Countdown to Freedom

Options

Comments

• Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    Miraculously no fire required this evening :)

DS has had left over curry, I've had beans/toast - Tilly household really are living life on the edge ;)

Night Tilly xxx
    2004 £387k 29 years - MF March 2033:eek:
    2011 £309k 10 years - MF March 2021.
    Achieved Goal: 28/08/15 :j
  • misscousinitt
    Options
    So sorry to hear about your friend - but glad her send off will be a celebration rather than a gloom-fest (much like my godmother that passed away 4 months ago).

Plans are coming along nicely - all very exciting.

Another request for hummus recipe here!!

(((hugs)))

MCI x
    Mortgage Free x 1 03.11.2012 - House rented out Feb 2016
    Mortgage No 2: £82, 595.61 (31.08.2019)
    OP's to Date £8500

Renovation Fund:£511.39;
    Nectar Points Balance: approx £30 (31.08.2019)
  • themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,902 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited 12 August 2016 at 4:08PM
    Options
    Very sorry to hear about your friend Tilly, but echo what others have said about a fitting send-off.

Have finally got to the end of your diary - you've been on an incredible journey over the last 5 years! Utterly amazing and inspiring and it's so good to hear about your plans and renovations in Portugal - it just shows that anything is possible, even getting rid of a £300k mortgage!!

Will continue to read with vicarious pleasure about your future farm! :D

ETA: The RM surveys - I signed up 6 weeks ago and they said I'd been accepted (on completion of the form, no email) but I haven't heard anything... should I be reapplying or do they just take forever to get in touch?
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    TheMadVix - RM surveys - always slow to get in touch. They will though - once you've been accepted you roll on and off as they 'use you/rest you'.

I think we are on our 5th cycle now - it's been brilliant for eBay sales as postage hasn't cost us anything bar the odd penny or two :)

Quick update - never never never put stuff in your loft. We emptied, sorted, exited ( CS, eBay, tip) the loft in the early days of my diary. I swear that I must have dreamt that.

Up at 6am, ironing done, guest bedroom cleaned, washing on line. Loft emptied OMG - I think the boxes have been mating and creating box babies :rotfl:

DD is coming home this morning and will sort hers.

Someone posted on Friday that they are collecting toys in this area - excellent. That will be a boot full.

Tilly xx
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    What a day.

Loft has 60% ish more floor space. Kids have been FAB and sorted everything they've touched. Still more to go but will tackle that next week.

EBay listing already started. CS stuff ready to go and donations sorted for homeless. Mr T has been to the tip 3 times 😉

DS has gone for a nap.

I'm afraid all good intentions for dinner are out of the window. Mr T and DD have popped to Morrisons for a takeaway in a bag.

I complained to Mars about well in date but AWFUL Revels and have received £4 in vouchers.

Have closed my Halifax account as they turned me down for a CC. Near perfect credit score and they turned me down.

Stuffed marrow tomorrow night - annual meal which I love and others put up with. Can't wait.

In Greying style - today I am thankful for good friends who never judge but are there when you need them. Council refuse services - Tilly household have taken advantage today and finally for MSE - I've made solid RL friends and great virtual friendships through these ether channels

Tilly xxxxx
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Sounds great Tilly - great to 'see' you so composed organised and just ploughing through the list of things to do, but with joy

Xx
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    Evening, I'm not sure where this week is going - flying by.

Updates - more stuff selling on eb@y - really clearing stuff out now and it will make our move much easier. I promise I have not purchased anything else :j

I am investigating floor tiles as I/we want to have the same inside and out around the house. That way the bedroom French doors will lead directly on to the terrace and I'm hoping for that outside inside feel. Plus the wide windows in the sitting room - two windows that open and slide left and right across non opening window (does that slightly make sense and don't ask for a drawing Gally can confirm I'm USELESS) should really help the terrace and sitting room to glide (?) into each other. Very excited about this aspect . Underfloor heating (savings pot ready) to consider in terms of tiles too.

iPad about to die
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I'm hoping for that outside inside feel. Plus the wide windows in the sitting room - two windows that open and slide left and right across non opening window (does that slightly make sense and don't ask for a drawing Gally can confirm I'm USELESS) should really help the terrace and sitting room to glide (?) into each other.
    Yes I can confirm Tilly's architectural drawing skills are em....... not very big :rotfl:. Am struggling to picture it tbh as I'm sure everyone else is, best I pop over on behalf of everyone so I can do one of my renowned technical drawings :D.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    Options

Have closed my Halifax account as they turned me down for a CC. Near perfect credit score and they turned me down.
    Tilly xxxxx

A bit late, I know, but my lost my voice (chromebook was in for repair),

Seems H@lif@x have problems with their computer system. know someone who applied for a remortgage with them - only code didn't come through on time, so reverted to SVR -they complained, got compensation, and re- applied the following month, only to be refused !!! - no change in circumstances - they phoned them and was advised to re-open complaint, as it had clearly not been resolved.
    Always have 00.00 at the end of your mortgage and one day it will all be 0's :dance:
    MF[STRIKE] March 2030[/STRIKE] Yes that does say 2030 :eek: Mortgage Free 21.12.18 _party_
    Now a Part Timer from 27.10.19
  • themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,902 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Thanks for the info about the RM surveys Tilly, I guess I just wait!

House plans sound excellent (I'm rubbish at picturing things anyway, but you got my attention with underfloor heating!).

Hope you enjoyed the stuffed marrow :)
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback