Countdown to Freedom

Options

Comments

• littlefred169
    Options
    I hope the OH and DD are better. It may be worth your DD putting in extenuating (?sp) circumstances as she may not perform as well as if she was ully fit. I did this in my finally year as I had terrible hayfever and sneezed literally every 2 minutes. I'm sure it was more irritating for my fellow students!
    Original MF Date = July 2034
    Current MF Date = July 2025
    Target = April 2025
  • Evening, these antibiotics are fab - for all those who don't believe in them, apologies but they have really helped...

...MRN, can I have the recipe for easy hollandaise as I've never heard of that - I'd like to try with some salmon from the freezer.

You are lucky to get this recipe without a lecture on antibiotics!!!

The recipe requires having all ingredients apart from the egg yolks hot before they're added to the blender so heat them in a microwave or in a pan first.

Blend 2 large egg yolks till the colour lightens a little. Slowly add 1 dessert spoon of white wine vinegar and 1 dessert spoon of lemon juice (pre-mixed and pre-warmed) while blending. Slowly add 110g of butter (separately pre-warmed but not boiled/browned) while blending. Done.
    MFW: Nov 2008 £156k, Jun 2015 £129k, Jun 2017 £114k.
  • ajmoney
    ajmoney Posts: 6,244 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Remind lodger to pay food money

I forgot that your lodger joined you for food...and that your food spending probably includes that. I may need to go and hang my head in shame :(
    MFW 2024 No. 7 £500/£1200 MFiT-T6 No. 70 £15420.41/£22787.04
  • Polly_Wolly_Doodle
    Options
    Yikes Tilly this tread is moving as fast as your ops!
    Hope the family are feeling better, the thought of that soup had me feeling better from here!
    Weight: need to lose 71lbs - lost to date 0lbs
    One Poll: £3.20
    My Survey: £0.00
    Ebay: £0.00
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS Posts: 7,833 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 14 January 2013 at 9:52PM
    Options
    Hi AJ, yes food money is for basically 5 adults and I promise I am absolutely honest about my spending :o. However, I really do believe we are conditioned in a supermarket to spend. There are high cost behavioural guys working for them, using every trick in the book to make us part with our cash. That's one of the reasons we go round Costc@ backwards, ie start at the checkouts and walk the wrong way round the store.

Hi PWD, El, LittleFred, DD and Mr T are feeling much better and it is such a relief as its gone on for a few days with no improvement.

Hi MRN, thanks for not telling me off - I am feeling better than I have since early October so it has helped. Thanks for the recipe, I'll have a go next week :):)

Getting close to pay day :):)

Lovely fish cakes and I made a big salad to go with them mmmmmmm. As no one seems to be eating a lot I didn't bother with rice etc.

NSD achieved :)

Best wishes Tilly
    2004 £387k 29 years - MF March 2033:eek:
    2011 £309k 10 years - MF March 2021.
    Achieved Goal: 28/08/15 :j
  • ajmoney
    ajmoney Posts: 6,244 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi AJ, yes food money is for basically 5 adults and I promise I am absolutely honest about my spending :o. However, I really do believe we are conditioned in a supermarket to spend. There are high cost behavioural guys working for them, using every trick in the book to make us part with our cash. That's one of the reasons we go round Costc@ backwards, ie start at the checkouts and walk the wrong way round the store.

I am hoping that online shopping may counteract that, going to give it a go at the end of the month.
    MFW 2024 No. 7 £500/£1200 MFiT-T6 No. 70 £15420.41/£22787.04
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hi PWD, El, LittleFred, DD and Mr T are feeling much better and it is such a relief as its gone on for a few days with no improvement.
    Are they well enough for garlic soup though ;).
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • elantan
    elantan Posts: 21,018 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    How was exam day today for miss Tilly ?
  • CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,120 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hope everyone is starting to feel better and the exam went well. Had a few days off catching up, has taken me ages! Lovely to read so many posts though.
    May 2024 - part 1 - £29,628 part 2 - £24,612 Total - £54,240 42 months to go!
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    gallygirl wrote: »
    Are they well enough for garlic soup though ;).
    Mr T not a fan of garlic soup, DD now a big fan :)
    elantan wrote: »
    How was exam day today for miss Tilly ?
    Exams went extremely well so one happy DD :T
    CathT wrote: »
    Hope everyone is starting to feel better and the exam went well. Had a few days off catching up, has taken me ages! Lovely to read so many posts though.
    Glad the Tilly household are now recovered, I was beginning to think wonder what was going on

A quick a/c tidy (not sure whether I should start calling them Tilly tidies as well :rotfl:), so 98p (go me :)) sent across today.

Looks like Mr T has chosen a car, just in negotiation phase now, eighteen months old, very low mileage so hopefully this all sorts itself out.

Will have to take some cash from the offset to fund the car but we will have an extra push to put it back ASAP. Mr T and the DKs are primed and ready to go :)

I've not been on line much last night, nor at all until now and I can safely say I've really missed the MFW family. We are very fortunate to have so many people who understand our dreams to be MF and also lend hands to help when needed. Big thanks :)

Best wishes Tilly
    2004 £387k 29 years - MF March 2033:eek:
    2011 £309k 10 years - MF March 2021.
    Achieved Goal: 28/08/15 :j
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills