MSE News: Anger at Lloyds PPI compensation delays

Options

Comments

• Matus234
    Options
    Don't know if I'm posting in the right place however, I was told yesterday that check for £3000 from black horse would be its way today. I have today received a warning from credit expert telling me that my credit report has had a change. When I have had a look black horse has made a credit check on me obviously before paying out. Is this normal? Will ths be a problem? I intend o apply for a mortgage soon and I am a bit worried about it. I have not been informed at n point that I woul have a credit check performed. Any light on he situation wul b greatly appreciated.
  • The_Marksman
    Options
    Matus234 wrote: »
    Don't know if I'm posting in the right place however, I was told yesterday that check for £3000 from black horse would be its way today. I have today received a warning from credit expert telling me that my credit report has had a change. When I have had a look black horse has made a credit check on me obviously before paying out. Is this normal? Will ths be a problem? I intend o apply for a mortgage soon and I am a bit worried about it. I have not been informed at n point that I woul have a credit check performed. Any light on he situation wul b greatly appreciated.

Im pretty sure all ppi refunds will be shown on your credit score as the loan which was paid back formed your score thus far and so the amount loaned/paid back has now changed and so the score to date will be amended to take into account redress also this is done so the taxman can check and find you for owing tax on interest side of redress payments. it wont affect your overall score etc so worry not ;)
    :p:D:p Perfer et obdurai dolor hic tibi proderit olim :p:D:p
  • namsie323
    Options
    Ive been waiting for my money since 16 Aug. every time Ive called its been another delay tactic, Im convinced I'll never see this money, I've now taken to emailing customer relations at LLoyds, what a terrible service they are providing.
  • get05up
    Options
    I had a letter from LloydsTSB on 21.10.2011 and they offered me a payment of £16,665.84. I have phoned them and found out that my cheque should be with me within 21 days.
    I don't think this is going to happen timely reading from all the comments above.
    Does anyone have an e-mail address from them? Would you suggest to call them again.
    I am unemployed and really need the money to pay bills etc.
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    get05up wrote: »
    I had a letter from LloydsTSB on 21.10.2011 and they offered me a payment of £16,665.84. I have phoned them and found out that my cheque should be with me within 21 days.
    I don't think this is going to happen timely reading from all the comments above.
    Does anyone have an e-mail address from them? Would you suggest to call them again.
    I am unemployed and really need the money to pay bills etc.

Well done and and Congratulations!:beer:
    Hope they keep their word for a change.

Send to both below, good luck.

[EMAIL="ppi.customer.relations@lloydstsb.co.uk"]ppi.customer.relations@lloydstsb.co.uk[/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="Customer.Care.Insurance@lloydsTsb.co.uk"]Customer.Care.Insurance@lloydsTsb.co.uk[/EMAIL]
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • sapman17
    Options
    sapman17 wrote: »
    called them and they said that they have decided to check with GE the figures again how long should i give them to recheck this recalculated figure ? they also have already done this once why do they need to redo it or is this again just delaying tactics? help much apreciated

know emailed CEO of MBNA hopefully he will push it along as iseem to be getting know where.
  • get05up
    Options
    di3004 wrote: »
    Well done and and Congratulations!:beer:
    Hope they keep their word for a change.

Send to both below, good luck.

[EMAIL="ppi.customer.relations@lloydstsb.co.uk"]ppi.customer.relations@lloydstsb.co.uk[/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="Customer.Care.Insurance@lloydsTsb.co.uk"]Customer.Care.Insurance@lloydsTsb.co.uk[/EMAIL]

Do they actually respond to the emails? It's been 3 days and I haven't heard anything, not even an acknowledgement.
  • kerri_dfw
    kerri_dfw Posts: 4,556 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    get05up wrote: »
    Do they actually respond to the emails? It's been 3 days and I haven't heard anything, not even an acknowledgement.
    They do respond but it takes a life time. Email andrea dot barry at lloyds tsb dot co dot uk as well. Although she's incompetent I fear. It wasn't until I got my MP involved that movement actually happened.
    Diary: Getting back on track for 2013 and beyond
    DEBT FREE 13-10-13 :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:
    Beautiful daughter born 11.1.14
    Mortgage: [STRIKE]£399,435.91[/STRIKE] £377218.83
    Deposit loan from Dad: £9000[STRIKE]£10000[/STRIKE]
  • grastaff
    grastaff Posts: 102 Forumite
    Options
    Im glad to see you have some of your redress ;)

if you have an open loan still they will be adjusting this first then refunding the redress due i believe ;)

can i ask when your first calcs letter was dated? ;)

Do you mean they will use the refund to reduce the outstanding amount on an open loan? Can they do this? I was told by LTSB that the PPI on the open loan would be cancelled and the unpaid amount refunded against the loan, but the amount of PPI paid would be refunded to my bank account - still waiting though.:(
  • RippedOff25
    Options
    After the usual extended wait for PPI, I received a payment on my loan, and was told that I had a minimal balance to pay off.

I contacted Lloyds TSB to confirm this and was told that it was correct.

I foolishly celebrated.

Today I checked my bank account and found that they had transferred the payment from the loan to my personal account.

When I phoned them to ask them why this had been done, and to pay the money back to the loan, I found they increased the balance I needed to pay off by £590 interest because they had transferred the money off the loan.

Even though I had paid the money back to the loan on the same day, I have been told I will not be refunded the £590.

Is this another way for them to make money?

I will be complaining..
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure