PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

OS Daily Sunday 18th September

Options

Comments

• frugalfrancesca
    Options
    Morning all :)this is my first OS daily post.. Having a go at cooking my first stew today :o, the joint I got on the whoopsies wouldnt fit in the slow cooker great start.. so ive popped it in a massive stew pan, covered in stock and put on low and hoping for the same sort of process to happen! having a cup of tea now and brekkie then I'll add the veg in abit, wish me luck! I have a driving lesson this afternoon (4-6) so have to trust hubby to put in the dumplings :o Also gonna do some baking later with little one, had some cola chocolate icing in the freezer for months and a ready make muffin kit that was massivly whoopsied thats also been in the cupboard for months! Hope everyone has a great day :)
    Wife to a hardworking husband and mum to a adorable son and grumpy cat :)
  • taplady
    taplady Posts: 7,184 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    morning!

welcome to indebted2u!:)

Off to work after lunch till 10pm tonight. This morning we're taking DS2 to work and popping into Aldi for a browse while we are there. The nearest proper supermarket to us is 10 miles away although Mr T's are trying to get planning permission approved in the town - quite a lot of local opposition, mainly from the older retired people who dont want the town to change at all. Most of the working families would benefit from having a nearer shop - they dont use the local shops anyway and shop online or drive the 10 miles. I can see both points of view. I use both - local shops and the supermarkets 10 miles away(DS works in one of them)

Have made leek and potato soup for lunch.

WM is on - but it will be hung indoors.

Not a lot else to report today.

have a lovely day all x
    Do what you love :happyhear
  • flutterbyuk25
    Options
    Morning all

Welcome newbies - you'll like it here :)
    MBD - I couldn't be bothered to get up for the game and we won! So do you think this means I should avoid watching all further Welsh games?! :rotfl: :(

Well it's pouring down here. I was meant to be going to the Abergavenney food festival with flakey friend and another friend, but I've cancelled cos it's all outdoors and I don't want to get soaked, plus I'm knackered so could do with a day to chill. gutted to be missing out on all the yummy food though!

I had a lovely night last night, went to a pub none of us bar flakey friend had been to before. She was 45 mins late :eek: but luckily turned up just as our table was ready. I had veggie fajitas and they were yummy. It was lovely to catch up with everyone. Not a late night, back just after 11pm, and as everyone had cars it was soft drinks all round.

OS wise - WM on, will probably go on again later too, MUST tidy my bedroom - it's become a bit of a dumping ground this week as I've barely been here so there's stuff everywhere. Need to file some paperwork, make packed lunch for tomorrow, and maybe do some food shopping. Phew!

Have a good sunday all

x
    * Rainbow baby boy born 9th August 2016 *

* Slimming World follower (I breastfeed so get 6 hex's!) *
  • Bitsy_Beans
    Options
    Good morning.

Had a very nice meal out with H last night, kids slept over at my mums. Plans for today are to meet H's great aunt who's over from New York for a light lunch <crosses fingers that the kids behave> and probably just pottering about and tidying up after the kids ;)
    Tea will no doubt be something with chicken and veg.

Erm not much OS :o must do better.

Welcome to indebtedtoU and frugal francesa.

Hugs and spoons all round. Have a lovely Sunday.
    I have a gift for enraging people, but if I ever bore you it'll be with a knife :D Louise Brooks
    All will be well in the end. If it's not well, it's not the end.
    Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all,

Quite a nip in the air this morning, for the first time this winter I have had condensation on the windows, so it must be getting colder.

Dinner tonight is ham and pea soup for OH and I and lentil soup for dd with some nice bread, we will have a big roast tomorrow. I might make a nice pud too, or ask dd to do it, although she still feels rough poor thing.

We are getting on great with the bathroom, will do a bit more today, might actually get some colour on the walls today :T

Dr who was fab last night :T really enjoying this series.

Hugs to all in need have good days all xx
  • betheebee
    betheebee Posts: 1,818 Forumite
    Options
    Tappers, I went to aldi on friday, they have loads of veg on offer for 49p. Broc, cauli, parsnips, carrots etc.
    I stocked up and most are in the freezer now.
  • jackieglasgow
    Options
    Morning,

Its very cold up here Laura, I agree- autumn has definitely arrived, although it was a lovely night last night, the sky was lovely and blue and clear.

Welcome to all the ewbies, hope you like it here. :)

Plan for the day, is to finish.some,more clearing out, watch the old firm game and make some rocky.road and flapjacks. Hoping to go out for dinner tonight before oh disappears tomorrow again. Having a terrible time with DS1 just now, and am having to ask Camhs for help with him, so I am trying to maximise parenting time, and avoiding t'interweb. Poor boy is not coping at all with the transition to high school. :( after such a good start, too.

So thats the reason for my lack of posting these days, although I am trying to keep up with everyones news.

Hugs spoons and hi fives all round.

Jackie xxx
    mardatha wrote: »
    It's what is inside your head that matters in life - not what's outside your window :D
    Every worthwhile accomplishment, big or little, has its stages of drudgery and triumph; a beginning, a struggle and a victory. - Ghandi
  • mioliere
    mioliere Posts: 6,838 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all,and a warm welcome to the newbies - you'll really enjoy it here and get lots of tips and advice.

It's a lovely sunny morning here so I've filled the washing line again. There's a real autumn feel to the air first thing in the morning, though, so winter is definitely on the way, and the winters here in France are absolutely freezing - minus 13 last year at its worst, so I'm already looking at ways of keeping the house warm without having to keep the heating on. We use oil and it's so expensive here. I've just checked on boilerjuice.com - oil in the UK currently is around .60p a litre; here, it's .89 cents which is a lot more! I shall have to get a delivery organised this week before it goes up even more!

OS-wise, dinner will be a pork roast and pudding will be something with apples and walnuts; I still have loads of each in store, and I can't give any away because everyone else is fully stocked up, too. It's been a bumper year, which is great.

Well, I hope you all have a lovely Sunday.

KathyXX
    KNIT YOUR SQUARE TOTALS:

Squares: 11, Animal blankets: 2
  • Butterfly_Brain
    Options
    Morning All
    Good to see you back MBE just halight and N9eav MIA now
    Welcome newbies smiley-greet013.gif

Bright here so far so DH is going to cut the grass if it stays dry. I hope so because I have 2 lines of washing out already.

Got some of the sliced beef that I have left out of the freezer for today's dinner with Y pud, runner beans and carrots.

Got to pop over to Hemel to get a new phone for DD and I want a mooch for more Christmas Pressies too :D

I had a long talk to DD when she got in from work ( We had both calmed down by this point) I found out that she has raging toothache, has lost her £200 phone that she has only had for 3 weeks and didn't insure it :eek: so she is down that money plus she is having grief from one particular girl at work :mad:

I told her that I would go half with her for a new phone but that would count as an early Christmas pressie and that I need her to start doing a few bits around the house for me because it is now getting harder and harder for me to do things because I am in constant pain with the arthritis.
    I gave her a couple of co-codomol last night and she has slept all night so she won't be so tired and narky (apart from the toothache today) I am trying to get her an emergency appointment at the dentist today or tomorrow to get that tooth sorted.

Have good days all x
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones that let in the light
    C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z. Member #35 Butterfly Brain + OH - Foraging Fixers
    Not Buying it 2015!
  • stefejb
    stefejb Posts: 1,725 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all

welcome to the newbies from an oldby that hasn't been around for a bit .... life gets in the way sometimes doesn't it?

Am at dd's for the weekend so that the grandkids can look after Nana while dd has a deserved weekend away with her bf. Get so disorientated in someone else's house - am baffled by the dishwasher, oven and washing machine - and don't mention the buggy - despite several lessons can still not fold it down. Plans today are to do a bit of tidying up and then hand kids over - they are staying with their other Nanny tonight.

Have good days all
    I'm going to feed our children non-organic food and with the money saved take them to the zoo - half man half biscuit 2008
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport