Countdown to Freedom

Options

Comments

• PaddyPaws
    PaddyPaws Posts: 272 Forumite
    Options
    Glad to hear that you're all recovering and DD's exam went well

You should definitely use "Tilly tidies" (and probably copywrite it!)

I can just imagine, in a few years time, new MFW will be reading on here and one of their first questions will be "what's a tilly tidy?" as we'll all be using it.

You'll be [STRIKE]notorious[/STRIKE] famous!

all the best
    PP
  • version2014
    Options
    Here is the link, HTH.

Thanks unhappy shopper, sending you much forum love!
    MFW: Original December 2041 / Aim January 2028
    Current total overpayments: £0 Mortgage starts Dec 16
    It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop. Confucius
  • catshark88
    catshark88 Posts: 1,099 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    It will start with "Tilly Tidies" and then become a brand of choice goods for frugal living. Sort of Cath Kidson meets the OS board.....

Now there's a thought....
    "Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful." William Morris
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    catshark88 wrote: »
    It will start with "Tilly Tidies" and then become a brand of choice goods for frugal living. Sort of Cath Kidson meets the OS board.....

Now there's a thought....
    Starting with Tilly Toilet Tissue :rotfl:

PS - what colour is the car :cool:.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • elantan
    elantan Posts: 21,018 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Glad the exam went well for miss tilly :)
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    Morning, quite an expensive day as we are off to the dentist and a hygienist appointment. Fortunately I have a dental savings pot so the money is saved up ready to be spent :)

No pennies to tidy and lodger food money still not paid. This is really unusual so I am guessing it will mean double tomorrow. Has to be sorted out before Thursday evening. Mrs T will be on the war path otherwise :eek:

Hope people are not suffering too much with the snow.

Beef casserole and veg, HM frozen roast potatoes for dinner.

Best wishes Tilly
    2004 £387k 29 years - MF March 2033:eek:
    2011 £309k 10 years - MF March 2021.
    Achieved Goal: 28/08/15 :j
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Morning, quite an expensive day as we are off to the dentist and a hygienist appointment. Fortunately I have a dental savings pot so the money is saved up ready to be spent :)

No pennies to tidy and lodger food money still not paid. This is really unusual so I am guessing it will mean double tomorrow. Has to be sorted out before Thursday evening. Mrs T will be on the war path otherwise :eek:

Freezer top up may be on the cards ;).
    Hope people are not suffering too much with the snow.

DD just off to walk to work, having abandoned car last night. -13 :eek::eek::eek::eek:. I'm supposed to be heading that way but staying put for a few hours at least!
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    Mr T has just asked me whether we need a patio extension :rotfl:

You're mad driving over that way, stay at home and tackle paper gremlins instead :). -13 is very brrrrrrrrr

Tilly x
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    Have started up my positive thoughts pot, thanks Elantan. I have two in at the moment, one a compliment from work and second a comment from a friend of mine.

Lovely to think that I can read them towards the end of the year and get a wave of positivity at a time when the weather is on the turn. However, I will be posting more Christmas countdowns to drive everyone mad but cheer me up :)

Quick update on food shopping. It's been quite an interesting experiment to see how little we could spend. Whilst this is all in the mind of Mrs T, I do think we get sucked into buying stuff and I definitely think shopping becomes a habit, where we put stuff in the trolley with little conscious thought. I'll have to look back on my diary to see when my last big shop was - sometime late December and so far we haven't gone without. I do have a larder (grandiose title for one side of my garage) and the contents need to be turned over as well, so this activity has helped on a number of fronts.

Finally the last thing I have garnered from this, thus far, is I don't like shopping at all. I know I don't like clothes shopping but I hadn't realised I felt the same about food shopping. We are fortunate to be in an area with all the major supermarkets, so I can go to L!dl and Ald!, which are much smaller but both have a wide variety of products. The days of going to Tesc@ extra have gone for me I think.

Have to start work now :)

Tilly x
  • lulabelle1
    lulabelle1 Posts: 2,693 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hurrah for not liking food shopping, I'm in total agreement, I really hate it. Hate is a strong word and not one that i use often, but it definitely applies to food shopping.

I just rush in with my list, get what I need and then get out of there as fast as possible. The people who are wandering around in front of me like they have all the time in the world really bug me - it's as though it's their weekly outing and they actually seem to be enjoying it.

I just wish that our Aldi was a little larger and stocked more lines and then i wouldn't need to go in to Tesco at all. Oh well, we all need to have our dreams... :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback