New Post Advanced Search

November 2011 - Grocery Challenge

edited 26 October 2011 at 6:52PM in Old Style MoneySaving
1.1K replies 90.5K views

Replies

• recovering_spendaholicrecovering_spendaholic Forumite
    3.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Spent all day working on a project for work so have only just got the casserole in the oven for the tea!

DD2 has come home and asked if she can have friends for a pizza party tomorrow evening and I've said yes. I have loads of pizza base mix so will use that, but need to go and get some mozarella and Nutella for the dessert pizza - the dessert pizza was on Cake boss the other night and looked yummy - it was a pizza base made up and then brushed with butter and sprinkled with lots of sugar and baked. When it was cooked he put loads of nutella on the top with sliced bananas, strawberries and chocolate sauce - DD2 has been going on about it ever since and I must admit it looked lovely!!

So a trip to Tescos tonight is in order - I will go about 9pm as that is when they have the best bargains!!
    Jane

ENDIS. Employed, no disposable income or savings!
  • quintwinsquintwins Forumite
    5.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    got lots on tesco including b1g2f crisps (forgot to get cheese need to grab that before tue) muller corners and some of those yummy amore yogurts, 9 jars of jam, 3 jars of honey, 3 jars of peanut butter and 9 bags of rasins so well stocked :) spent around £18 i need to add up my receits

hubby wants chippy for tea and isn't impressed i don;t so chippy tea it is
    OCT GC £196.12/£200
  • allym464allym464 Forumite
    106 posts
    Ninth Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    Hi All - I just spent £31.73 but that is almost about two weeks worth of meals - so I am quite pleased with myself if I may so :) I just made some home made mushroom soup which made four meals and with what I had to buy and what was already in the cupboard that equates to....52p! hahaha this shop did include £5 worth of chicken which can be used later in the month and some coffee which is a must have (just see me in the morning before I have had my cup of coffee! even the cats know not to hassle for breakfast until then!) :rotfl::rotfl:
    Debt free by xmas 2013 #111 Credit card debt [STRIKE]£5000[/STRIKE] paid off!| Santander loan: [STRIKE]£3000[/STRIKE] paid off!. SPC#5 1374 saved £75.47!. SPC#6 TBA!
  • Just done my meal plan and shopping list for tomorrow - its only a few days to pay day so I need to be extra careful this week. I have £8.50 in CC vouchers so will use them to keep the cost down as much as possible.
    Will post tomorrow with the overall damage.....
    January grocery spending - £82.73/ £120
  • rosiebenrosieben Forumite
    5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nimeth, I've added your banana & oat cookies to the front page index :beer:
    ... don't throw the string away. You always need string! :D

C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z Head Sharpener
  • meg72 wrote: »
    Corned beef freezes really well.I love cold cornbeef with chips and
    sp pickled beetroot. I can get 5 meals from a big tin so slice and freeze in bags.

Thanks meg72, I will remember that for next time. The last third of the tin will be either Corned beef hash or Stovies tomorrow - I'm going through a comfort/nursery eating phase at the moment, must be the cold weather.

Oh yes, corned beef, chips and pickled beetroot, love it - havent had that for ages, thanks for the reminder.
  • jpscloudjpscloud Forumite
    1.5K posts
    I seem to be doing better with the budget this month - I have really good stocks in now, and the challenge really is to use stuff that I have rather than keep buying different things. I think sometimes I just love to shop for food, and it's become a habit that is very hard to break. I must also learn to meal plan, that's something I find really hard to stick to, for some reason.
    I believe in the freedom of spinach and the right to arm bears.

Weight loss journey started January 2015
    -32lbs
  • It must be Christmas. In the post this morning I had a £25 premium bond cheque, several £5 off £40 Tesco vouchers, and out of nowhere £4 off £20 shops (4 of them) from Sains's. Wow! Don't they know that I spread myself around these days - Aldi, Lidl, Asda, Tesco and occasionally if I am out and about, Sains's? Things are getting seriously competitive out there. There were also £12.50 of Tesco vouchers, so that's even less I will be actually spending.

Like you Sainsbugs have targeted me through the Nectar card thingy, but they must have noticed my reduction in spending in their stores, now that I have the time to go to @ldi and L!dl, as the savings are now against a £50 shop as opposed to the £70/£80 shop that they used to offer - Sainsbugs GET REAL what single person spends that amount each week in the supermarket. But at least I may take advantage of the offer for two of the four weeks with Christmas coming up :D
  • Not doing too bad this month - should come in on budget (just)...but that's because I'm SO busy in work i haven't had time to stop off anywhere and spend money!
    Mortgage starting balance - [STRIKE]£151,030 [/STRIKE]:eek: [STRIKE]£143,733.28[/STRIKE] £137,000 (25 years to go...):o
  • Morning all - Have just spent the last hour trying to unblock the toilet - damn Andrex Puppies on a roll!!!

:rotfl::rotfl:- recovering spendaholic I love it, you always make me smile, sorry to laugh, but I dont think youre meant to put the Puppies down the loo.