🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

The "Pay ALL your debt off by Xmas 2012" challenge

Options

Comments

• kerri_dfw
    kerri_dfw Posts: 4,556 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    mf0u1098 wrote: »
    Secondly, Kerri_DFW GOT TO BED!!!!!!

xxx
    I'm on my last survey whilst watching vampire diaries then I promise beddybyes.

Seashell don't worry we all have off days and I'm glad you're back. You haven't dragged the thread down at all :) xxx
    Diary: Getting back on track for 2013 and beyond
    DEBT FREE 13-10-13 :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:
    Beautiful daughter born 11.1.14
    Mortgage: [STRIKE]£399,435.91[/STRIKE] £377218.83
    Deposit loan from Dad: £9000[STRIKE]£10000[/STRIKE]
  • SEASHELL
    Options
    Thanks Kerri , I'm not usually a negative person but been facing up to alot of bad stuff over the last few days. My rose tinted specs are well and truly off now so am raring to go :D xx
  • mf0u1098
    mf0u1098 Posts: 1,595 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    SEASHELL wrote: »
    After joining the thread a couple of nights ago I decided to go sit down and make sure I had included all my debts. I hadn't :o I have 16,563 worth of debts instead of 13,000. Initially I was really upset and wanted to give up but I've given myself a good kick and decided onwards and upwards is the way to go. Gonna sit down over the next few days and work out a plan of action.

Have spent the last couple of days crying my eyes out but tonight I'm feeling a bit more positive. At least now I've finally faced up to my situation and can do something about it, I hope

Sorry for dragging the thread down :o,I will definetly be joining in with this weeks challenge :D

Oh Seashell I just want to give you a massive hug! I'm so proud of you for coming back. It takes an amazing amount of courage to face up to something like this and we all go through the same emotions. At my highest I had 43k in loans/cc's and overdrafts + about 23k in student loan + £47k of mortgage... I've had some sleepless nights I can tell you! My friends all told me to declare bankrupcy and get rid of all the debt but I couldn't do it, not when I had the ability to pay it back albeit in small amounts every month.

I had my name taken off the mortgage so that's gone now and I've paid about 3k off my student loan through my wages. I've also got my unsecured debt of 43k down to under 16k so I'm getting there. Only I can get rid of this debt and just like weightloss it will take time and effort and sometimes it will be chuffin hard but we cannot let the debt win! We can all do this and pay off this debt I promise you. You have done the right thing in turning this into a positive, we're all here to support you xxx
    New Debt Journey: Pay off £19,622.91 by 30th April 2015 :T

Debt at Highest: £43,073 :eek:
  • mf0u1098
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    mf0u1098 wrote: »
    Firstly a big WELCOME to our new members:

plum44
    Xandersmum
    Malmol09

I'll add your names and amounts to the 2nd post! Glad to have you on the team.

Secondly, Kerri_DFW GOT TO BED!!!!!!

xxx

You can tell it's late, I was either going for Go to bed or Get to bed and obviously combined the two!!! Oops...

• kerri_dfw
    Options
    I can't do it I have to open the Galaxy... this week is going to be tough. Last episode of TVD then bed. Night all xx
  • SEASHELL
    Options
    Thank you so much mf0c, at the minute I seem to be wavering between being super positive and then being super negative. I'm so upset with myself, I'm 43 years old never had debt until a couple of years ago. Like you I've been told to go bankrupt but that feels like I'm dodging responsibilty so will do my upmost to not let that happen.

Life starts NOW for me and my dd :)
  • SEASHELL
    Options
    Night Kerri
    Enjoy the Galaxy :p xx
  • mf0u1098
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    SEASHELL wrote: »
    Thank you so much mf0c, at the minute I seem to be wavering between being super positive and then being super negative. I'm so upset with myself, I'm 43 years old never had debt until a couple of years ago. Like you I've been told to go bankrupt but that feels like I'm dodging responsibilty so will do my upmost to not let that happen.

Life starts NOW for me and my dd :)

Absolutely SEASHELL. I'm trying to view getting rid of my debt as a game and not as a long hard slog... I'm saving £2, £1 and 20p coins, I'm doing NSD's and taking in lunches rather than buying them. When my brain is telling me I simply HAVE to buy something I imagine paying my last penny of debt off and the feeling after it's done. It stops me from buying that item as nothing will make me feel as good as that day. xxx

• mf0u1098
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    kerri_dfw wrote: »
    I can't do it I have to open the Galaxy... this week is going to be tough. Last episode of TVD then bed. Night all xx

Night Kerri xxx

• kerri_dfw
    Options
    Thanks Seashell, I just realised I have enough points from mysurvey surveys for a £10 amazon voucher, only took a few weeks yay. That's £15 in vouchers towards OH's e-reader xmas pressie, he said I'm not allowed to spend money on him so I'm finding ways to get it for free.

If you ever feel down Seashell, we're here to support you. Just take a deep breathe and splurge with your fingers =) *hugs*
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income