The "Pay ALL your debt off by Xmas 2012" challenge

Options

Comments

• Miss_Information
    Options
    That challenge sounds like a good idea. I came so close to buying some chocolate today but I resisted! Now with this added incentive I definitely won't buy anything for the rest if the week.

Although right now I could really do with something sweet!!
    :) Lightbulb moment Nov 2011 :)
    Pay off my debt by Xmas 2012 Challenge #038 : £699.33 / £2529.33 (26.46%)
    Overdraft @ pay day: Oct: £-733.90 Nov: £-662.01 Dec: £-306.61 Jan: £-147.86 Feb £-73.84 Mar: £+367 :)
  • salkunh
    salkunh Posts: 32 Forumite
    Options
    Well as the shops closest to my house are now closed, I can officially class today as my first NSD. Am hoping that with the things in the cupboard I can go the entire week without spending anything.

I've taken a moneybox into work as well to sit in my friends desk drawer so that whenever I think about going to buy chocolate / coffee / crisps / toast I can put the money into the money box as if I had bought something. That way I'll have the money saved up and won't be tempted to waste a NSD by buying something I don't need :)

Also just taken a load of pictures to sell things on ebay, but the Royal Mail postage calculator seems to be messing me around and won't calculate the cost of postage :mad: grrr!
    Deleting everything to make sure MoneySupermarket don't get any of my personal details to sell to following Martin's sell out move :money:
  • plum44_2
    plum44_2 Posts: 124 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I'm going to have a go. I paid off 17k this year and I have 17k to go. I just refuse to fritter it away now-I'm soooo tight these days and it all goes on paying off debt. Having said that the £21 artificial tree I've just bought is a bit weedy!
    LBM Nov 10 owing £34,043 - (DMP with Stepchange)

Finally debt free 14/12/12:beer:
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hi Plum, can you tell me how you acheived 17k thats amazing, I have £40,000 to clear,just joined this challenge today, so all help and tips greatly recieved.:o
  • Xandersmum
    Options
    Ooh - Count me in!! Our Mortgage fixed rate is up the end of next year and would love to negotiate a better deal saying we owe nothing!!! Owe £7700 to the Mil and £1250 on a CC so put me down for £8950 please!!

Make £10 a day June 103.04/300

Declutter 2018 in 2018 3/2018

• kerri_dfw
    kerri_dfw Posts: 4,556 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Welcome xandersmum, salkunh, plum44

NSD for me today =) that's my 3rd since my LBM. My late nights of web surfing have just caught up with me as I fell asleep with laptop on chest poised to type between now and my previous message, oops!
    Diary: Getting back on track for 2013 and beyond
    DEBT FREE 13-10-13 :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:
    Beautiful daughter born 11.1.14
    Mortgage: [STRIKE]£399,435.91[/STRIKE] £377218.83
    Deposit loan from Dad: £9000[STRIKE]£10000[/STRIKE]
  • Malmol09
    Options
    Best put me down for £17,700....:eek:

It's certainly going to be a challenge, but why not have a little wee go!!! Committing it to paper might inspire me to do myself proud!
  • kerri_dfw
    kerri_dfw Posts: 4,556 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi Malmol09 and welcome. First step done, onto step two challenges and debt busting whoop whoop =)
    This weeks mini challenge is to not buy any chocolate or sweets, instead put the money in a pot or similar and at the end of the week put it towards paying off a debt. You don't have to join in though it's just for fun. Mf0u will be along to allocate you your very own number soon.
    Diary: Getting back on track for 2013 and beyond
    DEBT FREE 13-10-13 :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:
    Beautiful daughter born 11.1.14
    Mortgage: [STRIKE]£399,435.91[/STRIKE] £377218.83
    Deposit loan from Dad: £9000[STRIKE]£10000[/STRIKE]
  • mf0u1098
    mf0u1098 Posts: 1,595 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Firstly a big WELCOME to our new members:

plum44
    Xandersmum
    Malmol09

I'll add your names and amounts to the 2nd post! Glad to have you on the team.

Secondly, Kerri_DFW GOT TO BED!!!!!!

xxx
    New Debt Journey: Pay off £19,622.91 by 30th April 2015 :T

Debt at Highest: £43,073 :eek:
  • SEASHELL
    Options
    After joining the thread a couple of nights ago I decided to go sit down and make sure I had included all my debts. I hadn't :o I have 16,563 worth of debts instead of 13,000. Initially I was really upset and wanted to give up but I've given myself a good kick and decided onwards and upwards is the way to go. Gonna sit down over the next few days and work out a plan of action.

Have spent the last couple of days crying my eyes out but tonight I'm feeling a bit more positive. At least now I've finally faced up to my situation and can do something about it, I hope

Sorry for dragging the thread down :o,I will definetly be joining in with this weeks challenge :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure