softstuff- Officially better than 007
  • charlies-aunt
    charlies-aunt Posts: 1,605 Forumite
    edited 14 December 2011 at 8:41AM
    kidcat wrote: »
    Today matters reached a head wen we were in school and saw a boy grab him by the neck, DS bit him. Now DS is in trouble with school and had all privileges removed.

His behaviour since has been appalling as he is really upset and angry that these boys keep hitting him.

Am now exhausted and looking forward to the break next week.

(((hugs))) to you and yours. My heart goes out to you.

My shy & gentle DD2 was bullied unmercifully (physically, being excluded, name calling - the whole range) by two nasty girls throughout junior school - I'm afraid that it didn't end well as I marched round to their houses and threatened both of them which got me into hot water with their parents but I was at the end of my tether....never have I felt so helpless to help her.

School were worse than useless - denied that any problem existed - we were blowing the situation out of proportion - just 'schoolday larks' and DD2 was hypersensitive and had to learn to 'ignore' it all.

At 20 - she is still bears the scars.

Both of the girls have gone on to regular court appearance, tagging and suspended prison sentences for ASB and public order offences - they will never change.
    :heartpuls The best things in life aren't things :heartpuls

2017 Grocery challenge £110.00 per week/ £5720 a year

• Softstuff wrote: »
    By special request of GQ, here are a couple of biccie recipes for Christmas (I didn't dare refuse her, I can imagine how she is when she's short of sugar and it takes a braver person than me to stand in her way lol!)

Hope that helps someone.

You have to tempt a girl haven't you, there was me resisting christmas baking yet, thinking well no room in freezer and hubby would only scoff the lot so I will leave it till next week then you go and post these and I can almost taste them so I have to taste them for real so I will now have to get out this pit I call a bed and get into the kitchen and bake, you are a real slave driver you are ....mumble. mumble some people. mumble mumble tempting a soul ..mumble mumble :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Need to get back to getting finances under control now kin kid at uni as savings are zilch

Fashion on a ration coupon 2021 - 21 left
  • kidcat
    kidcat Posts: 6,058 Forumite
    Thanks everyone for your support, after a really bad night with DS I have decided to keep him off school today and then to go into school and wait to speak to the head, (bit iffy on the governor thing because i am one!!) today I also have a meeting at school to discuss the ASD provision with the people who are auditing it so have a chance to make a point. I feel like i have stepped back in time two years to when he was his last school and the horrors therein. This time I am much more armed with knowledge and at least have a clearer idea of how it should be, after all the infant group was amazing and extraordinarily well run.

HUgs to all today whether you need them or not, I reckon in this cold weather hugs are always a good idea. :)
  • Rowan9
    Rowan9 Posts: 2,208 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Morning folks.
    About to venture out into the windy and wild day.
    Mardatha - what a wind eh? We're near sea level and it's bad enough here. Hope you're managing ok with it and that RV got home ok.
    Kidcat - thinking of you and your DS. Horrible thing, bullying.
    Softstuff - thanks for the recipes, as always. Will make them at the weekend. I don't expect they will last long!
    3 more days until I finish for Christmas break. Love the solstice side. A lot of us on here I think.
    Not many more days of dark mornings until it begins to turn and then - how many more minutes day light do we get per week? Someone on here knows, I remember! Ah GreyQueen, that reminds me, insomnia AND a forgetful brain are common meno symptoms! My GP said insomnia and joints are the 2 most commonly presented symptoms she sees.
    Hoping for rays of sunshine in all your lives today:)
  • Plenty of hugs to you Kidcat and thought are with you for extra strength Good Luck :)
    Need to get back to getting finances under control now kin kid at uni as savings are zilch

Fashion on a ration coupon 2021 - 21 left
  • Softstuff
    Softstuff Posts: 3,086 Forumite
    You have to tempt a girl haven't you, there was me resisting christmas baking yet, thinking well no room in freezer and hubby would only scoff the lot so I will leave it till next week then you go and post these and I can almost taste them so I have to taste them for real so I will now have to get out this pit I call a bed and get into the kitchen and bake, you are a real slave driver you are ....mumble. mumble some people. mumble mumble tempting a soul ..mumble mumble :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

:T:rotfl:

These are just to tide you over until next week. Personally I've just put a jam roly poly (with real suet) in the oven to tide me over, but am doing the serious baking next week....

Now, most of you know how much baking I do weekly, so when I say serious baking, I mean serious baking :rotfl: Mince pies, fruit mincemeat drops, biscotti, spiced biccies, Christmas cupcakes...

Oh, and sweeties next week.... walnut meringues, peppermint creams, vanilla walnut fudge, peanut butter balls, honeycomb, rocky road....

Ahem :o

They're mostly not for me (other than what I eat whilst packaging), but these are most of what I give as gifts.

Good luck with the headteacher Kidcat, fingers are crossed here.
    Softstuff- Officially better than 007
  • grandma247
    grandma247 Posts: 2,412 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Good morning all. It was very windy here last night and is still a bit windy now but not as strong.
    Silly people round here put their recycling out last night and we could hear the boxes and even wheelie bins being thrown around by the wind. There will be a horrible mess for the sweeper to clear up tomorrow.

(hugs) Kidkat bullying is a horrible thing and it is not getting any better it seems.
  • Kidcat. I'm sure you do this anyway but visibly take notes and as at any meeting refer back and sumarise at the end of the meeting to any action points. It's often amazing how this helps focus the mind of the other party.
    C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z Able Archer
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport