• Fiver29Fiver29 Forumite
    18.6K Posts
    john539 wrote: »
    That's your problem. ;)

What's my problem?
    Moving onto a better place...Ciao :wave:
  • looby75looby75 Forumite
    23.4K Posts
    am I the only one who has a problem understanding who has a problem and what the problem is???? lol

• john539john539 Forumite
    17K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fiver29 wrote: »
    What's my problem?
    ah, that explains it ? rolleyes.gif :rotfl:
  • Fiver29Fiver29 Forumite
    18.6K Posts
    looby75 wrote: »
    am I the only one who has a problem understanding who has a problem and what the problem is???? lol

No, you're not the only one.
    Moving onto a better place...Ciao :wave:
  • john539john539 Forumite
    17K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fiver29 wrote: »
    No, you're not the only one.
    If you can't see a problem, then you don't know you have a problem, which is a problem in itself ! ;) :beer: :T :rotfl:
  • Fiver29 wrote: »
    Millions of people get paid monthly and have no problems.

The arguments about money being delayed by mistakes, etc, causing people to be overdrawn are pointless, because the same can happen to employees too.

Not very often that would happen to an employee though, whereas its common place for it to happen to claimaints.

When was the last time your wages did not go in the bank? And there was no warning? And no reason given for it happening? And you had to spend two days trying to get through to your employer to ask why, only to be told they dont have a clue, there is no records of any payments ever being sent out, never mind this one?

Then eventually, have to wait for a giro and pick it up in cash? With again, no explanation as to what is going on?
    [greenhighlight]but it matters when the most senior politician in the land is happy to use language and examples that are simply not true.
    [/greenhighlight][redtitle]
    The impact of this is to stigmatise people on benefits,
    and we should be deeply worried about that
    [/redtitle](house of lords debate, talking about Cameron)
  • Percy1983Percy1983 Forumite
    5.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I though of one way of making sure you benefit money going in late won't effect you...

...get a job and don't claim benefits.

Either way if benefits go monthly you get get a few moans in month one, a few less in month two and by month three people will be use to it.
    Have my first business premises (+4th business) 01/11/2017
    Quit day job to run 3 businesses 08/02/2017
    Started third business 25/06/2016
    Son born 13/09/2015
    Started a second business 03/08/2013
    Officially the owner of my own business since 13/01/2012
  • AmesAmes Forumite
    18.5K Posts
    cit_k wrote: »
    Not very often that would happen to an employee though, whereas its common place for it to happen to claimaints.

When was the last time your wages did not go in the bank? And there was no warning? And no reason given for it happening? And you had to spend two days trying to get through to your employer to ask why, only to be told they dont have a clue, there is no records of any payments ever being sent out, never mind this one?

Then eventually, have to wait for a giro and pick it up in cash? With again, no explanation as to what is going on?

The last time it happened to me on benefits was about a decade ago.

I really don't get all these arguments about making money stretch a month. You get x amount of money, and it lasts till the next payment day. So why would people need crisis loans or credit cards to get through the month? Surely that's the same if it's paid weekly?

Arguments about not being able to afford to live on benefits rates are a totally different issue.
    Unless I say otherwise 'you' means the general you not you specifically.
  • Ames wrote: »
    The last time it happened to me on benefits was about a decade ago.

I really don't get all these arguments about making money stretch a month. You get x amount of money, and it lasts till the next payment day. So why would people need crisis loans or credit cards to get through the month? Surely that's the same if it's paid weekly?

Arguments about not being able to afford to live on benefits rates are a totally different issue.

Tuesday for me...
    [greenhighlight]but it matters when the most senior politician in the land is happy to use language and examples that are simply not true.
    [/greenhighlight][redtitle]
    The impact of this is to stigmatise people on benefits,
    and we should be deeply worried about that
    [/redtitle](house of lords debate, talking about Cameron)
  • cit_k wrote: »
    Tuesday for me...

It would be interesting to submit a freedom of information request for payment error stats.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

PCR tests to end for fully vaccinated

Travellers returning to England in Oct

MSE News

Free Homebuilding & Renovating Show tix

London, Harrogate & Shepton Mallet

MSE Deals