PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Daily Sunday 18th September

Options
mrbadexample
mrbadexample Posts: 10,805 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
edited 18 September 2011 at 5:41AM in Old style MoneySaving
Hi, this is the Daily Thread for Sunday 18th September. This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or slow internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred.

When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Some people who chat here like to try to answer everyone. Don’t feel you have to though, a general “hi everyone, hope everyone’s well” type start does just as well

GOOD MORNING! :D

Up ridiculously early to watch Wales v Samoa in the Rugby World Cup, so I thought I'd take the opportunity to start the thread - I don't get chance very often! :rotfl:

So, I hope everyone's having a bright start to the day (although it's dark at the moment!)

I don't immediately recognise anyone from the list of birthdays, but I don't pop in here as often as I used to - I'm usually in the garden these days - so Happy Birthday if you are celebrating.

:bdaycake:

Finally, I'd just like to ask everyone to keep an eye on artichoke to make sure she stays motivated. ;):D

Cheers all!
MBE :beer:

If you lend someone a tenner and never see them again, it was probably worth it.

Comments

• Hardup_Hester
    Options
    Morning MBE & all who cross/follow
    I'm another early riser, I have cooked apple in my jellybag being strained, I shall make apple & chilli jelly later, I still have a couple of bags of apples left to prep so I need to make more pies & crumbles. I shall do a Sunday roast today & make cakes too.
    We now have our 3rd compost bin up and running & it's filling up fast, I'm off to make a cuppa.
    Have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester

Never let success go to your head, never let failure go to your heart.
  • sistercas
    sistercas Posts: 4,803 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    morning everyone :D

its cold here :eek: been to feed the guinea pigs and had to put their hot water bottle in .

the girls are off shopping to meadowhall today, so i shall enjoy the peace while they are out :)

beef stew for tea , i will bung it all in the slow cooker shortly .

the garden needs a tidy , i can see there are some toms ready for picking , but there are so many green ones which i dont think will ripen which is a shame
    I am trying to save jars at the mo so i can make some jam with my raspberries and strawberries ( in the freezer) it will be the first time at jam making for me

hope everyone has a peaceful sunday - especially those with teens ( thank goodness mine will be out for a few hours :D)

(((hugs))) to all that need xx
  • cat_smith
    cat_smith Posts: 1,258 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all. Grey and miserable here today. Just treating myself with the Rugby :D and a cuppa. Then must get dressed and take furry for a walk.

DH sent off with packed lunch - he was called in last night, got back about 0200 and then woken at 0500 with a phone call. I hate broken nights sleep.

Plan today is to sort out my recipe folders. They are bursting with untried recipes. Many of which I will never try. Time to be ruthless.

Have a great day all.
    GC Mar 13 £47.36/£150
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,530 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning all,

Have got to have a busy day today, as apart from shopping yesterday I did nothing:eek:

SC full of veg and brisket for dinner, planning to bake some twinks and flapjacks for snacks, and do a meal plan for the week.

Have got to tidy everthing as my Dad & SM are over from Friday for a week from Canada, not seen em for 5 years so should make an effort :)

DD now states that she dosesn,t want to see her grandpa as she would have nothing to say to him:mad: At the moment I am ignoring the comment, i,m sure it,ll be ok in the end.....

Have a fab day all x
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • jannyannie
    Options
    Morning all

lovely morning here at the mo. Had a productive day yesterday and hung thermal blinds in my kitchen and bathroom, this was accompainied with much swearing and stroppiness. Should really help to make both rooms warmer as they are both a bit cold especially the kitchen. Can feel the difference already. Up early to go to my gym class in a mo. Took DS out to eat last night and then we watched Dr Who.

Plan today is finish a job application online, do the shed roof (tipped it down yesterday) and I might take DS swimming. Tea is sausage pasta.

Have a good day all and big hugs to those who need one, especially those with stroppy teenagers.

Jan x
  • betheebee
    betheebee Posts: 1,818 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all,
    Didn't get much sleep thanke to DGD waking at 11.10pm, 3.15 am and then 5.20 am. Finally gave in and got her up at 5.40.I think she is cutting her last back teeth, mmhh where did I put those matchsticks. She's had strawberries and yougrt then she had egg on toast. I've prept all veg to go with bogof roast chicken so that's dinner all sorted by 7.30. I have loads of washing dried in the conservatory but that wont get ironed until tomorrow, so I'll just fold and hide it.
    BM on for DH's packed lunch tomorrow. Need to do some banking on line and pay some bills. Hope to have a quiet afternoon when DGD goes home at 2pm.
    Have a good day, off to catch up.
  • forever_saving
    Options
    Good morning everyone :D.
    Lovely and bright here today although there is a chill in the air.
    I want to try and get the back garden tidy today. It shouldn't take too long. MIL and FIL are coming round today. They never stay too long.
    I need to get some baking of some description done today. I did see some puff pastry in the freezer so will probably get that out to make cheese straws. Might see if the girls want to help.
    Hope everyone has a good day and hugs to those who need them.
    FS x
    Jan GC £298.62/£300 Feb £298.01/£300 March £331.06/£300 April £69.96/£300
    Learning to accept the things i cannot change
  • suzybloo
    suzybloo Posts: 1,104 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning folks, not too bad a morning here. First day since my op on Wednesday that I am feeling anything like doing anything - but it will be a 'little and often' way of doing here today. My sister came down yesterday and put the washing out but unfortunately not long after she had gone, the blooming heavens opened, so washing can hang today and hopefully dry off a bit. Will need to pay the milk bill today, - I know its more expensive than supermarkets but it keeps the service there, and means I dont have to go to the supermarket during the week and spend a fortune for a pint of milk and the other dozen bits and bobs I dont need. The gas boiler got serviced - I was very surprised as I thought it would have been about £60+ however the bill came in yesterday and was only £42 - nice surprise for a change! I think it will be a day of planning and going over finances, seeing where else I can cut back on. - might even look at starting christmas planning now its less than a hundred days!

have a good day and (((HUGs))) to anyone in need,

Suzy
    Every days a School day!
  • InDebted2U_2
    Options
    Morning all. My first post in here. :wave: Just become unemployed so hoping for some OS tips and ideas to keep me busy and save me money. Started saving jam jars to have a go at making jam for the first time (lots of free fruit around at this time of year), so would welcome any tips on that front.
    2021 Targets
    find my smile again
    :money:
  • notjustlaura
    Options
    Morning all!

It's cold and grey in Glasgow this morning - I woke up to mist.

Yesterday's plans went awry somewhat and I didn't get to my exercise class. I did make it into town and got a lot of lovely relaxing knitting done when I came home. The SANDS shawl has gone past it's increases stage and I'm doing the decreases now. I'd like to finish it today but am not sure that's going to happen. I need to walk down to the shop this morning then go to a wee pet-sitting job this afternoon before getting ready for Mass in the evening.

OS chores for this morning are complete ... but William-cat's just tipped a whole lot of papers off the shelf and onto the floor so tidying is required.

Hope everyone has a relaxing, OS Sunday.
    Household: Laura + William-cat
    Not Buying It in 2015
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family