Countdown to Freedom

Options

Comments

• gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Karmacat wrote: »
    Ooh, Tilly, since you've cracked the HM hummus, would you please post your final version of the recipe on here? Smoked herbs and all sound wonderful :)
    Seconded, I just can't get it right :(
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Options
    And Tilly, don't forget to utilise Silvena Rowe's tip regarding hummus - pop a couple of ice cubes in as you blend it - it makes it lighter and fluffier. Does rather depend on the robustness of your processor, but definitely makes a difference.

Greying X
    Pounds for Panes £3,005/£10,000 - start date Dec 2023

Coins for Camping (April) -  £10/£15  (Camping TTD - £60/90)

Grocery spend April £214.28/215
    Non-food household spend April £29.23/25
    Bulk Fund April 0/£10

Knitted items for charity 1/24 (inc. Blankets 1/6)
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,712 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Your message box is full, you popular lady!
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    Morning,

What a week so far. Estate agent round to value house and discuss options. Definitely retaining and letting out. It has been an excellent investment and when we remortgaged years ago, enabled us to buy in Portugal. We need to put money aside for keeping the property smart - bathrooms, kitchen etc and I'm starting a savings pot to cover future costs of letting ;)

It will be let empty and operation declutter is ongoing - I may have just have bought another bl@@dy leather armchair - I am so banned from eb@y :rotfl: Declutter is the small stuff. I've done the MK approach and it is brilliant. It's time again to revisit and do more, just because we loved something last time, doesn't mean we are still in love with it. Time changes everything......

Sad news this week about a very good friend who has lost her battle with the big C. She fought extremely hard for 3 years. What she did leave behind was a legacy of memories and I am truly grateful.

DS will be leaving home in a couple of months. Set for a long training programme and then a life serving his country. I'm grateful to ex SAS chums who have guided him well and are going to mentor him.

I will dig out the hummus recipe - Jamie Oliver :)

Off to make a SW curry now

Tilly xxx
    2004 £387k 29 years - MF March 2033:eek:
    2011 £309k 10 years - MF March 2021.
    Achieved Goal: 28/08/15 :j
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,712 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Sending you hugs and prayers for your friend. x
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Options
    Sad news Tilly. Sending hugs.

Fortune x
    Mortgage: 86% paid Mortgage Neutral: 100% Emergency Fund: 100%
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    Morning, I just may have sent Gally a pic of my sitting room last night - WITH THE FIRE ON :eek::eek::eek:

Grey sky in mid August :(

On a slightly oddly happier note details of funeral are in and it's going to be a real celebration. Balloons with messages, only brilliant coloured clothing, live band - ok, she was a very arty person and did plan it - what a wonderful way to go out. She was also a very strong Christian and that faith kept her going.

Dinner this evening is left overs - Mr T will be on the train and back late. DS and I will be emptying the fridge.

I'm waiting for prices for a large gazebo to park under in Portugal. Will be lovely to keep the car covered - totally different challenges than the UK :rotfl: Hopefully this will be ready in October and we can pay them. Another job off the list. Next is to convert a BBQ, outside kitchen, shower area to a secure garden shed. I'm looking at a small roller shutter door to make the entrance is wide as possible. There's a lo to fit inside. As we will be having an outside kitchen built closer to the house we can do away with this one - it is much closer to the veggie garden.

I am collecting an armchair this morning. I have promised faithfully that I will not buy anything else - on an upside, I am selling enough stuff to cover the cost.

Best wishes Tilly xx
    2004 £387k 29 years - MF March 2033:eek:
    2011 £309k 10 years - MF March 2021.
    Achieved Goal: 28/08/15 :j
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The Portuguese plans sound so exciting! And stop buying! :rotfl:

Seriously though, I'm very sorry to hear about your friend - 3 years is a long time, but it sounds like her farewell will be a beautiful celebration.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your friend - but the funeral sounds as though it will be a beautiful celebration of her life :)

Portugal plans are terribly exciting - we're all living it with you! :D

Another request for the hummus recipe, please :)

xx
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Morning, I just may have sent Gally a pic of my sitting room last night - WITH THE FIRE ON :eek::eek::eek:
    True, she did. Lots of nice chairs in view, with more to come :rotfl:.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback