Countdown to Freedom

Options

Comments

• catshark88
    catshark88 Posts: 1,099 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    My local market town has Herr A & Mr W. there is talk of a Mr T, but they are all up in arms against it.....
    "Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful." William Morris
  • elantan
    elantan Posts: 21,018 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    elepants wrote: »
    hi there, hope im doing this right, its my 1st post so apologies if wrong.

im a short time lurker and have enjoyed your diary, i have took lots of tips and i thank you for this

i thought u might like to hear the convo i had with my g/f a short time ago.

me: how much is left

gf: £1.57 what am i ment to do with that

me: do a tillytidy (knowing well she wouldnt know what i was on about)

gf: what??

me (i explain a tillytidy)

gf:oooooo i thought it ment something like a vajazzle

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

thanks again for all your inspiration.

That should win an award for best ever first post ... Had me snorting my coffee out my nose :)
  • katsu
    katsu Posts: 4,951 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Afraid I love supermarket shopping - browsing the aisles, reading labels, checking prices - deals on my iphone, fresh v frozen in same store etc - seeing what new things they have whether food or non food. Whether Herr A or Mr W I am happy anywhere - although I hate MrT's approach to faulty goods and poor quality veg so I feel guilty when I shop there - letting a bargain defeat my moral code :(

Am I to be expelled?
    Debt at highest: £8k. Debt Free 31/12/2009. Original MFD May 2036, MF Dec 2018.
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    You're mad driving over that way, stay at home and tackle paper gremlins instead :). -13 is very brrrrrrrrr

I let the train take the strain ;).
    elepants wrote: »
    hi there, hope im doing this right, its my 1st post so apologies if wrong.

im a short time lurker and have enjoyed your diary, i have took lots of tips and i thank you for this

i thought u might like to hear the convo i had with my g/f a short time ago.

me: how much is left

gf: £1.57 what am i ment to do with that

me: do a tillytidy (knowing well she wouldnt know what i was on about)

gf: what??

me (i explain a tillytidy)

gf:oooooo i thought it ment something like a vajazzle

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

thanks again for all your inspiration.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:Brilliant :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    katsu wrote: »
    Am I to be expelled?

Morning Katau, you can't be expelled, you need to give us lessons in how to enjoy shopping :)

Tilly
    2004 £387k 29 years - MF March 2033:eek:
    2011 £309k 10 years - MF March 2021.
    Achieved Goal: 28/08/15 :j
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    Morning, it is definitely extremely cold here, -8 when Mr T left at 4am. He's off to Portugal to do a few jobs :)

It seems ages since I was last paid but payday is looming and will be very welcome. Still no further outlay on food and next shop is supposed to be Saturday but due to the snow warnings, I'm going Friday evening.

I think the shopping spend will be around £15 this Friday, with around £10 the following Saturday. I'll check back on my diary or spending diary to see when I last had my big shop in December and work out total but I think total spend will be around £40 ish for the month. The freezer is still too full to defrost but I have another week of clearing it to go. The first weekend in February will be defrosting and cleaning the freezer and batch cooking - will be using the two Sl!mming W@rld cook books I have for February recipes.

No pennies to tidy, this no spending is good but then I have nothing left to tidy and OP :o

Have a lovely day and I hope the snow isn't causing too much disruption.

Best wishes Tilly x
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Morning, it is definitely extremely cold here, -8 when Mr T left at 4am.

Positively tropical, it's -11 here :(.

He's off to Portugal to do a few jobs :)
    Now, you see, that;s the differnce between us. If that had been me (which it wouldn't be as Mr GG doesn't 'do jobs'), it would have been:
    "He's off to Spain to do a few jobs" :(:eek::mad::eek::(. You are so kind :o.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    Placeholder: £16.83 spend to date on food and on day 24 now.
  • lulabelle1
    lulabelle1 Posts: 2,693 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Your food spend is amazing Tilly!
  • I got called Vagazzle-Ann for a week at work as I didn't know what a vagazzle was at the time :)

Sorry... going back a few posts. The canteen where I work launched a new range of posters last year to boost custom. They actually thought an appetizing poster of a lovely salad with the catch phrase "Veg-azzle" was going to pull in the punters!!!
    MFW: Nov 2008 £156k, Jun 2015 £129k, Jun 2017 £114k.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback