Forum Home» Phones & TV» Mobiles

NEW THREAD: Cheapest iPhones article - Page 28

New Post Advanced Search

NEW THREAD: Cheapest iPhones article

edited 13 October 2011 at 5:52PM in Mobiles
279 replies 225.9K views
1222324252628»

Replies

• Hi, Looking at the iPhone XR deal on mobiles.co.uk they're offering £90 cashback anyway. The MSE discount code increases that by £10 to £100. But Isn't it better to instead use Quidco to get £30 cashback on top of the mobiles.co.uk £90 cashback? (it also pays the cashback sooner)
  • grumblergrumbler Forumite
    53K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I am pretty sure it is, as usual.
    We are born naked, wet and hungry...Then things get worse. :(

.withdrawal, NOT withdrawel ..bear with me, NOT bare with me
    .definitely, NOT definately ......separate, NOT seperate
    should have, NOT should of
    .....guaranteed, NOT guarenteed
  • malihatmalihat Forumite
    130 posts
    Tenth Anniversary 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    Saveroo wrote: »
    Hi, Looking at the iPhone XR deal on mobiles.co.uk they're offering £90 cashback anyway. The MSE discount code increases that by £10 to £100. But Isn't it better to instead use Quidco to get £30 cashback on top of the mobiles.co.uk £90 cashback? (it also pays the cashback sooner)

Topcashback specifically states that they won't pay cashback on this deal so quidco might not either.
    Sometimes our light goes out but is blown into flame by another human being. Each of us owes deepest thanks to those who have rekindled this light.
    -Albert Schweitzer
  • mobilejunkiemobilejunkie Forumite
    8.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Both often say they say do and then it isn't paid anyway. Don't trust or rely on what they offer.
  • Hi, I’m confused as to how this can be allowed... I received an email from VM offering a deal on the iPhone XR & separate 30 day sim:

iPhone XR 64gb
    Unlimited texts, 5000 mins & 20gb data
    Plus - “free” Apple AirPods

Contract is split into two:
    Phone is £27 a month for 3 years and they state it is 0% interest

However when you work it out, the cost of the phone comes to £972 and you can buy the phone direct from Apple for £749!! How can there be more than a £200 price difference and claiming the air pods are thrown in for free?!

Can anyone shed some light??

Ben
  • d123d123 Forumite
    8.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi, I’m confused as to how this can be allowed... I received an email from VM offering a deal on the iPhone XR & separate 30 day sim:

iPhone XR 64gb
    Unlimited texts, 5000 mins & 20gb data
    Plus - “free” Apple AirPods

Contract is split into two:
    Phone is £27 a month for 3 years and they state it is 0% interest

However when you work it out, the cost of the phone comes to £972 and you can buy the phone direct from Apple for £749!! How can there be more than a £200 price difference and claiming the air pods are thrown in for free?!

Can anyone shed some light??

Ben

Not all contracts are good value for money, simple as that.
    ====
  • ididntgetwhereiamtodayididntgetwhereiamtoday Forumite
    1.6K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    It’s interest free credit but the price is just the rrp so a company can charge what they like.
    It is a bit naughty of VM.
    I didn't get where i am today by not reading moneysavingexpert.com
  • Ah the infamous 0% Representative APR scam.. Yup, quite the tricksters.. O2 do it and a bunch of others too.

Anybody checked out this new player in town who's selling iPhone 11s on a subscription?

£25.99 for a iPhone 11 for 24 months... Sounds too good to be true?
  • datdaddatdad Forumite
    3 posts
    Fifth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    For IPhone fans, the iPhone XS sim free is on sale (29/12/19) at Argos & John Lewis for £629 for the 64gb model. Others are still selling it for £900 + .