Forum Home» Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning» Flights, Currency & Car Hire

MSE News: Ryanair 'sticks two fingers up at passengers' with new card fees - Page 5

New Post Advanced Search

MSE News: Ryanair 'sticks two fingers up at passengers' with new card fees

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Flights, Currency & Car Hire
553 replies 54.2K views

Replies

• aptapt Forumite
    3.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    2010 wrote: »
    Why don`t people (as usual) read the T&C ?

The Ryanair Cash Passport will deliver the following benefits for cardholders:

· The card purchase fee of £6 will be reimbursed to Ryanair passengers since each cardholder will receive a £6 Ryanair travel voucher. There will be no admin fees on any Ryanair bookings.
    · No transaction fees will be levied on cardholders for any payments made on the Ryanair.com website.
    · As a special introductory offer for all Ryanair cardholders, there will be no transaction fees on any UK purchases until 31st March 2012.
    · The Ryanair Cash Passport offers a convenient and secure way to carry money abroad, make purchases and make ATM withdrawals.
    · Free card top-ups can be made at www.cashpassport.com/ryanair.

Stop moaning and just get one.

People have been reading the T&C and found plenty not to like - e.g. £150 minimum loading, 5.75% on purchases not in sterling, fees for non-use. Neither this move, nor the Ryanair website which states 'low fares are available' when they aren't, are fair trading. It is more than time for the OFT to impose a stiff fine.
  • 20102010 Forumite
    4.4K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    apt wrote: »
    People have been reading the T&C and found plenty not to like - e.g. £150 minimum loading, 5.75% on purchases not in sterling, fees for non-use.

Min loading £150, the card can be used ANYWHERE in the UK not just for Ryanair:

As a special introductory offer for all Ryanair cardholders, there will be no transaction fees on any UK purchases until 31st March 2012.

5.75% on purchases not in sterling: plenty of places to buy foreign currency at better rates.

Fees for non use: provide a link.

People will be queuing up for this card and MSE will be encouraging it.
  • photomephotome Forumite
    15.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Bake Off Boss!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Min loading £150, the card can be used ANYWHERE in the UK not just for Ryanair:

As a special introductory offer for all Ryanair cardholders, there will be no transaction fees on any UK purchases until 31st March 2012.

5.75% on purchases not in sterling: plenty of places to buy foreign currency at better rates.

Fees for non use: provide a link.

People will be queuing up for this card and MSE will be encouraging it.

Taken from another post so no link but apparently applies to the ryanair card

Monthly inactivity fee debited from your Card if it has not been used for 6 months £2.50

I dont get why people are still standing up for the underhand tactics that Ryanair use
  • Ryanair deserve to go bust with this sort of attitude. Personally ive only ever flown with them once, they are a disgrace to the airline industry and as for O'Leary dont get me started.
  • antennaantenna Forumite
    1.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    All my flight bookings start from spain,.so will i be charged 5.75% for all my bookings in euros?...or will i select the currency on screen to pounds?....that way i will pay more as euros cost less than pounds but the price in euros/pounds displayed for the flights is the same.
    Political?....I dont do Political....well,not much!
    1.8K posts
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps to comply with the EU then a card will be offered in euros..........
  • Roger1Roger1 Forumite
    1.6K posts
    ✭✭✭
    Why don`t people (as usual) read the T&C ?

· Free card top-ups can be made at www.cashpassport.com/ryanair.

Stop moaning and just get one.
    Error: Page Not Found

Why don`t people (as usual) check links before posting them? :D

Not having a go at you because you probably cut-and-pasted from ryanair.com. The link on the Ryanair website produces the same result. :p
  • alanrowellalanrowell Forumite
    5.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    antenna wrote: »
    Perhaps to comply with the EU then a card will be offered in euros..........
    ...But if you load it from a GBP account they'll be a 5.75% transaction fee. :D
  • Lufthansa have started playing silly beggars as well. They have gone from being a first class airline, offering good prices in their regular "sales", to adding payment surcharges, advertising cheap prices that you can't find and don't get me started on the quality of their "meals".
    1.8K posts
    ✭✭✭
    stewpot wrote: »
    Lufthansa have started playing silly beggars as well. They have gone from being a first class airline, offering good prices in their regular "sales", to adding payment surcharges, advertising cheap prices that you can't find and don't get me started on the quality of their "meals".
    Avoid the sourkrout and stick to irish stew(pot)
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support