Tesco misprices and discussion (Thread 12)

Options

Comments

• emmaa2231
    Options
    hr9hr9 wrote: »
    I looked at this the other day, I will be getting some when my £5 off £40 kicks in tomorrow.

it shows as Asda 3.33, so poss DTD of £4.66

if you get the Potatoe Dophinoise that prices checks too £1.25 JTD

Total JTD £5.91 on a £10 meal deal

Hi,

Just wondered...r u checking individual prices??or the entire receipt - [EMAIL="I@m"]I'm[/EMAIL] not sure how this works u see - my receipts only ever get max of about 50p. I have better luck at asda(especially wombling - lol)
    Thanks In advance. :)
    2012 Challenge £1923/£12000
    Jan GC £BUST/£100 = FEB £0/£150
  • moonshine
    Options
    I looked at this the other day, I will be getting some when my £5 off £40 kicks in tomorrow.

it shows as Asda 3.33, so poss DTD of £4.66

it's £4.98 on the Asda website, and it's not part of a 3 for £10 which is the only way it would be £3.33 I think. Where did you see it at £3.33?
  • emmaa2231
    Options
    josie wrote: »
    Re. the latest meal deal, the Fiano would appear to give a JTD of £3.24

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/#/shopping/findproducts.aspx?query=fiano

Has anyone tried it yet? I know it was working last year as someone just said, just wondered if anyone tried it this time round - should be ok as T's use mysupermarket...

Nero D'Avola would appear to give a JTD of £1.99 -again anyone tried yet?

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/#/shopping/findproducts.aspx?query=nero%20d%27avola&store=asda
    For some reason those are the only 2 wines listed online.

The Nottage Hill Cab Sauv Shiraz is £7.99 in T's to £4.00 in A's, so appears to be a £3.99 JTD

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/#/shopping/findproducts.aspx?query=%20nottage%20hill%20cabernet%20savigon%20shiraz

And the Nottage Hill Chardonnay is £7.99 T's to £4.98 in A's so £3.01 JTD.

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/#/shopping/findproducts.aspx?query=nottage%20hill%20chardonnay

Please share any successes on these and anything else lurking in the mains, sides or desserts!

Oh, and Gu still in the deal, so use your 50p off from the coupon thread on here, if you still have it!

HTH

Many Thanks for this info - wondered, would you say it is better to price check individual items or singular (i just realised the later was possible reading this thread :-) and if you do the first can you change your mind to do the second(if there was any point?) (r u using something like my supermarket to compare before purchase?)
    Thanks in advance for the help and advice. :)
    I
    2012 Challenge £1923/£12000
    Jan GC £BUST/£100 = FEB £0/£150
  • hr9hr9
    hr9hr9 Posts: 145 Forumite
    Options
    moonshine wrote: »
    it's £4.98 on the Asda website, and it's not part of a 3 for £10 which is the only way it would be £3.33 I think. Where did you see it at £3.33?

via mysupermarket
  • Tesc*
    Tesc* Posts: 162 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just to be clear, you can only price check the whole receipt from tesco. You can only price check one item if there is one item on the receipt.
  • outofmoney
    Options
    eviesdad wrote: »
    Hi what did you buy please.

OH bought Chocolate and Pepperami. Both cheaper in Asda.
  • josie
    josie Posts: 3,107 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    cant find any of the 4 wines in T near me - will have to venture further afield.....

someone posted arlier this morning that JTD works - so that should cover petrol costs...

Have you checked in the wine section too? T's seem notoriously bad at filling up the meal deal everywhere I go.

Nottage Hill Shiraz still showing £4.98 in mysupermarket, contrary to someone's post saying £3.33.
  • Dopey_Sleepy_Grumpy
    Options
    russetred wrote: »
    all seem to compare on mysupermarket. Good call OP I'm running low on wine.

I've had things compare on mysupermarket. However, they have not compared when I have had the jtd back. I find it more likely to compare by checking initially on mysupermarket and then double checking on the Asda and Tesco sites too. A recent example was the Pantene hairspray (strong hold I think). The Asda site has given it a slightly different title which I think has affected the comparison. HTH
  • spaggy
    spaggy Posts: 416 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Can I ask a question re DTD? I was overcharged on some yellow stickered rduced items tonight so went to customer services to get my refund. When I said shouldnt I be getting DTD the assistant said no because it was an 'operator error'.. is this correct?

Thanks
  • wannasave_2
    Options
    I will be getting some when my £5 off £40 kicks in tomorrow.

the next week's £5 off £40 vouchers don't start until the 20th which is Monday not tomorrow!

oh and that wine is £4.98 in Asda, not £3.33 as you said. I know cos I've just come back from there and checked it out specifically. Your info is wrong.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure