Countdown to Freedom

Options

Comments

• ljaneyr
    ljaneyr Posts: 1,135 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well done on the bonus Tilly :T

I have a list like that for work too. I'm quite well organised in my own life, but when work is so busy I just can't keep track. I have a weekly list, write daily lists and rely on the fab people I work with to remind me if I've forgotten anything! It's those things that sit on the list for weeks at a time that really annoy me :(
    "It is often said that before you die your life passes before your eyes. It is in fact true. It's called living." Terry Pratchett
    Bought our house 2012 :) Married 2015 :D Started renovating 2015 :eek:
    Renovation fund... what renovation fund? :eek: Emergency fund 40% Future fund... ongoing...
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    Thanks for dropping by Habibiboo and Janey - re the heating, to be honest it is too warm to have it on now anyway, and fortunately there has been very little, if any, moaning :). It will stay off now until 1st October earliest :j

Busy day but loads achieved. I am really looking onward to tomorrow evening in the knowledge that we have a long weekend. I always find Maundy Thursday and Good Friday sad, but am delighted the sky is blue.

Must dash, Tilly x
    2004 £387k 29 years - MF March 2033:eek:
    2011 £309k 10 years - MF March 2021.
    Achieved Goal: 28/08/15 :j
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Thanks for dropping by Habibiboo and Janey - re the heating, to be honest it is too warm to have it on now anyway, and fortunately there has been very little, if any, moaning :). It will stay off now until 1st October earliest :j

Busy day but loads achieved. I am really looking onward to tomorrow evening in the knowledge that we have a long weekend. I always find Maundy Thursday and Good Friday sad, but am delighted the sky is blue.

Must dash, Tilly x

We've got ours off now - it was probably on for a few days longer than it should have been but I kept switching it so finally got around to turning it off properly! My aim is 1st Oct at the earliest for heating - am impressed at your willpower to hold out until November, Tilly! :) x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Staffordia
    Staffordia Posts: 342 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I switched my heating off a week ago, and as I'm off on holiday to sunny climes for two weeks, it won't need to be switched on again until October hopefully :)
    Mortgage Free November 2018
    Early Retired June 2020
  • Secret_Saving_Squirrel
    Options
    Heating has been off here for a couple of weeks....
    Paid off mortgage nine years early in 2013. Now picking and choosing our work to fit in with the rest of our lives!
    Still thrifty though, after all these years:D
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    greent wrote: »
    We've got ours off now - it was probably on for a few days longer than it should have been but I kept switching it so finally got around to turning it off properly! My aim is 1st Oct at the earliest for heating - am impressed at your willpower to hold out until November, Tilly! :) x
    Hi Greent, I promise I'm only keeping the heating off until 1st October, although November would be great :)

I would say it's a bit chilly first thing and late evening, but not to the point where the heating has gone on :T

Kids have got used to me now :)

Tilly x x
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS Posts: 7,833 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 17 April 2014 at 6:39AM
    Options
    Morning, firstly a thank you for all the support from people who post on my diary. It's a long old road and so many of you have helped me with advice and have offered a guiding hand when needed. I can safely say I/we wouldn't be where we are now, without this help - a big thank you :).

Payday has arrived and all remaining £ from last month have moved to MOS. A week to go until Mr T is paid and then we are well and truly on the next leg of this journey.

Thanks to :money: we learnt just under 2.5 years ago to live on one salary, OP a big chunk of the other and add a little to savings. Without this lesson and massive change in how we lived, we couldn't have lived on one salary when Mr T was made redundant. Anyone reading this who is considering making changes, just jump in :beer:

I'm looking forward to Mr T coming home tonight, although its been so busy, I can safely say neither of us has had time to miss the other :o

I'm making hot cross buns this evening, who knows how these will turn out :eek:

Apologies for the wax/lyrical stuff this morning :)

Also managed to get the free F@iry samples - thanks :money:

ETA: off to L!dl and WR on the way home from work to do the weekly shop. On my way so no extra fuel needed and the list is ready to go :)

Best wishes Tilly x
  • Thistlewhistle
    Thistlewhistle Posts: 1,091 Forumite
    Options
    Morning Tilly,

Sorry I haven't been around lately, but things are cooking on gas on planet Thistle!

Great new about your bonus thing - always gratefully received!!
    And well done on joining SW - group support is the key. That's what I keep telling my members - although not many stayed to group yesterday. It's always so disappointing when I spend such a long time setting the room up! Still, those that did stay learnt loads and we had a laugh!!

I'm working from home today so I'll get loads done. Systematically tidying up the house (Herculean task) which is a never ending trial. There's always so much paper!!

Off for a coffee, catch you later!

T:D
    Mortgage at end 05/2007: £90200
    Mortgage at end 08/2018: £71646 paid £18354 (20.5%)
    MFD: :eek:Original:05/2042:eek:
    Car Finance: £8225 : £6392 (22.2% paid off)
    CC Debt (0% until 06/2020): £5640 : £4400 (21.7% paid off)

Age of Money at 31/08/2018 = 23 days

YNAB is changing the way I live my life....and spend my money!!
  • Habibiboo
    Habibiboo Posts: 1,582 Forumite
    Options
    :wave:

Yes, we're usually 1st May - October half term, heating off, but it's now been off since yesterday!

Tilly, something to tickle a little smile on your sad days ...
    http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/04/14/dogs-pray-before-dinner_n_5145197.html

The last one to bring his bowl back has a face like our big black girl!

OH has just skipped off to L*dl too with a £5 voucher ... simple pleasures indeed! x
    Stash busting 2014 45 / 60 (balls of yarn)!
    2014 Sealed Pot #2136 ?/£500
    House: Decluttering 322 / 365
    Original mortgage [STRIKE]£149,000[/STRIKE][STRIKE]£117,750[/STRIKE];[STRIKE]£112,500[/STRIKE] MFW 2014#69 GOAL 1: [STRIKE]£109 K April[/STRIKE] ;) GOAL 2: [STRIKE]£103 K by Sept[/STRIKE] ;) GOAL 3: < £100k by end of 2014 MF goal: Nov 2020 - 4 years early
  • ljaneyr
    ljaneyr Posts: 1,135 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Habibiboo wrote: »
    :wave:

Tilly, something to tickle a little smile on your sad days ...
    http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/04/14/dogs-pray-before-dinner_n_5145197.html

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: I just sent this to the rest of my family.

This would not work with my dog for so many reasons. One being that she is far too short to 'pray' on any piece of furniture :rotfl:
    "It is often said that before you die your life passes before your eyes. It is in fact true. It's called living." Terry Pratchett
    Bought our house 2012 :) Married 2015 :D Started renovating 2015 :eek:
    Renovation fund... what renovation fund? :eek: Emergency fund 40% Future fund... ongoing...
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback