PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Daily Saturday 1st Oct

Options
Hardup_Hester
Hardup_Hester Posts: 4,800 Forumite
edited 1 October 2011 at 6:00AM in Old style MoneySaving
Hi, this is the Daily Thread forSaturday 1st Oct. This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or slow internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred.

When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Some people who chat here like to try to answer everyone. Don’t feel you have to though, a general “hi everyone, hope everyone’s well” type start does just as well.

Morning all
I went to a fashion show last night where all the models were either suffering with or recovering from breast cancer, it was very humbling & such good fun.
Hubby came home at lunchtime as he wasn't feeling well, slept all afternoon & then couldn't sleep last night, which is hardly surprising!
Plans for today include going to the butchers as my freezer thinks I've become a vegetarian & buying some white double knit to make a blanket for new fosterchilds dolly.
I also need to sweep the stairs & vacuum through & prep another few bags of apples.
Have a lovely day everyone.
Hugs Hester

Never let success go to your head, never let failure go to your heart.

Comments

• cat_smith
    cat_smith Posts: 1,258 Forumite
    Options
    Morning HH. Can't sleep. So got up to watch rugby. May head back to bed later if the match is as bad as we fear.

Have a good day all.
    GC Mar 13 £47.36/£150
  • Molly41
    Molly41 Posts: 4,919 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Good Morning Hester, Cat and All Who Follow x

Up to take DD to work and now feeling in dire need of another cuppa tea and some breakfast:T:T:T

Not sure of my plans but will update when I have a clearer idea (that will be the day!!!)

Hope you all enjoy your day x
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over and through me. When it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    When the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
  • notjustlaura
    Options
    Morning all, before and after!

Woke up far too early today. It's my own fault for napping earlier. Don't have much planned for today. Will try and get myself to Mass this morning, do the usual daily things like the DW and then snuggle up with cats, books and knitting.

We're not forecast for nice weather in Glasgow - it's raining at the moment and I believe will do so for most of the day. It's cold and I'm going in search of coffee ...
    Household: Laura + William-cat
    Not Buying It in 2015
  • Cheapskate
    Cheapskate Posts: 1,757 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone

Been up since 0530, baking hob nobs for community coffee day - must be bonkers! The kitchen is now roasting and it's only 0630! :D

Got about 20 coats washed this week in the sunshine - all the bedding and some fleeces to do today.

Did big shop last night, so just some bread to get today.

Off to get more biccies out the oven - see you in a mo.

A xo
    Jan 2021 GC £11.70/£300
    2021 mission declutter& clean 53/2021
    Jan NSD 7/31
  • Kimsmum
    Kimsmum Posts: 221 Forumite
    Options
    Morning everyone,
    Well I am back.

Up early as just back from taking son to the airport for his flight back to Australia, so feeling abit tearful. It was so lovely having him here, he said he would come back next year for christmas.So something to look forward too.

It is pouring down here at the moment.:(
    Need to sort out the freezer and fridge today, and see whats in there.
    Trying not to spend much this month as spent quite abit with son being here. So I need to get finances back on track.

Sending postive thoughts and hugs to everyone:)
    Taking it one day at a time
  • hilstep2000
    hilstep2000 Posts: 3,089 Forumite
    Options
    Morning All!
    Watching Tonga V France at the moment, Tonga winning!:j
    Hester I got some meat from from http://www.westingourmet.co.uk/ this week. I got two free steaks for being a first time customer, and a "first visit" deal that cost £39 instead of £64! Looks really nice meat too, arrived in two days.

Kimsmum Know how you feel, I was the same when my son went back to Cumbria after DD's wedding, and that's not as far as Austrailia!

Going to watch thye England/Scotland match next, then seeing my Dad as I'm on holiday on Tuesday. St Lucia for two weeks.:T

Sun sea and cocktails. Just how I like it! OH will go diving (which he loves) and we can have some time together, Will miss DD and DGD though. Going to lunch with them tomorrow.

Sunshine here already, must go and have a shower!

Have a good day all!
    I Believe in saving money!!!:T
    A Bargain is only a bargain if you need it!

• suzybloo
    suzybloo Posts: 1,104 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning folks 1st October already! Pouring rain here so no washing on....yet! Going to head to the shops today but it will be in the next town where i can visit ALdi,Lidl Farmfoods, etc etc as I have got a list of what I need for the month. I am taking part in the grocery challenge - so hopefully i can pick up most of the list in the bargain shops and have very little to buy at Tesco.
    It must be hard when your kids move away - I am bad enough if i dont see mine for a few days!
    Hope you all have a good day

suzy
    Every days a School day!
  • flutterbyuk25
    flutterbyuk25 Posts: 7,009 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all

Another glorious start to the day here :)

Today I am going for a massage :D. It's a very late birthday present (my birthday is in March!! :rotfl:). I was given a voucher from the girls, but due to the vertigo I never felt up to it, so am going to treat myself today. I may also have a pedicure if they can fit me in. After that I'm meeting the girls for lunch, and I'm meant to be meeting ex-colleagues for drinks but TBH I don't really fancy it, plus I'll have the car, so think I'll just pop in for one to say hello.

Looking forward to Strictly tonight :D how bad was Lulu last night?! :eek: It was like she couldn't be bothered!

OS wise - will see if I have a full load for WM but doubt it. DW will go on. Kitchen looks like a bombsite cos flatmate has been making cakes (she has a business on the side) but she will sort that out later.

Off back to bed with a cuppa and book now

x
    * Rainbow baby boy born 9th August 2016 *

* Slimming World follower (I breastfeed so get 6 hex's!) *
  • bargainbird
    bargainbird Posts: 3,771 Forumite
    Options
    Morning

Kimsmum - Big hugs to you xxxx
    hillstep - You lucky thing enjoy St Lucia :D
    Jaxx - Hope your toe ok this morning xx

Misty here are the mo, but i'm sure the sun will put pay to that :).
    Pinch punch and all that :eek: already. DD1 b'day in 5 sleeps:T.

So today DH just gone to earn the pennies, We're nipping out for chicken wire and posts to fence the top half of the garden off so they dont use our bit ;).
    Might go to Portsmouth tomorrow, so need to check finances/picnic bits.

Have lovely days
    smiley-happy069.gif
    You know your getting old when you
    go to the pub sit outside
    and admire the hanging basket :cool:
    Is officially 48% tight :D
  • Hardup_Hester
    Hardup_Hester Posts: 4,800 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all
    Thanks for the link hilstep, I'll check it out.
    I have 2 loads of washing out on the line, hubby is still in bed with manflu!
    I met the new foster children briefly, they are the youngest of 5 the other 3 are older & have been in care for a long time , they are both small, skinny & were heaving filthy dirty when they arrived, both were born addicted to heroin & still have ongoing health issues from this. Both children think it is very strange to have to wash, clean their teeth, wear clean clothes daily rather than weekly/monthly. Controversial I know, but why aren't some people forcibly sterilised? How many more children is this person going to produce? Ok, stepping off my soapbox now. I took some books & soft toys to DD's for the children & some more cherry tomatoes & vegetarian sausages, the children are vegetarian but don't eat vegetables! DD managed to persuade them to eat some cherry toms by telling the children that as I grew the toms in my garden in the sunshine that they tasted of sunshine & they polished off the whole bowlful.
    Time to unload the DW.
    Hugs Hester

Never let success go to your head, never let failure go to your heart.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure