Aldi - what to buy?

Options

Comments

• recovering_spendaholic
    Options
    p-pincher wrote: »
    Just tried Stackers, aldis version of pringles and there loads better than actual pringles, the actual crisps are much thicker and substantial x

Sometimes I don't need to know stuff like this - just makes me fatter than ever!!
    Jane

ENDIS. Employed, no disposable income or savings!
  • mymerrywidow
    Options
    The things I am not so keen on are their coffee,tea bags, bread rolls, dog food and cream cheese.

:eek:why are you eating dog food?:eek::eek:
    life is like a loo roll. the nearer the end you get, the faster it goes.
  • lilrahi
    lilrahi Posts: 1,483 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Aldi is a bit of a mission for me. It either involves a bus, or dh's car or a 40 minute walk. But hubby kindly took me today and I got:

Crunchy nut equivalent
    Cream cheese
    Rice pudding
    Nappies
    Caramel wafer bars
    Pasta sauce
    Super 6 sweet potato which were 69p anyway with an extra 30% off so they were really 49p for 750g. Bargain
    Chocolate Viennese fingers.

I can attest that he Viennese fingers were to die for and as good as the leading brand which can cost more then £1.50 at times and it was only 79p. Haven't tried anything else yet but will let you know.

Oh yeah, I also got a roasted veg pizza for only 99p which looks so awesome which is gonna be dinner later on with a side salad and some reduced garlic bread from freezer.
    You'll have to speak up; I'm wearing a towel
  • Shellish
    Options
    The Salmon Wellington :j
  • Kittenkirst
    Options
    Their amaretto is fab too! Poured in your cOffee for a naughty indulgence or with coke- tastes identical to Disarrono! I bought a lot of their spirits (I agree cocobay is fab- espec with pineapple juice!) and they were all great & everyone at party loved them. (not too sure whether would be as good as branded if having rhen straight as haven't tried, but excellent with mixers!) ;-)
    First home- Oct’16 until June’21: £170.995- Overpayments made £13,784 (25% extra!).
    New forever home- Sep’21 £309,449 @ 2.05%. Plan to clear it before 30 years!!!!!!
  • lilrahi
    lilrahi Posts: 1,483 Forumite
    Options
    Oh yeah, I also got a roasted veg pizza for only 99p which looks so awesome which is gonna be dinner later on with a side salad and some reduced garlic bread from freezer.

Yeah so I lied, it wasn't roasted veg, it was grilled veg ;) but still very nice. I will definitely buy it again next time I go.

Caramel bars not so good. Prefer the 'normal' ones
    You'll have to speak up; I'm wearing a towel
  • moneylover
    moneylover Posts: 1,660 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Shellish wrote: »
    The Salmon Wellington :j
    What is that , and where abouts is it?
  • sukysue
    sukysue Posts: 1,823 Forumite
    Options
    yes where is the salmon wellington? Am thinking I really want to try that! Also their jaffa cakes are the best you can get we love them always buy their fruit shortcake biscuits as well and their frozen roast pots and roast winter veg had a trial run for christmas dinner see ( am feeding the 5000 christmas day )! Can really vouch for the turkey crown it was delicious and we find they sell like....... well turkey at christmas!
    xXx-Sukysue-xXx
  • sukysue
    sukysue Posts: 1,823 Forumite
    Options
    Amaretto and cocobay( hmm sounds wonderfull) is calling me I think I just found 2 pressies for mumma (me)!
    xXx-Sukysue-xXx
  • Shellish
    Options
    moneylover wrote: »
    What is that , and where abouts is it?

Sorry I can't put links in yet. Its salmon in pastry with a delicious prawn sauce. Its £3.99 in the freezer. My friend used to spend a fortune on an M&S version for Boxing Day and she says Aldi's is just as delicious. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure