Countdown to Freedom

Options

Comments

• gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Money matters - I've been given a one off reward for performance, total surprise, so will be moving that to MOS.
    :T:T:T Well done you :T:T:T
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • muddywhitechicken
    Options
    :T:T:T well done on the recognition award - I can't believe that you don't get one every week!
    Mortgage at highest (April 2008): ~£195,000
    Mortgage-free: January 2021
    Retired: June 2022 (186 months early!)
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Options
    :T:T Well done Tilly :T:T

Greying
    Pounds for Panes £2,590/£10,000 - start date Dec 2023

Coins for Camping (April) -  £10/£15  (Camping TTD - £60/90)

Grocery spend April £214.28/215
    Non-food household spend April £29.23/25
    Bulk Fund April 0/£10

Knitted items for charity 1/24 (inc. Blankets 1/6)
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Fortune_Smiles Posts: 5,034 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Lovely to have your hard work recognised - well done :T

Fortune x
    Mortgage: 86% paid Mortgage Neutral: 100% Emergency Fund: 100%
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • Lois_E
    Lois_E Posts: 2,227 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Congratulations Tilly - richly deserved, I'm sure. :)
    Starting again 13/4/19
    Home loan 1: £21,102.50 Home loan 2: £7,698.99
    Total owed: £28,801.49
  • Pearla*Merle
    Pearla*Merle Posts: 1,611 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Great news on the surprise money! :T Well done :)
    a penny picker upper. MFW approx 78% to go | FIRE 3 years worth (30% savings rate: now aiming for 40%!) | Normality is a paved road; it's comfortable to walk, but no flowers grow on it | Whatever you're meant to do, do it now. The conditions are always impossible | The only thing you absolutely have to know, is the location of the library
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    Hi, thanks for your lovely messages, that was lovely to come home to :)

I must admit I was really surprised as we are rewarded annually based on co, business unit, team performance but its unusual to have mid term recognition. However, I do work like a nutter so it is refreshing to know its visible.

Back home a few minutes ago and only one call to go, then my day is done :T

Mr T is home tonight and I'm looking forward to catching up with him, whilst walking the dogs - probably via a pub methinks :)

Thanks for the PMs and I'll mail out the PC link. Good luck as it is an OK company to deal with, who reward/pay appropriately and quickly.

On a money front, NS so far, but if we walk the dogs to the pub, I'm guessing we will be a £5 down.

Have a good evening and I hope the sun is shining for you - it's glorious here.

Tilly x
    2004 £387k 29 years - MF March 2033:eek:
    2011 £309k 10 years - MF March 2021.
    Achieved Goal: 28/08/15 :j
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Well done on the mid term bonus and hope the pub was good :)
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    Thanks Brizzle, we had a great time. It's lovely to hear him talking about plans and the things he's working on now. He seems much more like himself again.

I'm just listening to radio 4 news and the increased need for food banks. It's so sad that our country is in this position. I tend not to be political in my diary but the benefits system really does need shaking up. Having lived in other countries and seen what little support is given, we are extremely fortunate to have a government who provides but the genuinely vulnerable need more help.

I'd better stop there :)

Work is as busy as ever but I'm crossing things off my list each day. There's too much to hold in my head so I finish my working day it's a list of key priorities for e next day :o

Money - It looks like we will finish my month - before Mr T is paid - with money in the current account still. May not be a lot but I want to have an 'untouchable' float in there and this is going to help. Mr T will be paid in a week - I'd forgotten it was bank holiday time, meaning I am paid tomorrow :T. My recognition won't be paid until next month but will move it straight away.

I'm joining SW to lose weight, I've got my voucher from B£lla (thanks for the tip) and had thought I'd do online due to work commitments in the evening, but in fact will join a group. I think it would be better for me and it may make me think twice about accepting evening calls.

Stuff for today - ironing still to do but my lovely kids did theirs yesterday :)

I need to check the menu plan and ask the kids to defrost stuff if needed.

Have a great day and we've missed the hump of the week due to Good Friday :T

Tilly x
    2004 £387k 29 years - MF March 2033:eek:
    2011 £309k 10 years - MF March 2021.
    Achieved Goal: 28/08/15 :j
  • Habibiboo
    Habibiboo Posts: 1,582 Forumite
    edited 17 April 2014 at 7:19PM
    Options

I'm really going through some changes at the moment and very much hope I can achieve some different things in the next year. There seems to be a world of possibilities and options which I didn't realise were there - I'm sure that's because I am living life at a slightly slower pace.

x

:wave:

I'm with you on this one Tilly, there's a lot to be said for slowing up and taking a good look at where you are in relation to where (a) you thought you wanted to be (b) where you really do want to be!

Change is a very relevant word for this time of life - no wonder they use it for that other context too!

:T well done on the bonus, the reward for a faster pace in the work area though!

;) Agree with the cuppa in the garden as soon as the sun comes out, trying to do this at least once a day on our garden bench. Chooks like the company too!

:cool: very interested to hear your heating's off already. We usually aim for 1st May but I think I'll wait till Easter break is over and OH back to nice warm work then I might put ours to bed early (only on for an hour morning and night at the mo but it does take the chill off). Can no longer light stove in work room because Mr Hbbb has moved his monster plant Into there for the summer and it won't like the heat, apparently!

Have a good rest of week, nearly the long weekend! :T
    Stash busting 2014 45 / 60 (balls of yarn)!
    2014 Sealed Pot #2136 ?/£500
    House: Decluttering 322 / 365
    Original mortgage [STRIKE]£149,000[/STRIKE][STRIKE]£117,750[/STRIKE];[STRIKE]£112,500[/STRIKE] MFW 2014#69 GOAL 1: [STRIKE]£109 K April[/STRIKE] ;) GOAL 2: [STRIKE]£103 K by Sept[/STRIKE] ;) GOAL 3: < £100k by end of 2014 MF goal: Nov 2020 - 4 years early
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback