PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

OS Daily Sunday 18th September

Options

Comments

• bargainbird
    Options
    Morning

Tanya - What hens have you got :T
    Welcome - Newbies smiley-greet025.gif

Suzybloo - Take it easy xx
    Bitsy - Glad you had a break lastnight x
    JG - sorry he's not settling, hope it doesn't last too long, enjoy your meal xx
    FB - Tidy that room up young lady :rotfl:
    Beth - Hope DGD teeth are through soon xx
    Uolypool - How did it go last night ?:beer:

Had a lie in woohoo.....got up fed kids then back to bed with a cuppa ;).

Tea tonight is Cottage pie for kids, Chicken for DH and Me Not sure :p

A bit wet here today but WM will be going on shortly.

Have lovely days xx

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT9AExaSVPA25lgoWeGnR1fOp9SasOBcRFXWv_e8lfTP9cmS5yf
    You know your getting old when you
    go to the pub sit outside
    and admire the hanging basket :cool:
    Is officially 48% tight :D
  • jaxx46
    jaxx46 Posts: 613 Forumite
    Options
    Morning All,
    Woke up early this morning & literally could not move :( had to wake DP up to help me out of bed so I could go to the loo. 3 hours, a hot bot & several pills later I am starting to feel a bit more human. Dp is up & doing the housework, having already walked the dogs & been to the shop :A I shall have a bath when he has finished doing the bathroom & hopefully will be able to do my job of the day which is to empty the old freezer, take an inventory & fill up the new (to me) freezer & then do a meal plan. I know there is a lot of fruit in there & the original plan was to make pies, crumbles etc to go in the new freezer however that will have to wait now as I think all the standing yesterday making soups etc was responsible for my tinman impression this morning :rotfl:
    also have to check on my tomatoes which I left in a slow oven overnight & get them bottled.
    Dinner today will be slow roasted pork with all the trimmings, DS is on veg duty & will also be doing the fetching & carrying between freezers.
    Hope everyone has a lovely day os or not x
    Hugs, spoons & hi5's all round x

jaxx

ETA welcome to all newbies x
    Sometimes not moving backwards is as much an achievement as moving forwards is on other times. (originally posted by kidcat)

It's only a bargain if you were going to buy it anyway!
  • bargainbird
    Options
    Jaxx - Hugs to you xx

BB - Glad DD is co-operating :T. Can you claim on your house ins for her phone?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 18 September 2011 at 10:46AM
    Options
    Good morning all and a big Hello to our newbie friends You will enjoy it on here as we are all fairly friendly and are here to help each other out,and no qustion is a daft one .

I had a lovely evening out at the family 'do' and got home around 12.30 (still sober ) although I did imbibe a couple of glasses of white wine.Fran, my DDs sis-in-law had put on a nice spread and there was more than enough for everyone at the buffet.Its her OHs 50th birthday and her son is off this morning to Brighton Uni to read English so it was a bit of a double celebration.
    My DGS Danny was there as well with his girlfriend Chloe and I had a good long chat to her as she is buzzing about getting into the Met police .Her 'bleep' test went well apparently So she's a happy bunny The next big birthday I've got is Danny's as he is 21 on 14th November and I know I'm going to treat him to a nice suprise I am going to get him a day at Brands Hatch racing as a treat as he loves motor racing.He is such a nice lad and I know all Grannies say this but he really is a genuinely nice bloke and always happy and smiling and I feel sure his Granddad would be so proud of him as he is the image of him.
    Right it's time I got my big Sunday coffee pot on along with The Archers whilst I peel a bag of spuds for mashing .My DD gave me a spare bag that she had got in a BOGOF so they will be peeled ,mashed with some mixed herbs and cream cheese,and when cold put in the freezer for later in portions.
    DGS Ben has just rang to say he will come and trim the lawn for me later so I'm glad I made lots of cakes and jam tarts yesterday He is going to football traing first and he is always hungry as a horse when he comes out of there.
    Have a great day everyone whatever you maybe doing
    Take care JackieO xx
    P.S.JulieG look on yesterdays replys I put the jam tart recipe there
  • cat_smith
    cat_smith Posts: 1,258 Forumite
    Options
    Sky cleared so I walked hound. Clear and cold.

Now going to finish rugby.

Thought occurred to me - if they are doing away with sell by dates, the number of whoopsies available is going to be dramatically reduced as they don't have to mark things down so early. Not good news.
    GC Mar 13 £47.36/£150
  • bargainbird
    Options
    CS - Our YS here are rubbish anyway....say 1.45 down to 1.25. Sometimes you get a bargain but generally not worth it
  • jc2703
    jc2703 Posts: 1,780 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all

Welcome Newbies :D Hope DS1 settles soon JackieG
    JackieO what a lovely present or your Grandson - I'm sure he'll be delighted!
    Butterfly Brain - thank you for putting up N9eav's name....I was thinking of him too with a man starting the thread but couldn't think of the name - would have annoyed me all day lol

Let's hope all the teenagers are calmer today - mine are still in bed so I don't know yet!

Made a lovely leek & potato soup for dinner last night followed by apple crumble - i'm not lucky enough to have any apples round here so I bought 4 big cooking apples from lidl last week and it was lovely!

Braising steak, onions, carrots and leek in the slow cooker will be served with mash and sweetcorn for dinner. Lunch will be the left over soup and maybe bacon sarnies for the menfolk.

Need to do some baking for this weeks lunches and firm up the meal plan for the rest of the week - DH is working nearly every night this week so I want some easy dinners so I'm not stuck in the kitchen too long.

Happy Sunday! xx
    Climbing back on the OS wagon after a short vacation to Recklessness
    Quit Smoking 08/06/09
  • Kimsmum
    Options
    Morning everyone.
    Well its pouring down here has done all night.
    Roast chicken and vegs here for tea today.
    I have finished my inventory of my food cupboards, fridge and freezer.
    I should only have to get fruit, vegs and milk for the next 2-3 months.
    So I am going to try and stay away from the shops for the next 2 months.:rotfl:

While the OH is watching Moto GP I am going to try and put lots on ebay as its free this weekend. Need to get rid of alot of stuff and really give this place a good clean.
    I do start and then OH needs help and then I never get to finish what I started. So I have a plan to do one room a week and then I should have enough time to finish it.
    I am going to make an appointment with my doctor, as I have osteoarthritis in my left knee and the pain is getting worst, especially when I sit down for awhile its painful to stand up.:(

Hope everyone has a good day
    Sending postive thoughs and hugs to those that need them
    Taking it one day at a time
  • bramble1
    bramble1 Posts: 3,096 Forumite
    Options
    Morning Morning,

Hello newbies :)

Had a good time at the party last night, my arms ache from the bucking bronco!

Just waiting for water to heat up then i'm having a bath. OH and I are off portsmouth way shortly to get some bits from one of the tractors. then I think maybe stop for lunch or head home for a lazy afternoon infront of the telly.

I think downton abbey is back on tonight? We loved that last time around so hope this series is good too.

Need to stick WM on today and get our bedroom sorted. Oh and clean up the rest of yesterday's mess.

Dinner tonight is a roast pork joint with potatoes, brocolli and carrots.

Have a lovely day all
    x
    Annual Grocery Budget £364.00/£1500
    Debt payments 2012 £433.27
  • Moorhen
    Options
    Morning all,

Really enjoyed the party last night, dancing till the early hours. OH actually danced, something he hasn't done for about 20 years! He got a big cheer when he came off the dance floor.:D

Just got back from church. There were 4 baptisms today, lots of cute babies!

Need to sort out the fridge this afternoon and finish this weeks meal plan.

Washing is on the line in the glorious sunshine, I am glad of the nice weather as DS has the first rugby match of the season this morning and yesterdays hail showers would not have helped.

Tea tonight is roast chicken. I gave in yesterday and bought 2 chickens as my family now eat so much on a sunday that there are barely any leftovers.

Have a lovely day everyone.:)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family